Sign in to follow this  
MAA

Csla 2 news

As the markings on the choppers tells us the hinds were Czech, not Russian smile_o.gif

I think it would be big headache, if some Hinds would have flown near the Dover before 1989.

I have pic from cockpit of the Hind over Thames river. It is look on this famous London bridge...:) who could imagine this 15 years ago?

According to pilots of the Hinds it was quite demanding longe range flight from Czech republic to England...

Note external fuel tanks on the chopper on the third pic. Additional internal fuel taks had been used as well.

I know it´s not your business, but do you think there will be a chance of a "german version" of the L-410 in the future?

4452.jpg

l410u.jpg

It´s an ex-NVA plane.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

The only time you need a heli to be cammo'd is when it is on the ground, when airborne it wouldn't really matter what colour it is. Lets face it you are going to hear it comming or see it fly over you or at you for that matter.

The only time you need a heli to be cammo'd is when it is on the ground, when airborne it wouldn't really matter what colour it is. Lets face it you are going to hear it comming or see it fly over you or at you for that matter.

You don't use camo to cover from ground enemies. You use it to cover from air enemies (choppers and planes).

then whats with the Russian blue/light blue camo on their SU-27's for example?

I'd think that would stand out like a sore thumb on the ground from the air...as would a lot of other camo schemes I've seen.

First off, from the ground without a line of sight, the noise from rotors tends to confuse, rather than help you spot them.

Second, in combat choppers operate at NOE <Nap Of the Earth> altitudes, believe me, camo works when you fly BELOW the tree tops smile_o.gif

Concerning Mi-24 Hind here are words of Czech army Mi-24 pilot:

"Due to its high weight (10 - 11 tons) Mi-24 is not very suitable to for NOE flights. In order to  fly in minimal height and use terrain for cover it is needed to fly on minimum speed. In case of speed lower than 130km/h Hind is becoming unstable (second unstable flight regime). Flight is difficult and all speed and height changes must be corrected by engine thrust....also pilot look out of the cocpit in case of low flight is not good, pilot cas see only forward and in version V look is limited by big sight...."

So this is not prefered option for Hind pilots, but higher altitude flight on maximum speed (which is great)...

Sorry for poor translation.

"Due to its high weight (10 - 11 tons) Mi-24 is not very suitable to for NOE flights. In order to  fly in minimal height and use terrain for cover it is needed to fly on minimum speed. In case of speed lower than 130km/h Hind is becoming unstable (second unstable flight regime). Flight is difficult and all speed and height changes must be corrected by engine thrust....also pilot look out of the cocpit in case of low flight is not good, pilot cas see only forward and in version V look is limited by big sight...."

So this is not prefered option for Hind pilots, but higher altitude flight on maximum speed (which is great)...

Hows the mod comming btw guys? smile_o.gif

yeah how is it coming guys i do look forward for the release of your great mod specially the L-410 turbolet

Addons are done.

Our campaign leader is on vacation till 22.1. so we are waiting...

Addons are done.

I'm sure it will be well worth the wait! biggrin_o.gif

then whats with the Russian blue/light blue camo on their SU-27's for example?

I'd think that would stand out like a sore thumb on the ground from the air...as would a lot of other camo schemes I've seen.

"Due to its high weight (10 - 11 tons) Mi-24 is not very suitable to for NOE flights. In order to fly in minimal height and use terrain for cover it is needed to fly on minimum speed. In case of speed lower than 130km/h Hind is becoming unstable (second unstable flight regime). Flight is difficult and all speed and height changes must be corrected by engine thrust....also pilot look out of the cocpit in case of low flight is not good, pilot cas see only forward and in version V look is limited by big sight...."

Choppers like Mi-24 use camo to protect from enemies that fly higher. That does not mean Mi-24 cuts the grass. Check the A-10, it uses heavy green camo, and you may see on many pictures that it is really usefull :]

Su-27 and other plane like that use camo that helps them to stay alive high in the air, protecting from enemies at ca. same level or much below, since when you are high above the ground, dogfighting - what you see mostly around is a blue sky.

Addons are done.

Be quick now! I need to get this mod before I lose my Internet connection, which takes place in the beginning of February ... well, not really. I'm sure that the final product will be awesome, and whether the University likes it or not, their bandwidth will definitely be used for getting this mod :P

well i'm entering the hospital the 21st and i won't be back before the middle of febuary so i guess i'll just have to wait untill then sad_o.gif

well to you all i hope you will enjoy these great addons because during this time i won't be able to surf the net nor use my comp sad_o.gif

no it's not but they have to take it out before it grows bigger

That doesnt sound to cool man. Good luck !

Ugh frk, wish all the best for ya man.

Yeah the Hind wasn't very good at NOE, <rigid rotor systems suck> but it still doesn't fly very high

<take a top speed under 300 MPH, pair it against SAMS with a speed of Mach 2, would you want to get any further into their engagement envelope then you had to?> smile_o.gif

I hope you will not be disappointed by MOD and campaign ....

I tried out the older CSLA version just for a laugh and it's almost funny how far a lot of mods have come.

It was well done at the time but the standards for OFP addons sure have changed and in a very short while.

This upcoming release looks to be just great though...can't wait. smile_o.gif