Sign in to follow this  
Warin

The Dogs of War

It's interesting to see the video from the earlier strikes. You can see almost immediate secondaries after the initial explosion. Things that make you go hmmmm

3 Commando made the landing on the Al-foor peninsula. They were preceeded by Royal Marine Snipers, and US Seals to harrass enemy sentries. 539 Assault Brigade took the beach, and cleared the beach of mines. 45 Commando then followed up, and a much larger force is now following up. Looks like its all kicking off down there now.

As for the SA80, the H&K modified version is far more reliable. As long as the weapon is clean it works fine, but its prone to clogging up from dust.

The nice thing about the '80 is its accuracy. It really is one of the most accurate assault rifles out there, shame that its so delicate though. Not to worry though, if the Royal Marines are going in they will have bayonets fixed!

BTW, their war cry is 'Zulu Zulu Zulu'. Madness!

People who speak Finnish should check out www.mil.fi/irak for in-depth analysis of the military operations by staff of the National Defence College.

edit: changed the word "crisis" for a more appropriate phrase, "military operations"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Badgerboy @ Mar. 20 2003,21:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As for the SA80, the H&K modified version is far more reliable. As long as the weapon is clean it works fine, but its prone to clogging up from dust.

The nice thing about the '80 is its accuracy. It really is one of the most accurate assault rifles out there, shame that its so delicate though. Not to worry though, if the Royal Marines are going in they will have bayonets fixed!<span id='postcolor'>

thanx for info. got a question.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">3 Commando made the landing on the Al-foor peninsula. They were preceeded by Royal Marine Snipers, and US Seals to harrass enemy sentries.<span id='postcolor'>

I'm guessing the Navy SEALs, not the sea lions trained by US navy tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm guessing the Navy SEALs, not the sea lions trained by US navy <span id='postcolor'>

Oh, I don't know. I've heard those sea lions are vicious buggers, and will take on any mission in exchange for the right amount of fish!

(Oh and apparantly Ricin has been found in a French train station)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Badgerboy @ Mar. 20 2003,12:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm guessing the Navy SEALs, not the sea lions trained by US navy  <span id='postcolor'>

Oh, I don't know. I've heard those sea lions are vicious buggers, and will take on any mission in exchange for the right amount of fish!

(Oh and apparantly Ricin has been found in a French train station)<span id='postcolor'>

Seriously, I wouldn't want to screw with the Sea Lions or Dolphins trained by the USN. They're very very well trained.

Seems an Apache just went down. Seems it was taking AAA fire, and contact was lost.

It appears the RM and USMC have taken UMM QASR.

Also, any scots out there might have noticed that William Wallace has come back from the dead and reincarnated as an American General!!!!

They just found Ricin in a Paris train station sad.gif  

And they tried so hard to stay out of it...

edit: doh! I need to learn to read... sorry

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Red Oct @ Mar. 20 2003,19:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">has there been any casualties?<span id='postcolor'>

no, of course not. tounge.gif

Official's are saying these troops movements such as the Marine landings which were followed by Schmiter Tanks (sp? :/) are so called preperation of the battlefield, also UK harriers are supposidly in scud hunter sorties which of those that were supposidly launched against the DMZ and Kuwait city.

Iraqi TV has denied that coaltion forces have captured the Iraqi town on the Iraqi/Kuwaiti border is false and wrong.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Badgerboy @ Mar. 20 2003,13:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Seems an Apache just went down. Seems it was taking AAA fire, and contact was lost.<span id='postcolor'>

MS-NBC is reporting that the crew is alright. I've also heard that the Apache was able to take back off (???)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I've also heard that the Apache was able to take back off (???)<span id='postcolor'>

One put down in Afgahnistan. The crew jumped out, poured the emergency oil supply back into the engine, started her back up, and flew back home.

British are said to be engaging the Aufbau (sp?) Peninsula, and US Marines are heading up through southern Iraq even further now.

Seems most of the 24 Tomahawks launched last night were from British submarines....

(And they had to wake the PM up to tell him about it! )

there is supposidly a Firefight between US tanks and Iraqi Tanks/Troops, 1 ITN reporter with the para arty have reported hearing Gunfire and shells in the distance.

We got authorization to use Turkish Airspace smile.gif

Well the Para Artillery Regiment has moved into Iraq due to the US marines need of there light guns he is afaik the first correspondedn to move into iraq other than the Sky news man in Bahgdad,

I wouldn't want to be an American in Baghdad when Saddam gets angry.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MLF @ Mar. 21 2003,06:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">afaik the first correspondedn to move into iraq other than the Sky news man in Bahgdad,<span id='postcolor'>

There are quite a few correspondents reporting from Baghdad.

i was mainly talking about Combat correspondents going along with the troops.