Sign in to follow this  
Warin

The Dogs of War

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ April 10 2003,07:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They have it on video. What's to dispute? Tank fires, room gets blasted, camera captures all. You can't get better evidence then that.

Unless you want to claim the following

1) The fired an empty package, without the shell or the shell magically disappeared in mid air (the barrel of the main gun was pointed directly at the room with the camera)

2) The Iraqis somehow managed to fire a missile/shell that impacted the precise point at which the tank barrel was pointing and at the precise time when the tank shell would have impacted.<span id='postcolor'>

I've heard that the damage inflicted to the hotel wasn't big enough to match a tank shell. Someone who's trying to dispute that the US killed the reporters said that the tanks obviously did fire on the hotel, but did not inflict that damage.

And is it me or does that picture really look fake? I don't mean to sound like the Iraqi minister of information, but I've never seen flames shoot out of a barrel like that, at least not matching these conditions, maybe at night.

Plus the flames are overlapping the edge of the bridge, meaning that it's close to the edge. Also, the tank that is supposedly firing is around 56 pixels long (not including the main gun), the tank in front of it is 58 pixels long, indicating that the firing tank is slightly further away than the non-firing one which appears to be close to the edge as well.

Judging by how close the tanks are horizontally seperated, that guy is really tailgating. I'd wager if the gun was pointed forward it would be poking into the back of the front tank.

Is there a video to go with this? I'm not convinced with the photo.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ April 10 2003,04:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ April 10 2003,07:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They have it on video. What's to dispute? Tank fires, room gets blasted, camera captures all. You can't get better evidence then that.

1) The fired an empty package, without the shell or the shell magically disappeared in mid air (the barrel of the main gun was pointed directly at the room with the camera)

2) The Iraqis somehow managed to fire a missile/shell that impacted the precise point at which the tank barrel was pointing and at the precise time when the tank shell would have impacted.<span id='postcolor'>

I've heard that the damage inflicted to the hotel wasn't big enough to match a tank shell.  Someone who's trying to dispute that the US killed the reporters said that the tanks obviously did fire on the hotel, but did not inflict that damage.

And is it me or does that picture really look fake?  I don't mean to sound like the Iraqi minister of information, but I've never seen flames shoot out of a barrel like that, at least not matching these conditions, maybe at night.

Plus the flames are overlapping the edge of the bridge, meaning that it's close to the edge.  Also, the tank that is supposedly firing is around 56 pixels long (not including the main gun), the tank in front of it is 58 pixels long, indicating that the firing tank is slightly further away than the non-firing one which appears to be close to the edge as well.

Judging by how close the tanks are horizontally seperated, that guy is really tailgating.  I'd wager if the gun was pointed forward it would be poking into the back of the front tank.

Is there a video to go with this?  I'm not convinced with the photo.<span id='postcolor'>

Good lord...you analyized it?  wink.gif  tounge.gif

EDIT: I want in to this conspiracy thing..hehe...

If you zoom into the "explosion" from the tank...you will see a clear deliniation around it also...like it was pasted or something (using Photoshop 7)....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ April 10 2003,04:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ April 10 2003,07:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They have it on video. What's to dispute? Tank fires, room gets blasted, camera captures all. You can't get better evidence then that.

I've heard that the damage inflicted to the hotel wasn't big enough to match a tank shell.  Someone who's trying to dispute that the US killed the reporters said that the tanks obviously did fire on the hotel, but did not inflict that damage.

And is it me or does that picture really look fake?  I don't mean to sound like the Iraqi minister of information, but I've never seen flames shoot out of a barrel like that, at least not matching these conditions, maybe at night.

Plus the flames are overlapping the edge of the bridge, meaning that it's close to the edge.  Also, the tank that is supposedly firing is around 56 pixels long (not including the main gun), the tank in front of it is 58 pixels long, indicating that the firing tank is slightly further away than the non-firing one which appears to be close to the edge as well.

