Sign in to follow this  
peanuckle_00

Metal gear solid addons

I know you all think this thread is about me making a metal gear solid mod but look at how excited you were when you thought that. Im at work and it hit me, I think it'd be good to have a metal gear solid mod. It could have a Solid Snake with a forced face, Raiden, all the other characters too. It could also have some FOXHOUND agents which are just Solid Snake without the set face.

Why dont you play MGS2 then?

And, MGS 1 and 2 is a CQB, stealth sorta game, not good in OFP...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (peanuckle_00 @ Mar. 18 2003,01:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I know you all think this thread is about me making a metal gear solid mod but look at how excited you were when you thought that.  Im at work and it hit me, I think it'd be good to have a metal gear solid mod.  It could have a Solid Snake with a forced face, Raiden, all the other characters too.  It could also have some FOXHOUND agents which are just Solid Snake without the set face.<span id='postcolor'>

LOL!!! wow.gif

Why don't we ask the nice addonmakers if they could maybe release a Super Mario Bros mod? Or maybe they could make a FIFA 2002 mod?

Tsk...Unbelievable... confused.gif

GO AND BUY MGS2!!

It is a good idea, MGS3! Have it an outdoor type mod.

Hey, they are bringing Mech Warrior into OFP, Halo, MiB, why not MGS? Yeesh give the man a break.

I personally, think it is a great idea.

Okay metal gear solid universe involves terrorists, espionage, russians, lots of cool stuff that will let you kill folks. It's not jumping and hitting concrete blocks for mushrooms and flowers, its not kicking soccer balls, its not driving in a ferrari and singing songs.

*cough* i'm working on a really nice AKS-74u like the ones the spetz naz use... Someone make the spetz naz themselves:

MGS2-1.jpg

MGS2-S2.jpg

mgs2_06.jpg

for the nvg's they use: use animations to flip them down...

when i learn i can biggrin.gif

hey druebb...when you finish the kasakta can you make a good russian black ops pilot? confused.gif

Zanzibars was a strip club outside of my hotel in Toronto D:

Zanzibar war would be cool. An entire island ruled by Big Boss. No new island or anything. What was Zanzibar's climate? I can do the music for the mod. I know what you're thinking how lazy, but I'm not going to use just music from mgs2. I'm going to use composed music and real good stuff too. A mix of several 10-30 second tracks that fade out indicating important parts in the mission. I'm currently lending my voice acting skills to a campaign and I'm working up the story to a multiplayer campaign I'm working on myself. By the way if a Metal Gear Solid mod was to come out I'd gladly lend my voice to that.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MLF @ Mar. 19 2003,13:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Zanzibars was a strip club outside of my hotel in Toronto D:<span id='postcolor'>

Was just about to say that, last time I went to a hockey game we passed by Zanzibar. smile.gif

Does this get you thinking? Oh man. A famas, a Socom, that suit, solid snake's face, thats all i ask for and I'd be very happy. Man, you don't even have to make the guns. Just make the solid snake and ill find the rest of his kit from other addon teams. Make Meryl Silverbaugh too and I'd be incredibly excited. I'd get to make my own Solid Snake adventures on these huge islands and people could play them. Solid Snake is all about honor, he has drama in his life, he takes risks in his life most people only dream about. What bettter character to play with in the ofp engine? There's something cool about being able to fill the shoes of a character like Solid Snake or anyone from FOXHOUND, or that series. Being able to experience that without having to shell out the bucks for a ps2 would be very nice. That and waking up everyday going to a job that pays me enough money to do the things I like but thats another tale... Besides, I'm pretty sure making solid snake for this game won't hurt any feelings or cause any legal results. This could open up the way for a complete reimagining of FOXHOUND's role for Solid Snake. Perhaps he could be a Combat Advisor that helps assist military units in destroying Gears worldwide now that the world knows about them. Edit: By the way I saved this drawing as my desktop to remind me that someone might make it. Lol.artwork17.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shashman @ Mar. 18 2003,03:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Tsk...Unbelievable... confused.gif

GO AND BUY MGS2!!<span id='postcolor'>

Nah, save your moeny.

I was a huge MGS fan. I owned MGS (it was stolen, though...) and MGS2 (traded it in for Suikoden 3. No regrets.) and while the first one was pretty good, and great for its time, the second one was all flash and gimmicks.

Once you've beaten it, it pretty much just comes down to seeing how many guards you can kill and dogtags you can collect setting off as few alarms as possible.

I too would like to see som MGS OpFlash modifications. Stealth would be important, but there would need to be a way that you could fight it out, some kind of Body Armor script, or something.

I dunno if you'd be able to work the more amusing forms of distraction; ie. throwing ammo cartriges to distract enemies with the sound, and knocking on walls and such, but maybe someone who knows more scripting could figure it out.

I'd love to see the weapons, vehicles, and to some extent the characters engaging in some unconventional missions.

While I also think it'd be neat to do in an outdoor environment, I'd also like to see maybe some customs maps made. Maybe a map wih a more urban city, iinstead of the sparse towns on all the maps I see... or maybe even some kind of complex? Like an island with an offshore Big Shell type dealy, iof possible.

The possibilities are skyhigh, and I'd love to see this done. I can't really help much for the modelling, and coding and such, but if this gets done, I'll definately be one of the ones plugging away at missions for it.

A great idea! Hope to hear more about it!!! smile.gif

Yeah, it looks too short to be an M16.

But then, I can nevefr tell the difference between the M4A1, the CAR-15 and the XMS. confused.gif

All look the same to me... confused.gif

Grey Fox the cyborg ninja could have a special hack and slash animation for his sword. That'd be dope! artwork6.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PFC Mongoose @ Mar. 24 2003,18:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yeah, it looks too short to be an M16.

But then, I can nevefr tell the difference between the M4A1, the CAR-15 and the XMS.   confused.gif

All look the same to me...   confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

if you play the game you know its an m4a1

It would be cool to have a "Covert-op" mod or something. Not necesarrily MGS based. But a nice mk23SOCOM pistol, some fictious american intelligence service. And you always operate alone (maybe some scripted events like in the first Black-op mission in the Original campaign) and some new covert op gear, the black-op ones look silly. What would be cool:

Beretta 92F with a silencer.

MK23SOCOM (silenced).

AW-Covert (A sniper rifle with built-in silencer).

Some more fictous but based on real world weapons.

A new binocular wich has like a range meter and other orientation aids.

Finaly my favourite SMG the FKMK3 wich in this version should be updated and have a different name.

Oh... got a little carried away.... and for all the people who are against the fictious part how about a C.I.A special operative mod or something like that.

So...

MGS 1:

STUN GRENADE

CHAFF GRENADE

MK23 SOCOM

MK23 SOCOM  W/ SUPRESSOR

FAMAS

PSG-1

STINGER MISSILE LAUNCHER

NIKITA MISSILE LAUNCHER

THERMAL GOGGLES

MGS 2:

STUN GRENADE

CHAFF GRENADE

USP

USP W/ SUPRESSOR

M9 TRANQUILIZOR

AKS-74U

AKS-74U W/ SUPRESSOR

PSG-1

PSG-1 TRANQUILIZOR

M4A1

P90

AN-94

STINGER MISSILE LAUNCHER

THERMAL GOGGLES

SWORD

Did i forget something? I probably did...