Sign in to follow this  
Warin

The Dogs of War

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ZIKAN @ Mar. 23 2003,10:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Apparently they are putting guns to the heads of any of the regular units who are showing signs of defeat-ism or cowardice.<span id='postcolor'>

Well, that's not as bad as the Syrians on the Golan Heights in 1967.

The officers shackled the enlisted men to their front line bunker positions.

Then the officers quietly retreated.

There are thousands of flights approaching those positions.  What would cause this one to be viewed possibly as an enemy or unknown craft or missile out of all those flights?  I don't know anything about the air side, but I'm guessing it ability to identify itself to the friendly forces at the air defense stations was either gone or malfunctioning. anyone know these type things?

Im curious to know how the Patriot systems work? Is it fully automated to fire a missile without any human involvement?Or do the crew decide to engage or not? I guess time is critical so would it be left to the machine to fire on its own?

No, you have two radar operators and one commander in the engagement control station. I'd say that this whole incident is because of error on the radar operators' part.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ZIKAN @ Mar. 23 2003,10:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Im curious to know how the Patriot systems work? Is it fully automated to fire a missile without any human involvement?Or do the crew decide  to engage or not? I guess time is critical so would it be left to the machine to fire on its own?<span id='postcolor'>

It is not automatic. It must be manned and someone has to press the button to launch them.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Longinius @ Mar. 23 2003,10:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A group of journalists have been shot and killed by coalition forces while trying to get away from a group of Iraqis. Three journalists killed and a fourth wounded, later rescued by another journalist. Link to Swedish article here:

http://www.expressen.se/expressen/jsp/polopoly.jsp?d=442&a=21947<span id='postcolor'>

That must be what I mentioned on the previous page. UK reporters?

"That must be what I mentioned on the previous page. UK reporters?"

Yes, its the same. Sorry, missed your post on it.

They were moving away from a unit of Iraqi soldiers that had, supposedly, surrendered when they came under fire from coalition forces.

Reuters now reporting that an(other) Australian TV reporter was shot and killed by Ansar Al Islam terrorists in northern Iraq after filming their base.

Difficult to tell who is younger, the soldier or the kids getting the chocholate confused.gif

These are not my husband's army boots:

1048265810.4160766042.jpg

What are they wearing nowdays? They look more practical than those hard leather black ones of yesteryear.

Probably because the guys that issue the desert stuff havent got their shit together. I think that was the case for some of the brits in Afghanistan.

About the downed British jet....So if the jet was shot down by USA forces,forces wouldnt you then think that there could be some operational Iraqi jets also?? I mean that the missile crew was assuming it was Iraqi plane...

AP reports captured allied soldiers to be shown on iraqi tv shortly - Sky News

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (turms @ Mar. 23 2003,12:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">About the downed British jet....So if the jet was shot down by USA forces,forces wouldnt you then think that there could be some operational Iraqi jets also?? I mean that the missile crew was assuming it was Iraqi plane...<span id='postcolor'>

There are plenty of anti aircraft missiles in the neighborhood, I am sure.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 23 2003,10:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">These are not my husband's army boots:

1048265810.4160766042.jpg

What are they wearing nowdays? They look more practical than those hard leather black ones of yesteryear.<span id='postcolor'>

They might look practical, but they also might fall apart in desert conditions!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (R. Gerschwarzenge @ Mar. 23 2003,12:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Maybe they are desert boots. The colour would indicate something like that. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yes but I'm looking at the guy's heel and they seem to be deep treaded.

B52 warming up on the runway at RAF fairford....

Ive heard the reports about the Iraqis soon showing Pows too.... sad.gif

And an RAF plane shot down by a fucking patriot

sad.gif

And that second RAF double chopper crash

sad.gif

who stepped on mines ? i havent seen or heard that reported

*Explosions are right now being reported live at Qatar near the Doha camp

sad.gif