Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

Poll: will you get ofp's xbox edition?

No, I am not getting it for Xbox. I am sticking to PC all the way. PC ROCKS! Better then Xbox in my opinion. Plus for Xbox you don't have addons, new maps, or anything. The graphics are probaly worse then PC too. smile.gif

Nope. I prefer PC over a console anyday. I hate just having about 8 buttons on a controller and a very lack of multiplayer. Make me go crazy without my mission editor and many....many buttons biggrin.gifcrazy.giftounge.gif

I wouldn't buy it but it if makes them oodles of money, which inturn, allows them to make the games they want, the OFP community will benefit.

Ben

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (benreeper @ Mar. 31 2003,22:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I wouldn't buy it but it if makes them oodles of money, which inturn, allows them to make the games they want, the OFP community will benefit.<span id='postcolor'>

I'm sure BIS will accept your generous $20 donations. This will cost you less than buying OFP Xbox and will help BIS achieve your stated goal. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PFC Mongoose @ Mar. 27 2003,00:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Nope.

Don't have an X-Box, don't feel like shelling out almost Can$500 for an X-Box and Steel Battallion (even if I had the money.  smile.gif )

I have nothing against consoles, though.

I own more PS2 games than I do PC games.

I generally prefer console RPGs to PC ones, and as a big time anime fan, a lot of the games I like are PS2 exclusive.

Generally, PC games have more replayability, but that's only if oyou can download mods and addond from the net, or shell out $30 for each expansion.  smile.gif

So, I honestly can't say one is better than the other; I'd be equally sad without my PC or my PS2; gaming wise.

Though, I wholeheartedly agree that I'd reccommend OFP PC over OFP X-Box, espcially the GOTY edition.<span id='postcolor'>

lol 500$ where do you live? i got my xbox for 180$ in a shop

nah i dont buy games i already own

Guest jacobaby

Maybe none of you read the thing they said about X-Box version.

It will be using "version 1.5" of the OFP engine, that is halfway to the OFP2 engine from what I understood from the interview.

I would be interested in SEEING the XBOX version to note whether the changes are visible as yet, but why would any PC owner already with OFP want to buy it again for XBOX?

What a silly question.... That version is being released, not for us, but for them........

tounge.gif

Hey Avon ya missed. 'What the f**** an Xbox'.

And yes i do know what one is, and I voted no 'cos like was said before.. whats the point in buying OFP again smile.gif

Wel iam alomst in with Klink and the rest but i have some questions that i want some awnser on ( if its posible ) How do you Typ things??? like in the mission editor??? because if you need to select letter by letter you are just +-5min on one txt so BIS please tel me how you gonna slove this and what do you think of using the Heaphone from Live??? and if there are new things like better engine bug fixes and better graphics then i will buy it but its useless to buy a game whats exactly the same as CWC and RES but there will be a Oflline MP in it so you can Frag around with 4 gamers biggrin.gif and if you can play with 4 gamers on 1 campaign it would be very cool so BIS hear my thaughds and awnser me please...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (waffendennis @ April 01 2003,16:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Wel iam alomst in with Klink and the rest but i have some questions that i want some awnser on ( if its posible ) How do you Typ things??? like in the mission editor??? because if you need to select letter by letter you are just +-5min on one txt so BIS please tel me how you gonna slove this and what do you think of using the Heaphone from Live??? and if there are new things like better engine bug fixes and better graphics then i will buy it but its useless to buy a game whats exactly the same as CWC and RES but  there will be a Oflline MP in it so you can Frag around with 4 gamers biggrin.gif and if you can play with 4 gamers on 1 campaign it would be very cool so BIS hear my thaughds and awnser me please...<span id='postcolor'>

maybe they will add something like a menu with all the inits there are confused.gif

I will admit it, I'm a PC gamer and I own an XBox. And I answered the poll with a maybe. If the game comes out with XBox Live support, then I will definitely pick the game and an XBox Live unit up. If there is no XBox live support, I probably wouldn't get it at all.

I have Xbox not.

Moderators, couldn't you have fixed the poll? That [*] I do not own an Xbox option is really necessary.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ April 05 2003,20:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have Xbox not.  

Moderators, couldn't you have fixed the poll?  That [*] I do not own an Xbox option is really necessary.<span id='postcolor'>

It's my poll and I intended it to be this way. mad.gif

Suffah!

wink.gif

I own an XBOX. Has never failed me unlike Microsofts other software. Alot of games on XBOX are third party, not produced by MS. If your going to boycott MS products then you should be using MAC pc's.

I do not plan on getting OFP for XBOX simply due to the lack of addons and why buy same game twice?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (awdougherty @ April 04 2003,15:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I will admit it, I'm a PC gamer and I own an XBox.  And I answered the poll with a maybe.  If the game comes out with XBox Live support, then I will definitely pick the game and an XBox Live unit up.  If there is no XBox live support, I probably wouldn't get it at all.<span id='postcolor'>

I don't have an X-Box (as a matter of principle), but if I did, X-Box Live support wouldn't be a selling point for me. I already pay enough on my regular internet fees, I don't need to be shelling out more money (the X-Box Live fees) for the privilage of playing OFP online.

However I am curious about any engine improvments, but I wouldn't buy it.

correct me if im wrong, but doesnt Microsoft own more than half of Apple/Mac? tounge.gif

and microsoft are the makers of the xbox, so if you buy an xbox but only 3rd party games, it wont make much difference biggrin.gif

Guest BratZ

I wont be buying it, why would I want a raped version of OFP, and why they claim its gonner be better on Xbox? That upsets me.

Anything to convince newcomers to get into OFP is ok to me , but dont lie and I hope they arent wasting much resources on a console game? In my mind once OFP is on Xbox it then has the "game" title rather than a "simulator".

I almost bought an Xbox last christmas for my baby (hes 2) but got a gamecube instead,he hardly plays it and demands the computer instead.He plays 3 games mainly ,OFP , Battlefield and Tribes 2 and does it all unattended.He will be 3 this christmas and he needs a computer ,not a game console.

I wasted money

A raped version of OFP... this needs reporting to the police! Todays scociety is really going downhill, i know OFP is extremly sexy but cant you take no for an answer!?! tounge.gif

Veering more on-topic now then:

Hmmm if i had an X-Box i'd be leaning towards the maybe. But now i dont have an X-Box only my trusted PC and PS2 (and wanting to buy a Gamecube) Also the good o'l 8bit nintendo nothing quite like it. (OFP2 in 8bit format please BIS

smile.gif )

And for various reasons i decided when X-Box was released not to buy it ever. Cough prostitution of good games developers cough cough.

Interesting how this quickly turned into a PC vs Console debate. When that happens, objectivity seems to go out the window. Some people are just wired to think that all games must be on the PC. Unfortunately, that is not the case. In fact, many games suck on a PC, most notably head-to-head games such as various Sports titles.

There is something to be said for games specifically programmed for 5.1 surround sound, and played on a 36" TV. Personally, I found my Dreamcast version of Rainbow Six to be far better than the PC version, although it was made much later... sort of like X-box OpFl.

I like both console and PC games. Consoles got me started, playing Track&Field with my grandpa on his 8bit nintendo. Good o'l days. And thus i have some relation to gaming, and it's something that goes over it being a hobby. It's part of me, and thus i have very strong feelings about wich games are good and wich game platforms are crap. Not dissing anyone just saying i as a traditional gamer dislike the things being done to my dear consoles.