Sign in to follow this  
xmurderx

Joining a military force outside of the u.s

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They still exist (I think there are two battalion-sized "Legions" that operate as part of the Spanish Marines) but they stopped taking foreigners around 1990, IIRC.

<span id='postcolor'>

The Spanish Army started taking foreigners again last year, but only if they are from a few countries that have signed treaties with Spain (almost all of them are latin american countries) and get the spanish nacionality.

I was recently doing some research on military units. And came to some interesting findings.

About a year ago I remember watching the Discovery channel, it was on the usual topic of the "Military" or topics relating to the military.

There was a program that was talking about modern day "Militias".

It described in detail several LEGAL military "Militias" located in the south. One of the best militias was I believe a Missouri 51st militia.

Apparently they are VERY well trained. Trained for all sorts of combat, sniper trained, trained in Escape & Evasion, reconaissance, survival, hand to hand combat, ... etc. Basically they are real trained soldiers. Many of the ranking officers and instuctors are ex US Army Rangers, US Marines, etc..

They are also trained in missing person search and rescue, natural disaster survival ... And you can elect for further training in a field, they encourage it.

Any person can swear in to join them, regardless of race, gender, etc.. providing you are willing to commit and are willing to die for your country if needed.

After doing some research on them, I'd say that a soldier of this militia is either as well trained, or even better trained than the average US Army soldier.

Again, they allowed the Discovery channel into their base for the prorgam and are apparently VERY legal(thanks to our constitution) and well trained for almost any scenario, and well equipped.

They absolutely DO NOT support ANYONE who breaks US laws, or is of questionable character. They state that very clearly as it is important for them to maintain their credibility.

I'm not saying you should join them. Just an option if you want to be a soldier but not work for the US government directly.

They are called the Missouri 51st militia(I believe).

Wow, apparently they even train their own "special operations capable" units. I suppose similar to USMC MEU.

Hmm... militias kind of scare me. They're unpredictable. I'm not saying they're good or bad, but it's just hard to tell what they are up to.

Just as a comment, there is a militia group in Texas called the Ranch Rangers that do border security duty. They respond to smugglers who attack locals, etc. Apparently, they're quite well thought of and have confiscated and turned over several hundred kilos of drugs to the authorities. I think they're also in the April issue of Soldier of Fortune magazine.

Well from all I've read, these Missouri 51st militia guys are very legitimate, and very law abiding.