Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

Poll: will you get ofp's xbox edition?

BIS has announced that OFP's Xbox edition is due out in Autumn 2003. Will you buy it or plan on getting it?

You missed the option "Don't have an Xbox and don't intend to get an Xbox" smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Mar. 21 2003,14:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You missed the option "Don't have an Xbox and don't intend to get an Xbox" smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Then just answer NO. biggrin.gif

No, I dont even have an xbox, and even if I did, I wouldn't buy any games for it since I dont want to support Microsoft.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Mar. 21 2003,14:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No, I dont even have an xbox, and even if I did, I wouldn't buy any games for it since I dont want to support Microsoft.<span id='postcolor'>

So, you don't even have OFP for Windows, I take it? tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 21 2003,14:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Mar. 21 2003,14:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No, I dont even have an xbox, and even if I did, I wouldn't buy any games for it since I dont want to support Microsoft.<span id='postcolor'>

So, you don't even have OFP for Windows, I take it? tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I do, Microsoft has nothing to do with the Windows version of OFP as far as I know.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 21 2003,12:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Mar. 21 2003,14:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You missed the option "Don't have an Xbox and don't intend to get an Xbox" smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Then just answer NO. biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

But then that's not giving an accurate demographic, all those who don't have an Xbox will say no, as will those who for example have fallen out with Bis, as will those who don't think Opf should be demeaned as to be an Xbox game, etc. etc. Until a poll can accurately reflect those types of opinions I can only in all good conscience use my smooth legs to vote "null" smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Mar. 21 2003,14:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Until a poll can accurately reflect those types of opinions I can only in all good conscience use my smooth legs to vote "null" smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Which Epilady model do you have?

Voted NO.

Would prefer a Linux client.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 21 2003,12:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Mar. 21 2003,14:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Until a poll can accurately reflect those types of opinions I can only in all good conscience use my smooth legs to vote "null" smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Which Epilady model do you have?<span id='postcolor'>

This kind......

Paul_S.jpg

biggrin.gif

Voted no as I won't be getting an Xbox.

RED

I wont be getting it, but I will tell my friends that do have XBox (but not a PC), to get OFP, or at least try it.

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 21 2003,06:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Mar. 21 2003,14:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You missed the option "Don't have an Xbox and don't intend to get an Xbox" smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Then just answer NO. biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

And so I did. No readson to buy an Xbox, all it has is Halo.

My PS2 Is the r0x0r!!!! tounge.gif

But why buy a game you already own?? Theres no reason to waste money on something you already own.

I hate microshrot products

XBOX is crap! (not jsut the shit screen resolution of the xbox)

such a game should never be played in a gameconsole

This game should stick to pcssssssssssssssssssss

i think BI + Codemaster should rater work on independence lost!

As mentioned before I hate video games. But there was one video game I always adored: Metal Gear Solid 2.

And next week is release of Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance DVD here in Germany. smile.gif

Offtopic but I had to mention it. I`m already counting days. biggrin.gif

Now with the current poll result, I - if I were BIS - would rethink my strategy and maybe focus on what I have left of my existing community, instead of investing time and money in a project, which would need it's whole new community. What's the point in loosing most of the current fanbase within the next 12 months, by trying to create another xbox-based community that for sure will not grow to the size of the pc community.

Just a hint... tounge.gif

I agree, consoles stink. You can probably extend your XBox with a mouse, keyboard, broadband internet and a monitor to ensure nice OFP gameplay. Hmmm, I am not sure but I think you'd be better off with buying a PC for that money...

Honestly, even if i had xbox i wouldn't buy it. Why? Because you wouldnt get the fullest out of it. Mission editor/the ability to download addons/etc.

IMO console games are too freaking expensive. Look at PS2 games they're 50 bucks for one. If you think about it, you can go out and buy a nice new PC game for that price.

Also, I read that the OFP in xbox will only have half the power of the engine. I could be wrong though.

But hey if this is what they want by all means i say go for it. Maybe people who play it on xbox will say "hey this is really fun, i wonder what its like on PC..."

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Nyles @ Mar. 22 2003,03:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Now with the current poll result, I - if I were BIS - would rethink my strategy<span id='postcolor'>

Heh! What do you think I started this thread for? wink.gif

BIS, forsake your evil ways and repent! wow.gif

smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 21 2003,22:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Nyles @ Mar. 22 2003,03:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Now with the current poll result, I - if I were BIS - would rethink my strategy<span id='postcolor'>

Heh! What do you think I started this thread for? wink.gif

BIS, forsake your evil ways and repent! wow.gif

smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Kinda late now isnt it? I mean if they're going to release it in august then why stop now? This will be a good experience. Maybe we should've posted this sooner... confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jester983 @ Mar. 22 2003,20:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Maybe we should've posted this sooner... confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

We were swooned by whispers of Independence Lost. sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 21 2003,22:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We were swooned by whispers of Independence Lost. sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

That must've been their plot! Talk about IL so we would forget and stop saying why OFP in xbox is no where near as good as PC. wink.gif

although Xbox is not as good as PC, it gives BIS an overall experience into console gaming. Console gaming itself constructs a good portion of gaming market, and for BIS to try the waters with OFPXb is a good investment.

IL is NOT BIS's work, it's BIS Austrailia's work.

Nope.

Don't have an X-Box, don't feel like shelling out almost Can$500 for an X-Box and Steel Battallion (even if I had the money. smile.gif )

I have nothing against consoles, though.

I own more PS2 games than I do PC games.

I generally prefer console RPGs to PC ones, and as a big time anime fan, a lot of the games I like are PS2 exclusive.

Generally, PC games have more replayability, but that's only if oyou can download mods and addond from the net, or shell out $30 for each expansion. smile.gif

So, I honestly can't say one is better than the other; I'd be equally sad without my PC or my PS2; gaming wise.

Though, I wholeheartedly agree that I'd reccommend OFP PC over OFP X-Box, espcially the GOTY edition.