Sign in to follow this  
Warin

The Dogs of War

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Badgerboy @ Mar. 23 2003,03:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A US soldier has been detained in the Kuwait nade attack.<span id='postcolor'>

Detained? As in, 'under investigation'?

If so, it could just be some prat fucking around with his frags, and letting one slip.

The other possibilty is rather worrying.<span id='postcolor'>

If it was just one tent attacked I'd say it could've been an accident, but two different tents were attacked which indicates that he done it on purpose sad.gif

Considering that 16 people were injured i doubt it was an accident, maybe the soldier was Nuts or just Sh*t scared. confused.gif

Edit: a second soldier is apparantly being held.

grenades rolled into 3 tents containing army superiors, 2 nades exploded.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cpl_BOB @ Mar. 23 2003,03:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Considering that 16 people were injured i doubt it was an accident, maybe the soldier was Nuts or just Sh*t scared. confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Some very similar incidents have occured in Chechnya. It happens when people get shipped out to fight a war they stongly disapprove of.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cpl_BOB @ Mar. 23 2003,03:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Considering that 16 people were injured i doubt it was an accident, maybe the soldier was Nuts or just Sh*t scared. confused.gif

Edit: a second soldier is apparantly being held.

grenades rolled into 3 tents containing army superiors, 2 nades exploded.<span id='postcolor'>

Isnt the term 'fragging' someone?

I wonder if we'll ever know what actually happened out there....

I've heard it was a U.S. soldier as well. A sargeant in the engineers. He took four grenades, rolled them into the brigade command tent and managed to injur himself in the process as well. He can't be all that bright, they found him wounded and cowering in a bunker. Also, I hear he shot the first two guys to run out of the tent he attacked. Asshole, I hope they hang his ass in the center of the base as an example to anyone else thinking of "fragging" their fellow soldiers. Penalties for crimes committed like this are WAY more severe in war-time than during peace-time, and rightfully so. You put your life in the hands of those around you.

101st Airborne is conducting either an air mobile or para insertion behind Republican Guard poistions in Karbala. Elements of the 3rd I.D. are about to try and take Karbala in a frontal assault while the 101st provides support from the rear. This is the 1st coalition engagement with the Republican Guard. There is reportedly a VERY large tank battle occuring nearby at the moment. Casualties may go up soon, let's hope not.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Schoeler @ Mar. 23 2003,04:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There is reportedly a VERY large tank battle occuring nearby at the moment.  <span id='postcolor'>

You wouldn't fuckin' know it from watching CNN lol

Iraqi's claim that 16 Alled tanks have been destoyed in that said battle. confused.gif me not think so. tounge.gif

Looks like those 3 ITN reporters are dead too, They have been missing for too long. i bet they were kidnapped. wow.gif

Yeah, CNN sucks ass big time! I got that from a break in during the final four games on NBC. We'll probably get more info when the 101st makes contact. Let's hope the RG units fold up after a few shots like the regular units seem to be doing.

i only watch ITVnews or SKY news, both have different reports on the same story's. crazy.gif

Since the Republican Guard have T72's it'll be no cakewalk. But the US will have massive numerical superiority, as well as considerable air support. I imagine there may not be much left by the time the tanks actually start shooting. I wish I could see the action. I'm a sucker for tank battles.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Schoeler @ Mar. 23 2003,16:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Casualties may go up soon, let's hope not.<span id='postcolor'>

one side will have them, and both sides soldiers are just as inncoent as the other.

I meant that for both sides.

Also, I heard that A-10's are being used now, lets hope the RG sees them and realizes its futile to fight.

OK, CBS just broke in to say the 101st is definetly conducting an air mobile assault north of Karbala to open up a secondary offensive line against RG units there. Expect heavy fighting.

Actually, now, upon further consideration I don't really give a shit about the Republican Guard units. Those guys are handpicked volunteers loyal to Saddam, and carry out all his dirty work, so fuck em' let them burn if they aren't smart enough to surrender. As for the regular Iraqi units, I hope they don't have to suffer too much, and get the word that its better to give up than to fight.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Schoeler @ Mar. 23 2003,04:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Actually, now, upon further consideration I don't really give a shit about the Republican Guard units.  Those guys are handpicked volunteers loyal to Saddam, and carry out all his dirty work, so fuck em' let them burn if they aren't smart enough to surrender.  As for the regular Iraqi units, I hope they don't have to suffer too much, and get the word that its better to give up than to fight.<span id='postcolor'>

Yep, Its kinda like the difference between the SS and the Whermact. The Whermact soldiers we fighting for their country's honor. The SS guys were fighting for the party and were hitler's henchmen.