Judging by how close the tanks are horizontally seperated, that guy is really tailgating.  I'd wager if the gun was pointed forward it would be poking into the back of the front tank.

Is there a video to go with this?  I'm not convinced with the photo.<span id='postcolor'>

Well, when I watched the video on the news it was pretty clear what happend. The camera focused on the tanks on the brigde. One of the tanks open fire (you see the flame from the barrel) and then there's an impact with lots of dust - and the camera falls to the ground. No way it was faked!

Strange thing is that I played the "destroy the choppers" -mission today and sort of got a reminder of what the video was like when I was lying on the roof of one of the buildings at the airport and a bmp turned the turret towards me and you can only see the front of the barrel. Same as in the video.

Needless to say - I joined the same fate as the poor camera-man.

Well im off to sleep now,but ill paste a text that came along with the picture,so you can anlyze it and seek some tinhats tounge.gif

Gnite.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Image grabbed from a TV footage shot by a French television channel France 3 cameraman, showing a US Abrams tank firing towards the Palestine hotel in Baghdad. The incident killed two foreign journalists

<span id='postcolor'>

I've been searchign all the news sites for a photo of the damage of the building.  Seems most of them are covering the fall of Baghdad.

From what I heard of the person trying to dispute this, the damage inflicted on the building was too light, and the tank would of had to fire around a corner to hit the building at the time it was hit.  Now that picture would dispute this, so would a video, but the picture isn't that great and I haven't seen any video.

edit - I stand corrected.

020320-A-9680K-037.jpg

Tanks apparently can make a big fireball when shooting. But this still doesn't explain the dangerous tailgating.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ April 10 2003,05:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I've been searchign all the news sites for a photo of the damage of the building.  Seems most of them are covering the fall of Baghdad.

From what I heard of the person trying to dispute this, the damage inflicted on the building was too light, and the tank would of had to fire around a corner to hit the building at the time it was hit.  Now that picture would dispute this, so would a video, but the picture isn't that great and I haven't seen any video.

edit - I stand corrected.

Tanks apparently can make a big fireball when shooting.  But this still doesn't explain the dangerous tailgating.<span id='postcolor'>

Probably a woman driving! tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ April 10 2003,06:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Probably a woman driving!  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

mad.gif

Hey, thats not nice!

Women don't tailgate, tailgating requires you keep at least some distance between you and the other car, women just ram right into you. biggrin.gif

hehe, OK I'll stop

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PFC_Mike @ April 10 2003,04:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So what has happened to Baghdad Bob? I hope he isn't dead, his testimony at a war crimes trial would be hilarious.

Do you suppose that there is really a "Battle of the Bunkers" below Baghdad? Debkafile seems to think that's where the real fighting is.<span id='postcolor'>

I too am looking forward to more from Baghdad Bob. I'm gonna miss him! sad.gif

I can see the trial now:

Prosecutor: So, are you or are you not responsible for the torture and executions of thousands?

Bob: I will not answer you infidel stooge! You are not in this room, this is not a courtroom! I am not on trial!

Pros: Please just answer the question truthfully.

Bob: You are defeated, we will send you and your criminal gang packing!

As for the battle of the bunkers. I have heard there are miles upon miles of tunnels connecting bunkers below Baghdad. They were dug with French supplied tunneling equipment used to dig subway tunnels. Its quite possible ther is a lot of combat taking place below ground.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Balschoiw @ April 09 2003,14:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This war is over when Bagdad has fallen ? The war will be over if Iraq belongs to Iraq´s people and not to commercial interests of the coalition forces.<span id='postcolor'>

The war continues!

iwojimalg.jpg

tounge.gif

LOL, I think that picture sums up how most of these guys here see this war.

If I were a world war two vet I'd be pissed at that picture.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ April 10 2003,06:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If I were a world war two vet I'd be pissed at that picture.<span id='postcolor'>

Comedy is indescriminate.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ April 10 2003,06:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If I were a world war two vet I'd be pissed at that picture.<span id='postcolor'>

Why?

