Sign in to follow this  
Warin

The Dogs of War

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PFC Mongoose @ April 09 2003,10:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What do you mean, Denoir?  The way that article was constructed, you mean?<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, the wording, the name calling, the one sided view. You can see the bias glowing. BBC or any other self-respecting news agency would have never put in things like this:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It would be easy to ridicule him. Just his appearance - a tight black beret and arched eyebrows - makes him seem like a surreal comedy villain.<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But across the world he is wooing a growing army of fans - one woman told a British radio phone-in she found him "sexy".<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But despite his apparant good nature in front of the cameras, al-Sahhaf is a ruthless member of Saddam's regime.<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ April 09 2003,11:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">LOL. Before this war, I never knew that Sky news was so unbelievably crappy. This article is no better then something from the Sun. One would think that there are plenty of good unemployed journalists out there, and yet they hire clowns  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

It's just a plain old news item. I don't think the author was vying for the Pulitzer Prize.

Is this just an outlet for you to denegrate anything American or British? Pardon me for asking but I just don't understand the point of your post.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ April 09 2003,11:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But despite his apparant good nature in front of the cameras, al-Sahhaf is a ruthless member of Saddam's regime.<span id='postcolor'><span id='postcolor'>

So is that true or false?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ April 09 2003,10:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is this just an outlet for you to denegrate anything American or British? Pardon me for asking but I just don't understand the point of your post.<span id='postcolor'>

LOL. Is this your answer to everything? I can see why you like Sky news. Read my post. See a little comment on BBC there, it's British.

That article was ultra biased and written obviously by an amateur. I mean it's really bad when I can see that their English style is bad. The use of charged adjectives is also a typical trademark as are fixed epithets  ("Big Bad Wolf").

If you can't see that... Well, we can't all be educated can we wink.gif

This is surely true. But the remaining pieces of this article are very subjective. But I can understand that. When I saw the first statements of al-Sahhaf I thought he was doing a quite good job under this circumstances and regime. But after some days all he was saying was "Mercenaries!! No US troops here!!! We beat them all!! ... !!!" Now you have to use searchlights and a microscope to find the true core in his speechs. I guess he`s even not briefed before his speechs, so he has no idea what`s going on in Iraq any more. The Iraqi communication is totally broken down in my opinion, that explains the missing resistance and Coalition troops taking sunbaths in Saddams palaces.

Edit: But what about preventing the looting? Stop Sunbathing! tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ April 09 2003,11:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ April 09 2003,10:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is this just an outlet for you to denegrate anything American or British? Pardon me for asking but I just don't understand the point of your post.<span id='postcolor'>

LOL. Is this your answer to everything?<span id='postcolor'>

No but I was astounded by the attention you were giving to this simple (in all senses of the word) article.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That article was ultra biased and written obviously by an amateur.<span id='postcolor'>

So? Since when is every humor columnist or their 3rd level assistant on the level of Ernest Hemingway?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I mean it's really bad when I can see that their English style is bad. The use of charged adjectives is also a typical trademark as are fixed epithets  ("Big Bad Wolf").<span id='postcolor'>

You remind me of Shakespeare. This is much ado about nothing.

Calm down children. Dont you know theres a war on? biggrin.gif

well anyway ive been indisposed for a few days-probably best as it has stopped me gloating at the collapse of the 'popular resistance' that was supposedly heroicly resisting the invaders when i last posted. Now the extent of resistance in Baghdad seems to have degenerated to a few sparse gangs of men with AKs running around getting shot by MBTs.

Baghdad seems to be following the path of Basra situation quite closely but on a larger scale.

chaos now, it should abate somewhat in a few days (hopefully)

I think you have to expect at least a few days of chaos. The question is how long it will last.

capt.1049876115.iraq_war_us_reb104.jpg

Daddy's got a brand new monitor.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

An Iraqi man and his son loot a government wharehouse on a main road leading into Baghdad on the south-eastern suburb of the Iraqi capital, Wednesday, April 9, 2003. (AP Photo/Laurent Rebours<span id='postcolor'>

Eizo FlexScan T565 wink.gif

It seems that every news agency is blaring about how the Iraqis are receiving the U.S. troops with smiles and flowers. Ok, they are probably genuinely delighted, but somehow Sven Hassel's books come to mind. In those it is repeatedly explained how conquered civilians (especially civilians of totalitarian countries) always receive the conquering troops with smiles and declarations that "I was always on your side, it's good to be liberated." This is simple survivalism, of course.