I don't think the RG stands too much of a chance. They are gonna get smoked big time.

My sentiments exactly, if we don't end up killing them in the fighting now, then most of them will probably be tried and executed for crimes against humanity later.

If those are the bastards that killed those Kurds in '93, they need to get worse than simply excecuted.

AHH I hate fuckin' cable news!!!! No less than 4 different friggin channels, and what do I get?

1)CNN- That clueless little bitch Aaron Brown sits at a desk tenting his fingertips and pontificating about some inane shit or whatever while CNN occasionnally switches to their very pretty and very stupid war room, which is essentially a map table with a model E/A6-B Prowler sitting on it. And of course I already told you about the quality of their reporters in the field...

2)MSNBC- No wonder this turkey is the lowest-rated cable network. Running stories ranging in depth and quality from missiles getting shot down over Kuwait to missiles getting shot down over Kuwait, I am at a loss to get anything worthwhile from their cable channel. I would say that tapping into their other feeds redeems them somewhat, but they've shut down all the ones I can find at the moment.

3)Fox News- Aside from the monotonous stories about SHOCK & AWEâ„¢, there is one hour every night when this channel becomes a complete wasteland. That's right... Frontline with Geraldo Rivera. Excepting that now he ain't on the Frontline's, and you can almost hear him whimpering while off camera that he missed another Gulf War. But, ever the resourceful attention whore, he has taken to corralling a battalion or so of 82nd AB troops into a hangar every night and exhorting them for whatever minor actions they had been involved in the day before. Now, it's important that you understand that he never says anything substantial; he merely says stupid shit that invariably draws a loud 'Hooah!' from the troops in the hangar. I'm watching a news channel, and yet somehow I'm watching the worst USO show ever. Like I said before, Fox is generally lame, and turns into a wasteland for an hour every night.

4)CNN Headline News- I don't think I really need to say anything about a channel that runs the same 30 minute canned rundown forty times a day.

PS- Basrah has fallen... can I get an 'oo-rah!'

edit: hukt on fonix reely werked 4 mee

I've gota feeling they are going to fight hard, they know their regime is finished and they will be considered criminals. Even if the world doesn't prosecute them, their fellow citizens will once Iraq is free.

Good deal about Basrah. I'll give you a Navy Hoo-yah, none of that jarhead shit for us squids. tounge.gif

I hear they are going to stay out of the residential areas in case any Iraqis are holed up in there. They don't want to generate any unnecessary collateral damage for a town of little strategic value.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Schoeler @ Mar. 23 2003,04:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Penalties for crimes committed like this are WAY more severe in war-time than during peace-time, and rightfully so.  You put your life in the hands of those around you.<span id='postcolor'>

I wouldn't be surprised if the troopers who found him didn't rough him up a little before handing him over to the powers that be. And yeah, if he is convicted, he will most likely be executed. May God have mercy on his soul, 'cuz the Army won't.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ Mar. 23 2003,01:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Some Iraqi Army special forces saw a chance to stage a little attack and they did?  Or even regular army guys?<span id='postcolor'>

LOL! tounge.giftounge.giftounge.gif Best post all day Warin, very good. Iraqi special forces are the kind of special that involves riding the short bus to school.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I wouldn't be surprised if the troopers who found him didn't rough him up a little before handing him over to the powers that be. And yeah, if he is convicted, he will most likely be executed. May God have mercy on his soul, 'cuz the Army won't.<span id='postcolor'>

I just saw tape of him being handcuffed face down in the sand and being led away by to angry looking troopers. Heavy-set guy in his late 30's looks like.

dangit, i watch one movie and I miss out on something.

i come out here and see some guy being arrested. what happened?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Mar. 23 2003,05:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">dangit, i watch one movie and I miss out on something.

i come out here and see some guy being arrested.  what happened?<span id='postcolor'>

Quick rundown: At the 101st ABD's camp in Kuwait, someone rolled a couple grenades into a tent and injured over ten soldiers, including brigade/battalion command staff. After the initial confusion, the only loose end that turned up was one missing trooper, who was tasked to guard duty near the tent. After a short search, they found the guy hiding in a bunker in the camp. Well, naturally they want to inquire as to what the hell happened, so they flex-cuffed the bastard and are probably grilling him as we speak.