Sign in to follow this  
Yoshiro

1.91 final

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We have to face it. OFP was delivered to us as a beta product, now it ends while still being beta so to speak. I could name at least a dozen major problems with OFP, but I don't think that BIS will listen anyways.

I just hope that with the next game, whenever that will be out, the support for the community will be more lasting, and that the game will ship in a stable and solid bug-free shape. If not, I have my doubts that they will ever be fixed with a later patch. We might get nice looking bicycles or WW1 airplanes, but for sure not important bugfixes that would help the game in terms of balance, artificial intelligence or physics.<span id='postcolor'>

I don't agree with that at all. I remember playing all the way through version 1.0 without any major problems. No crashes or anything else that majorly took away from the gameplay.

There's no such thing as a 100% perfect PC game. To think so is pretty naive. confused.gif

BIS has been releasing patches and free upgrades for nearly 2 years. Do you honestly expect them to continue doing that forever? There has to be a point where they decide to focus on other projects. I can't think of a single other developer that has supported a title as well as BIS has.

OFP has it's issues just like all other games have theirs. Sure, it would be nice to have MP in-game-joining, improved physics, etc. But, the fact of the matter is, this is about as good as it gets. There still aren't any other games that can compete with everything OFP:R has to offer.

I say stop your whinning and enjoy what we have available to us. The modding community is doing an excellent job at keeping the game fresh and enjoyable. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (BigRed @ Mar. 22 2003,23:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yeah I would like to know the some that are pleased about 1.91 being the final patch<span id='postcolor'>

I have no complaints, I've more than received my Å30 as far as I'm concerned smile.gif

This has been the greatest game I have ever owned.

The community, the updates, the support, the players, all of it are the best I have ever seen. I Don't mind having no more patches or anything, I'm glad that there are still plenty, if not more enthusiests than the day this great game came out helping make addons, MODs, scripts, missions campaigns etc.

I'm almost happy they aren't making anymore patches. Why? because now we know they are fully devoted to making the next great OFP2 or IL. Now that they are working on those projects, they will appear sooner on the selfs of our local game store than before when they were making patches and addons for OFP.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Mar. 23 2003,00:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time.<span id='postcolor'>

It's an off-quote of Abraham Lincoln's famous:

"You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all the time."

BIS, for Resistance CD owners, which of these is the correct update path:

1. 1.75 CD > 1.91 patch > 1.90 CWC and RH patches.

2. 1.75 CD > 1.90 patch > 1.90 CWC and RH patches > 1.91 Patch.

If the answer is 2, will there be new 1.91 CWC and RH patches coming out soon?

Also, if the answer is 2 and someone patched up to 1.91 before applying the CWC and RH patches, is there a way to correct this or must Resistance be uninstalled and reinstalled from scratch?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Mar. 23 2003,01:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif0--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (BigRed @ Mar. 22 2003,23wow.gif0)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yeah I would like to know the some that are pleased about 1.91 being the final patch<span id='postcolor'>

I have no complaints, I've more than received my Å30 as far as I'm concerned smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

ditto, shaven legs biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 23 2003,09:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BIS, for Resistance CD owners, which of these is the correct update path:

1. 1.75 CD > 1.91 patch > 1.90 CWC and RH patches.

2. 1.75 CD > 1.90 patch > 1.90 CWC and RH patches > 1.91 Patch.

If the answer is 2, will there be new 1.91 CWC and RH patches coming out soon?

Also, if the answer is 2 and someone patched up to 1.91 before applying the CWC and RH patches, is there a way to correct this or must Resistance be uninstalled and reinstalled from scratch?<span id='postcolor'>

/bump

Anyone from BIS not playing with their Xbox that can answer these questions? confused.gifbiggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">1. 1.75 CD > 1.91 patch > 1.90 CWC and RH patches.

2. 1.75 CD > 1.90 patch > 1.90 CWC and RH patches > 1.91 Patch.<span id='postcolor'>

Based on the testing we did it seems you can do it both ways with equal results.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suma @ Mar. 24 2003,15:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Based on the testing we did it seems you can do it both ways with equal results.<span id='postcolor'>

You mean both don't work, right?

tounge.giftounge.giftounge.gif

j/k wink.gif Thanks! smile.gif

I'm just glad OFP is at v1.91 and not at, oh lets say, v1.00

We sure did come a long way.

