Sign in to follow this  
MAA

Csla 2 news

Does the RHS members get to beta test your stuff?

So far we had a chance too look at some stuff that is of intrest for further addons from us but noone seen the full pack yet wink_o.gif

Yeah bittorrent mirror would be nice. Looking forward to this mod smile_o.gif

yeah its a wee bit of look but not touch for us right now but weve got the t55's, and extras wink_o.gif

Does the RHS members get to beta test your stuff?

So far we had a chance too look at some stuff that is of intrest for further addons from us but noone seen the full pack yet  wink_o.gif

wink_o.gif Only MAA himself has whole pack biggrin_o.gif He is our father, our god, hub of the wheel of life ghostface.gif

We are awaiting the MOD as well as other people do wink_o.gif

Well, I offered to barter trenchfeet with Maa for one million dollars for rolling wheels + opening door script just waiting for him to come online.

Jennik: why would this require remodelling the whle plane??? crazy_o.gif

Well, I offered to barter trenchfeet with Maa for one million dollars for rolling wheels + opening door script just waiting for him to come online.

Jennik: why would this require remodelling the whle plane??? crazy_o.gif

Rolling wheels. As in the plane has rolling wheels?

Haleluja, praise the lord!

<span id='ME'><center>Ozanzac starts breakin it down blues brothers style! </center></span>

In fact,

I already prepared the model for animated door... But when I finished the model to final look, some changes was maded on it.

Don´t cry, I have already contacted Trenchfeet about his help with animations, hope it will be done in final release of CSLA addon...

Question:

Do you prefer door animation with command in action manu (like major part of all addons) or automatic door opening by script, which allows animation for AI? I mean Airwolf´s Mi-2... I like that solution so much!

(by GetIn/GetOut eventhandler, I wonder)

Question:

Do you prefer door animation with command in action manu (like major part of all addons) or automatic door opening by script, which allows animation for AI? I mean Airwolf´s Mi-2... I like that solution so much!

(by GetIn/GetOut eventhandler, I wonder)

I prefer automatic door opening. It doesn't clog up the action menu like it does with some other addons.

In the heat of the battle, I don't want to have to look where I'm scrolling to eject. With some addons, combersome effects like opening doors comes before the priorty of bailing out. Which I think is wrong and way too messy.

Another finished models:

3 versions of PT-76 (CSLA PT-76, CSLA PT-76 para, RUS PT-76 naval)

csla2_pt76_17w.jpg

2 versions of OT-62 (CSLA OT-62, CSLA OT-62 command)

csla2_ot62_19w.jpg

more pics at our page...

Do you guys intend to make the 2s7 SP artillery gun? smile_o.gif I was looking for some refference for a scale model i am making when i came across this vehicle, apparently the largest in russian service ATM.

Some pictures:

2s7-1.jpg

2s7-2.jpg

The last pic showing it in czech service i believe smile_o.gif

2s7 is planned for updates in future...

Bobby how bigs the Pt-76 because it looks a tad on the big size any chance of a photocomparing it to a soldier or another tank.

ps the bmp's are Great fun wink_o.gif

Why CSLA couldn't paradrop PT-76?

More arty and rocket (MLRS) units are planned.... smile_o.gif in updates....

I didn't know that the PT-76 was designed for airdrops. I'm sure it's theoretically possible, but did they ever do it? I imagine it would take a lot of parachutes to land that sucker. Or did they use them in airlanding operations, where they flew the PT-76s into captured airfields?

If you used something like 4 major... MAJOR sized canopies, it may come down with minimal damage. More likely, it's easily load-slung underneath a lifting chopper or fits inside an Antonov or similar aircraft as HellFish mentioned.

AK

bmdairdropsequence.jpg

Russian way but i think Czech do it the same way...

The device in the middle starts 4 lil rocket brakes a few meters over the ground to make the chute slow, got a video of that in action but no video card to bring it on my PC.

And yes its a BMD not a PT76 but if they drop it too then the same way

The US way is pretty different, they use a drop skid for heavy pallets and armored vehicles, where a C-130 comes in low and slow and basically pushes the cargo out the back at 10 feet and lets it drag to a halt. HMMWVs and other light vehicles get dropped like the BMD, though. Then again, I was never a paratrooper, so someone else who was will know more.

I always just thought that PT-76s were huge. I have a pic somewhere of some Naval infantry with T-55s and PT-76s. The pic either had some kind of wierd depth perception thing going on, or those PT-76s were much larger than the T-55s.

Well the PT76 was never made to be an APC, its a Tank so naturally it's big. The PT stands for Swimming Tank in russian.

PT-76 is slightly above 7 metrers long....(7.2X m), so this machine is big, but not substantionally bigger than T-55. Size of PT-76 is such mainly due to fact that it is amphibious vehicle and big volume together with relatively low weight is needed for its buoyancy.

Yes, Warsaw pact armies used paradrop of light armored vehicles by one big or series of parachutes. Landing with use of landing rockets was quite spectacular show smile_o.gif.

hmm sounds nice anychance of being able to paradrop it out of that big atonov plane or what ever its called tounge_o.gif