Sign in to follow this  
Warin

The Dogs of War

They're showing graphic images to make it look like the US is killing civilians on purpose. They're not showing the other half of the story.

wow.gif8--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Mar. 22 2003,22wow.gif8)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They're showing graphic images to make it look like the US is killing civilians on purpose.  They're not showing the other half of the story.<span id='postcolor'>

I assume you understand Arabic?  confused.gif

On the contrary, from what I see, they're the only ones showing ALL sides of the story.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Mar. 22 2003,22:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I assume you understand Arabic?  <!--emo&confused.gif

On the contrary, from what I see, they're the only ones showing ALL sides of the story.<span id='postcolor'>

Notwithstanding my non-existent understanding of Arabic, that that certainly seems to be the case Tovarish. They just showed some interviews with Marines in Umm Qasr

It depends how the footage is used and in what context it is put, unfortunatly Al-Jazzera is not working visually for me either (just audio)

But if you want to know why many arabs are so very outraged at Israel and perhaps now America it is partly due to repeated exposure to

just such graphic footage of slaughter (wounded/dead etc) as a result of military actions.

It understandably will tend to get more extreme reactions than

the more delicate reporting of much of the western media.

Theres no doubt that such footage can be used irresponsibly ,but Al-Jazzera have struck me so far as being -fairly- unbiased (ie not much more/less biased than a lot of other major media) though being the major arab broadcaster they certainly they have a different outlook.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Mar. 23 2003,03:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/871636/posts

this is a great page- this guy has posted some code allowing you to view a bunch of different feeds (BBC & MSNBC) in an html window at once. Plus a bunch of different links to feeds<span id='postcolor'>

Good find. Thanks for the link

Sky News quoting Pentagon officials that the report earlier today of 4 US Marines killed is incorrect. They are wounded.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Mar. 23 2003,03:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Mar. 22 2003,22wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They're showing graphic images to make it look like the US is killing civilians on purpose.  They're not showing the other half of the story.<span id='postcolor'>

I assume you understand Arabic?  <!--emo&confused.gif

On the contrary, from what I see, they're the only ones showing ALL sides of the story.<span id='postcolor'>

youre right, i dont understand arabic. but from what ive seen it looks like they're only focusing on the downsides of this war.

anyway i dont want to get into politics. i could be wrong, i'm just goign by what i see

As opposed to the upside? Right now I just finished looking at an Iraqi girl's head that looked like it had been burst like a melon. Although to be fair, this is the second time in 10 minutes A-J has played the clip.

Has anyone seen/heard anymore about the purported shoot down of a coalition jet over Baghdad? Or a screencap if you can get it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 22 2003,20:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hellfish6 @ Mar. 22 2003,20:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Does anyone think it's strange to see lights still on in Baghdad?<span id='postcolor'>

No. So far, the utilities have not been targeted apparently.

I assume that most electric grids offer alternative paths for carrying electricity should a primary path go down.<span id='postcolor'>

I think we're being watched! wow.gif

And are there any more views of Baghdad aside from the night vision one this site has?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Othin @ Mar. 22 2003,22:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Has anyone seen/heard anymore about the purported shoot down of a coalition jet over Baghdad?  Or a screencap if you can get it.<span id='postcolor'>

I have heard exactly jack about it. In fact, there is a Pentagon briefing going on right now, and not a single reporter has mentioned it yet, nor have the spokespeople.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Mar. 22 2003,22:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And are there any more views of Baghdad aside from the night vision one this site has?<span id='postcolor'>

The feeds most news service are getting are being jacked off of Arabic news services, excepting perhaps the BBC. Also, apparently there have been alot of power 'outages' (lol) in Baghdad tonight, and a large portion of the city is dark atm.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Mar. 22 2003,22:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As opposed to the upside? Right now I just finished looking at an Iraqi girl's head that looked like it had been burst like a melon. Although to be fair, this is the second time in 10 minutes A-J has played the clip.<span id='postcolor'>

To be fair, how many times did you see that jet fly into the WTC on Sept 11? It's sensionalism, and all major media is guilty of it, but it is not a good indication for bias

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 22 2003,22:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think we're being watched! wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

The Reuters feed on that site is topnotch

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Mar. 22 2003,22:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Mar. 22 2003,22:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As opposed to the upside? Right now I just finished looking at an Iraqi girl's head that looked like it had been burst like a melon. Although to be fair, this is the second time in 10 minutes A-J has played the clip.<span id='postcolor'>

To be fair, how many times did you see that jet fly into the WTC on Sept 11? It's sensionalism, and all major media is guilty of it, but it is not a good indication for bias<span id='postcolor'>

Just trying to give a balanced report.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Mar. 22 2003,23:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Reuters feed on that site is topnotch<span id='postcolor'>

Where do you see the feed link at Reuters?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Mar. 22 2003,13:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Othin @ Mar. 22 2003,22:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Has anyone seen/heard anymore about the purported shoot down of a coalition jet over Baghdad?  Or a screencap if you can get it.<span id='postcolor'>

I have heard exactly jack about it. In fact, there is a Pentagon briefing going on right now, and not a single reporter has mentioned it yet, nor have the spokespeople.<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, I know sad.gif

I did like it how that first reporter grilled them on the 51st surrendering en masse story. Wait to keep them clean.

In related news Victoria Clarke is dressed up as Two Face!

is that a clown standing next to the guy at the pentagon thingy ? , i mean , look at her clothes .....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 22 2003,22:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Mar. 22 2003,23:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Reuters feed on that site is topnotch<span id='postcolor'>

Where do you see the feed link at Reuters?<span id='postcolor'>

see the graphic on the right of the screen that says Reuters Raw Conflict Iraq? Click on that.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Mar. 23 2003,03:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">is that a clown standing next to the guy at the pentagon thingy ? , i mean , look at her clothes .....<span id='postcolor'>

hahaha, i was thinking the exact same thing

if anyones interested, PM me and I'll send you HTML source code for all those MSNBC feeds, plus the Al Jazeera feed at the bottom, just so you dont have to have another player going at the same time.

Rats!  The David Bloom feed was showing him driving around at night, but it didn't have audio and now it's gone. sad.gif

edit -ooh ooh ooh! it's back!