-=Die Alive=-

I agree.....gawd 1.00 was a laggy beast. Now it's smooth...like a fine whisky (that bounces occasionally and can shoot through walls.....but any fine Scotch can do that) tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Leone @ Mar. 24 2003,17:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I agree.....gawd 1.00 was a laggy beast. Now it's smooth...like a fine whisky<span id='postcolor'>

Sounds much more appealing than Ralph Wiggum's legs.

I've had OFP since version 1.0 and it's been the best investment (game-wise) that i've ever made. Of course it has quirks, such as strange physics phenomonon, but that's definitely going to happen in a game where there are so MANY vehicles being used. There's a lot more than just infantry to worry about.

I've been using 1.91 since the beta came out and haven't had a single problem. I've been waiting for the 1.91 dedicated to come out (which it finally did) so I could switch my vehicle respawn scripts over to use the TypeOf command. Just looking at the scripting commands available in 1.20 as compared to now, there so much that can be done now, it's amazing! Remember when Deletevehicle didn't exist and respawning vehicles was a painfully laborious task?

Also, with so many HIGH quality addons being released, the players themselves have the power to create a completely new game, with the exception of some of the basic elements of the game engine. I would daresay that many of the new addons are better than the original BIS versions (in some ways).

Anyway, I'm highly pleased with OFP and I continue to play it almost every night with nary a break (with the exception of Splinter Cell). I've even played thru the original campaign 3 times, Red Hammer once, and the Resistance campaign twice.

So be happy!!

I believe ppl aren´t complaining about OFP being a buggy product and as such needs another update.

I think ppl are scared about OFP dying if no more patches are released.

Let´s face it, 90% of the ppl here can´t live without this game. (i include myself)

Of course addons can lengthen its life, but now you know the road has an end.

Everybody knows now that OFP will die in a near future, and that is something really depressing.

I would just try to ask for support till OFP2 gets released, i just ask for that.... a tiny support maybe, but some kind of support.....

With the discussion about exploitable bugs in and cheats for ofp there were really many clans hoping for a patch to address this i guess. I think many clans will reconsider putting effort into leagues now that there is no hope of ever preventing cheats. This is the downside.

The upside is that cheats do not casual or public gamer that much and the missions made for 1.91 will work forever as there won't be any changes to editor commands anymore. Also, many things i'd like to see in ofp don't seem to be possible with the current engine and i really like the idea better that bis is making a sequel with a new engine which allow vehicles in vehicles, which has no clipping bugs, which uses all the nice shaders, which has real water and grass, etc instead of "wasting" time on the old engine. Yeah, there would be some things i would like to see fixed in ofp, but if not fixing them means there will be a COMPATIBLE sequel to the game in 2004 i can live with that. Although i think that ofp had many bugs during the last 21 month the support from bis was outstanding in terms of effort and duration they put into this game.

Does anyone have the install process for linux?

It was removed from the LINIX news area and replaced with the newest update.. I am still new at Linux and I can't remeber the steps to install the latest patch.

any help?

Thanks

1.90 was released in 2002 november/december januari 1.91 beta was released and no changes(differences) in 1.91 beta & 1.91 final 4 months sad.gifmad.gifcrazy.gif

I really hoped there will be new options in the next patch some improvements in the next patch but nothing mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Adammo @ Mar. 29 2003,02:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Does anyone have the install process for linux?<span id='postcolor'>

- stop the dedicated flashpoint server

- copy server-1.91c.shar.gz to the directory you've got your dedicated server running in

- gunzip the server-1.91c.shar.gz

- run the resulting file server-1.91c.shar

- remove server-1.91c.shar

- restart your dedicated server

Command are as follows (on my system anyway wink.gif):

cd /usr/games/ofp

killall server

cp /home/erik/server-1.91c.shar.gz .

gunzip server-1.91c.shar.gz

sh server-1.91c.shar

rm server-1.91c.shar

./server -config=server.cfg