Sign in to follow this  
Warin

The Dogs of War

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PFC_Mike @ April 09 2003,15:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Denoir, I'm not quite sure you fully understand the concept of looting. You can't loot if people are going to shoot you for it. Becuase people are looting, it proves that the Saddam regime can't control the country and that the British and US troops just don't give a shit.<span id='postcolor'>

What? What have I ever said about looting?? Yes the looting and the anarchy indeed means that Saddam's regime has lost control.

BTW, I have "looted" myself. biggrin.gif I have several war trophies from Kosovo.

One of my items that I still have, found in an abandoned Yugoslav radar station smile.gif

kosflag.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ April 09 2003,17:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BTW, I have "looted" myself. biggrin.gif I have several war trophies from Kosovo.<span id='postcolor'>

Not to mention that poor cow you ate, Denoir. It was a war crime! Hague will hear of it!!!  biggrin.gif

edit - spelling (grr)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blaegis @ April 09 2003,17:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Not to mention that poor cow you ate, Denoir. It was a war crime! Hague will hear of it!!!  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I did get a number of phone calls from Carla del Ponte, but I was uncertain if she wanted to press war crime charges against me or ask me out on a date. Possibly both. wow.giftounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PFC_Mike @ April 09 2003,09:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Bn880, do you also admire the courage of the Nazis and Japanese in WW2? THose heoric SS, protecting the world from the under-races? The fearless Japanese, slaughtering any civillian or POW who attempted to stop their trans-pacific oil grab? What a load of shit.<span id='postcolor'>

That is a load of shit. What's your problem? I don't support any regime.

I just saw two newsclips from Baghdad. One from the norweigan reporter Ĺsne "whatshername" and one from a british journalists interviewing American soldiers about to secure a bank.

According to Ĺsne, there are many relieved people in Baghdad. But equally many, maybe more, are against the American occupation. She says its a quite "loaded" situation.

The Brit interviewed two soldiers. And it was fine and dandy. We got an example of Danish TV translators knowledge about the military... : )

Journalist - Excuse me sir, whats your name and what are your thoughts on the situation here?

Soldier - My name is Lance Corporal York, yada, yada...

Last bit translated to "My name is Lance York..." : )

(ofcourse I had to translate it back from Danish so everyone would understand. But its nice to know the people translating have an idea what they are talking about)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ April 09 2003,17:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PFC_Mike @ April 09 2003,15:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Denoir, I'm not quite sure you fully understand the concept of looting. You can't loot if people are going to shoot you for it. Becuase people are looting, it proves that the Saddam regime can't control the country and that the British and US troops just don't give a shit.<span id='postcolor'>

What? What have I ever said about looting?? Yes the looting and the anarchy indeed means that Saddam's regime has lost control.

BTW, I have "looted" myself. biggrin.gif I have several war trophies from Kosovo.

One of my items that I still have, found in an abandoned Yugoslav radar station smile.gif

kosflag.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

I guess you are watching the latest news from Iraq on your Tandberg TV? biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (brgnorway @ April 09 2003,19:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I guess you are watching the latest news from Iraq on your Tandberg TV?  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Heh, I don't loot crap wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ April 09 2003,19:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (brgnorway @ April 09 2003,19:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I guess you are watching the latest news from Iraq on your Tandberg TV?  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Heh, I don't loot crap wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Really? Take another look at the picture you presented! tounge.gif

Well, we are still a long way off from winning this war. That will be done when the Coaltion effectively institutes Iraqi rule of law, and leaders elected by a free Iraqi people. The timing is crucial, and the politicans can still fuck it up by staying to long, or not quickly enough restoring order to Iraq. Its a delicate balance, but if it can be pulled off successfully, then all I can say is that the politics of not just Iraq, but the entire region have been dramatically changed.

I've been watching the reactions of people on the Arab street in Egypt, and it seems they are all stunned. There was anger that Saddam fought at all and caused the waste of entirely too many lives.

That being said, the predictions of massive damage and high numbers of civilian casualties have failed to materialize at this point. The war was an enormous risk for the Coalition and the Iraqi people, but that being said, you can't achieve enormous successes without taking enormous risks.

Just out of curiosity, how many people still feel (after watching the reactions of the Iraqi people today) that WMD still need to be foundin order to justify this war?

Personally I don't, as I have always felt that the humanitarian goal of freeing the Iraqis was the ultimate justification for the war, and was the main reason I supported it. Though I do think it is imperative to find any WMD if they exist, in order to prevent them from falling into the wrong hands. In the vacuum created by the collapse of Saddam's regime, and the implementation of the next, there exists the potential for those WMD to disappear and end up in the hands of terrorist organizations, and I'm sure all would agree that that scenario would be a disaster.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Schoeler @ April 09 2003,19:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just out of curiosity, how many people still feel (after watching the reactions of the Iraqi people today) that WMD still need to be foundin order to justify this war?<span id='postcolor'>

I thinkt that even if they found WMD this war would have been unjustified.

hmm ... but don't forget that if WMD's are found , they might already be accounted for by the weapon inspectors ... hmm ... nevermind ....