So I wonder, how many Iraqis are genuinely happy that they are "free" now and how many are just cheering, because they think they might get killed if they did not, especially considering that cheering Saddam has probably been mandatory.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ April 09 2003,11:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">capt.1049876115.iraq_war_us_reb104.jpg

Daddy's got a brand new monitor.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

An Iraqi man and his son loot a government wharehouse on a main road leading into Baghdad on the south-eastern suburb of the Iraqi capital, Wednesday, April 9, 2003. (AP Photo/Laurent Rebours<span id='postcolor'>

Eizo FlexScan T565 wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Now all he needs is power and a copy of Operation Flashpoint, and he'll be set. tounge.gif

The widespread looting seems to suggest otherwise.It suggests a genuine loss of fear.

Iraqis arent stupid, they know America and Britain dont habitually kill civilians. Ive seen the scenes on TV of the Shia and Kurds celebrating.... if they dont mean it they must be the best damn actors! The afluent sunnis who did well under Saddam are another matter.

However there are of course inherent dangers to this loss of fear as well.

Its clear they are celebrating the departure of Saddam rather than the arrival of the coalition per se

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Oligo @ April 09 2003,13:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So I wonder, how many Iraqis are genuinely happy that they are "free" now and how many are just cheering, because they think they might get killed if they did not, especially considering that cheering Saddam has probably been mandatory.<span id='postcolor'>

I don't believe this is the case but let's say it is.

How, then, will these people feel once they learn that they're not forced to cheer anyone anymore?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ April 09 2003,12:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How, then, will these people feel once they learn that they're not forced to cheer anyone anymore?<span id='postcolor'>

That is what we have to see later on.

By the way, I see that you are implying that western democracies are not forcing anybody to cheer. Right, they might not shoot you in the west, but try criticizing someone important and see your social prospects die. In western cultures you have to cheer the right persons in order to secure a future for yourself.

"Shut the fuck up and get with the program", they say, even in the west.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"Shut the fuck up and get with the program", they say, even in the west.<span id='postcolor'>

Australia´s prime Howard just sent officers to Iraq to preserve australian commercial interests.

This war is over when Bagdad has fallen ? The war will be over if Iraq belongs to Iraq´s people and not to commercial interests of the coalition forces.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Balschoiw @ April 09 2003,14:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The war will be over if Iraq belongs to Iraq´s people and not to commercial interests of the coalition forces.<span id='postcolor'>

Sounds like a quote from Radio Cuba.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sounds like a quote from Radio Cuba.<span id='postcolor'>

No it sounds like a speech of G.W Bush tounge.gif

No, that would be

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The war will be over if Iraq belongs to Iraq´s people AND to commercial interests of the coalition forces.<span id='postcolor'>

Anywho, back on track, any new developments from Baghdad?

Information Minister proclaiming how loyal Iraqi troops are even now storming the White House? Any more shot down airfraft? Any more friendly fire incedents?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PFC Mongoose @ April 09 2003,15:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Information Minister proclaiming how loyal Iraqi troops are even now storming the White House?<span id='postcolor'>

I think he's on his way there now.

Watch the video, while you're on that page.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Balschoiw @ April 09 2003,13:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The war will be over if Iraq belongs to Iraq´s people and not to commercial interests of the coalition forces.<span id='postcolor'>

To the victor belong the spoils. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ April 09 2003,14:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif6--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PFC Mongoose @ April 09 2003,15wow.gif6)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Information Minister proclaiming how loyal Iraqi troops are even now storming the White House?<span id='postcolor'>

I think he's on his way there now.

Watch the video, while you're on that page.<span id='postcolor'>

Interesting report, but I can't watch the video.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.<span id='postcolor'>

is the message it gives me, but I can't find any settings (in Internet Explorer) that might be preventing it... yet I often have problems recieving video from the net, unless I stream it, or download it. (and I was unable to download this clip.)

Denoir, I'm not quite sure you fully understand the concept of looting. You can't loot if people are going to shoot you for it. Becuase people are looting, it proves that the Saddam regime can't control the country and that the British and US troops just don't give a shit.

Bn880, do you also admire the courage of the Nazis and Japanese in WW2? THose heoric SS, protecting the world from the under-races? The fearless Japanese, slaughtering any civillian or POW who attempted to stop their trans-pacific oil grab? What a load of shit.