Personally, I can't wait to see how the McHummus does tounge.gif

I hope Baghdad Bob survives, he deserves his own tv chat show, he's the best entertainment I have seen on TV in a looooong time lol tounge.gif

Or maybe he could start the 'Baghdad Bob school of spin doctors' , alot of western politicians could learn a few tricks from this dude lol biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ZIKAN @ April 10 2003,08:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I hope Baghdad Bob survives, he deserves his own tv chat show, he's the best entertainment I have seen on TV in a looooong time lol  tounge.gif  

Or maybe he could start the 'Baghdad Bob school of spin doctors' , alot of western politicians could learn a few tricks from this dude lol biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

If his sister is alive, I hope she gets to see him hung for handing over her husband to the Baath party for execution many years ago. mad.gif

I wonder whether there were people from all three factions (shi'ite, sunni and kurd) in the crowds cheering in Baghdad?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ April 10 2003,03:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ April 10 2003,02:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ April 10 2003,00:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What is in dispute is if the tank fired the shot that killed the two reporters on the 15th floor.<span id='postcolor'>

They have it on video. What's to dispute? Tank fires, room gets blasted, camera captures all. You can't get better evidence then that.

Did you read the article?<span id='postcolor'>

Yes and they are ignoring basic facts. A camera filming from that very same floor showed the tank firing and hitting. As for not enough damage I suppose they (and you) were victims of their own censorship. Did you see the pictures from inside? Two whole rooms were totally destroyed. The sabot crushed two concrete walls. The people that died were crushed by pieces of the collapsing roof. The damage was perfectly consistent with a 120 mm shell.

I think this serves as a good example to what extreme measures media can be exploited to serve a propaganda cause. Think of this BS next time you hear a claim of found WMD or that Saddam is dead again.

Well, I'm not going to speculate why it happened, but General Blount said it did and apologized, so that settles it in my mind.

Denoir, do you ever sleep? You are always here.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Schoeler @ April 10 2003,09:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Denoir, do you ever sleep?  You are always here.<span id='postcolor'>

I just got up smile.gif

Latest Fisk report

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Schoeler @ April 10 2003,09:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Denoir, do you ever sleep?  You are always here.<span id='postcolor'>

he did. for about 4 hours. check his last post and the one before that.

he doesn't need much of sleep. but i think we all need some life tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ April 10 2003,09:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Schoeler @ April 10 2003,09:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Denoir, do you ever sleep?  You are always here.<span id='postcolor'>

I just got up smile.gif

Latest Fisk report<span id='postcolor'>

You just went to bed like 3 or 4 hours ago if I remember correctly.

Goodnight all, its 12:31 am in Arizona and I've got class tomorrow and a paper due Friday which I've been avoiding writing by arguing here all day LOL! tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Schoeler @ April 10 2003,09:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ April 10 2003,09:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Schoeler @ April 10 2003,09:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Denoir, do you ever sleep?  You are always here.<span id='postcolor'>

I just got up smile.gif

Latest Fisk report<span id='postcolor'>

You just went to bed like 3 or 4 hours ago if I remember correctly.<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, something like that. I think I got about 5 h of sleep. They are changing the plumming in my building so they start drilling at 08.00, no chance of sleeping beyond that sad.gif Well, I'm off to do some studying, I have two exams in about two weeks.. argh that drilling noise  crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ April 10 2003,07:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ZIKAN @ April 10 2003,08:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I hope Baghdad Bob survives, he deserves his own tv chat show, he's the best entertainment I have seen on TV in a looooong time lol  tounge.gif  

Or maybe he could start the 'Baghdad Bob school of spin doctors' , alot of western politicians could learn a few tricks from this dude lol biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

If his sister is alive, I hope she gets to see him hung for handing over her husband to the Baath party for execution many years ago. mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Bagdad Bob is just fine...The Americans are trapped in the desert, thay are nowhere near Bagdad  biggrin.gif

madmedic-37.jpg