Gohomeshields.jpg

1 question that bothers me about.

Are they protesting against the US peace activists who function as humanshields?

Palestinians reaction: JPost

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"This is a sad day for all the Arabs and Muslims, particularly the Palestinians," said Nael al-Am, a 36-year-old grocery owner in Ramallah. He is one of the few merchants who still keep a large-size poster of the deposed Iraqi president. Friends describe him as a staunch supporter of Saddam.

"I invested a lot of money in buying a satellite dish and a new TV set because I wanted to watch the day the battle for Baghdad begins," explained the bearded shopkeeper. "I was sure that this was going to be one of the great battles of the century, where an Arab army would inflict heavy losses on the invading crusaders. I feel as if a dagger has been stuck in my heart when I see American soldiers strolling in the heart of Baghdad." <span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"This can't be true," grumbled Abu Ghazaleh. "Where are the suicide bombers? Where are the Fedayeen of Saddam? Where are the heroic Republican Guards?" <span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"Where is the liar [iraqi information minister Mohammed] Sahhaf," he asked rhetorically. "He sounded and looked so confidant when he told us that the Iraqis were slaughtering the crusaders and mercenaries at the gates of Baghdad. Everyone believed that the Iraqis were cleverly luring the Americans and British into Baghdad, which was supposed into a huge graveyard for the crusaders."<span id='postcolor'>

[Nelson] HA-- HA [/Nelson]

-=Die Alive=-

"Just out of curiosity, how many people still feel (after watching the reactions of the Iraqi people today) that WMD still need to be foundin order to justify this war?"

Good question. Its all about: Does the end justify the means?

Geraldo Rivera gets "Stink-Palmed" in Iraq biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Staley went on to say, "A handful of troops here wanted pictures with G and autographs. A few shook his hand. Others here wanted to harm him, were disgusted with him, thought he should have been sent home in a Humvee (a 40-hour drive south through the desert).

"We later found out a few who shook his hand had put those hands in unmentionable places prior. Army justice?"

<span id='postcolor'>

http://www.twincities.com/mld/pioneerpress/news/local/5581200.htm

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (brgnorway @ April 09 2003,19:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ April 09 2003,19:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (brgnorway @ April 09 2003,19:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I guess you are watching the latest news from Iraq on your Tandberg TV?  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Really? Take another look at the picture you presented!   tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yea, its a cheap watch wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hit_Sqd_Maximus @ April 09 2003,23:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (brgnorway @ April 09 2003,19:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ April 09 2003,19:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (brgnorway @ April 09 2003,19:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I guess you are watching the latest news from Iraq on your Tandberg TV?  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Really? Take another look at the picture you presented!   tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yea, its a cheap watch  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

wink.gif

touchÄ

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

Who is the UK's natural ally?

Expires:22 Apr 2003

USA 57.79%

Europe 19.99%

Both 11.92%

Neither 10.28%

<span id='postcolor'>

The neither has me confused... who if not them? australia, perhaps? Am I neglecting the strong Sino-British ties, perhaps? wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Necromancer- @ April 09 2003,20:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Gohomeshields.jpg

1 question that bothers me about.

Are they protesting against the US peace activists who function as humanshields?<span id='postcolor'>

They were protesting against the human shields...

When the Marines rolled in to Paradise Square (or whatever its called) a small group of "human shields" ran out after awhile to start protesting against the Marines...

Some Iraqis started throwing rocks at them (the "human shields") and ran them off.

I was watching live when it happened.

It was while the Iraqis were trying to pull down the statue in Paradise Square (or whatever its called).

LOL. biggrin.gif No, its our secret love affair with Peru. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ April 09 2003,22:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Geraldo Rivera gets "Stink-Palmed" in Iraq biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Staley went on to say, "A handful of troops here wanted pictures with G and autographs. A few shook his hand. Others here wanted to harm him, were disgusted with him, thought he should have been sent home in a Humvee (a 40-hour drive south through the desert).

"We later found out a few who shook his hand had put those hands in unmentionable places prior. Army justice?"

<span id='postcolor'>

http://www.twincities.com/mld/pioneerpress/news/local/5581200.htm<span id='postcolor'>

That is funny as hell! biggrin.gif

Not sure if this should go in this thread or the other, but:

Gilligan casts doubt on source of hotel attack

Pretty interesting article. Note, he dosen't disclaim the fact that a tank did fire on the hotel, nor does Centcom, just the shot taken against the 15th floor that killed the two cameramen.

It raises more questions then anything else.