Sign in to follow this  
Yoshiro

1.91 final

Head over to File Shack they have 1.91 Final up for download, I'm trying to get it now.  Will update with more.

To quote "Dune", "A door has closed, but a new one has opened"

And it is the same as 1.91 BETA. Now we just have to wait for the next Flashpoint game engine version and OFP2 in 2004.

Too bad that it is the same file as the 1.91 beta....

I hope there will be a 1.91 dedicated server, or will maps using typeof be running on 1.90 dedicated servers???

yea, look at page 4 of the 1.91 beta post below this one, Maruk confirms this.

Edit, uhhhhhhh make that page 3 hehe.

So does this mean they just give up and there not going to improve on the net code or solve some of the cheating that goes on.  I think this will push even more people away from this great game.

Red I think they are going to focus on the next generation of the Flashpoint engine now and the new game based on it coming out in 2004.

Edit, oh yea Red <----------- Is Falcon hehe

It is as if they'd stop right in the middle...

They should still focus on OFP. It has a come a long way, but now, one year before we might see anything new, they totally abandon the game. It really is a shame.

I think there is still so much potential. Even a new Resistance-like expansion pack would sell well if it contains some code improvements and some new units. They could even include a smaller collection of fan-made addons. Players will buy such a pack for sure.

Just think about it, BIS: It would be wise to invest a little more time and money in your current community and then have a large number of enthusiastic players at hand when your next game ships, instead of having to build up a fan-base from scratch again, because the previous one died due to a lack of updates and support to keep it together.

I suggest that you rethink your chosen path and return to your fans that supported you from the times even before the demo came out until the present day. We need you, and you certainly need us. The majority would gladly wait 1-2 more months for your next game, if you'd keep us happy with some small updates and maybe a new unit here and there until the release of that upcoming successor title.

The work involved shouldn't even be that much, as you could reuse many of the units created for VBS, and maybe even implement some of the things you changed engine-wise.

We - the community - would be very happy about further support, further addons and in generel more news and talk from your side, guys. Keep up the work you did for us in the past, just don't let it end like this. This community won't survive another year without anything new. Trust me! sad.gif

Hi All,

I Agree Nyles,i think they should keep making units and releasing them like they did With the Camel Add-on!

Please Don't leave us hungry!your a Great team but don't just drop everything,at least let us have a small patch with a few more units and Fixes sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

I just remembered Operation Vietnam that was supposed to be an "addon" by Seventh for this version of flashpoint. Operation Vietnam and noticed that its not listed on his main page here . That would be the only hope I think of seeing more updates or addons to the engine as it stands right now, but who knows if he is still working on it or if he's just doing Independance Lost now.

I am disappointed too, but BIS needs to focus on the future. OFP and Resistance have stopped selling, and they need to make money.

I would have like to have had more scripting commands for the current version, and some other scripting commands fixed, but look on the bright side:

* 1.91 is pretty damn stable (please, no whining about little quirks - there is only so much BIS can do with the current engine!wink.gif

* No more worrying about future patches breaking your missions or scripts! tounge.gif

* The games graphics in the game are still very scalable - the better the hardware that comes out, the better the game will look and play (As of now, can anyone here turn the view distance to 5000, the texture quality the maximum and get good framerates? I doubt it.)

* FREE MODs are scheduled to be released soon, and will make OFPr into a whole new experience (almost)

* The editing community is still alive and kicking.

* Sites like OFPEC (Where I work) are here to stay. When the next gen of OFP comes out, we will be ahead of the curve, and the editing community will be stronger than ever.

* Hopefully BIS will be able to learn from it's mistakes and when release day comes, hopefully we will have a better product, and better support from the getgo.

The interview with Marek, confirmed what I had hoped. They are going to do it all over again, but have in mind the shortfalls of the last project. There is only so much fixing and tweaking you can do, before it's time to just rip everything down and start from scratch.

I agree with toadlife, it will be good not to bother changing missions when new patches come out.

I'm looking forward to the announcement we are going to hear soon.

RED

IMO, it's now time to stop whining and concentrate on producing new mods, missions and campaigns that make the most of the hundreds of addons out already.

I agree with Avon, after all we all want IL and OFP2, but we also want extra updates.

The BIS team are without a doubt working around the clock with OFP2(?) and VBS1, and lets face it, they have done a hell of a lot to keep OFP alive.

I say look to the future and the next line of BIS games biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 21 2003,09:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">IMO, it's now time to stop whining and concentrate on producing new mods, missions and campaigns that make the most of the hundreds of addons out already.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes it may be whining, bitching, moaning or how ever any one wants to say it but most OFP players play Multiplayer so we can make all the new Mods, Missions, Campaigns, CTF's, and so on that we want but MP right now is being killed by a bunch of cheating little *edits* so all we are asking for is some help with that maybe away to setup some kinda check when poeple connect there was rumour a new patch would reflect that but now thats not happening allot of people are getting discouraged and are giving it up. I have played OFP for almost 2 years now and if I have to go another year with this BS then I guess online checkers is the way to go. We atleast deserve that don't we?

We all wait for new releases, but I think BIS have lot of work with the XBOX release of OFP. I think this is, why we don't get new updates at the moment.

So keep up playing with the actual state and don't bother BIS in development of the new game. There will be new things coming. If you cry or not, it needs time and don't change anything.

Ok looks like my map has problem due to a bug thats never been fixed......

The fact that this is a 'final' update means that the east-west runway problem is not going to be fixed...

A problem I have been aware of since before 1.46.

I do hope that ofp2 has backward compatiblity or I might aswell stop working on the map as it wont work as its supposed to.

Oh yes its based on a rel loaction so I can't just change the runway heading.

One thing i really dont understand?

Why declare a "buggy" beta-patch as final?confused.gif

Whats with that "MP-tank-target-view" problem?

It makes playing tankgunner impossible in MP....

MfG Lee crazy.gif

We have to face it. OFP was delivered to us as a beta product, now it ends while still being beta so to speak. I could name at least a dozen major problems with OFP, but I don't think that BIS will listen anyways.

I just hope that with the next game, whenever that will be out, the support for the community will be more lasting, and that the game will ship in a stable and solid bug-free shape. If not, I have my doubts that they will ever be fixed with a later patch. We might get nice looking bicycles or WW1 airplanes, but for sure not important bugfixes that would help the game in terms of balance, artificial intelligence or physics. sad.gif

You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time.

It's neither, I could search and try to find who said it but as it's such a common phrase there are prolly more than one claiming it smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Mar. 22 2003,23:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time.<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah I would like to know the some that are pleased about 1.91 being the final patch I haven't seen any and I know most of the MP community.