Sign in to follow this  
cervomix

Afghan pack released!

Noooooooooooooo!!!!!

It's an .ace!! Oh why oh why cruel world??! crazy.gif

(and the link brings up an error  confused.gif  )  sad.gif

P.S.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">unplug HD wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I'm using a university PC...lol...doubt they'd appreciate me ripping open their machines...And I can't anyway they've got some sort of massive armoured casing...lol...we're such gangsters we're gonna pick em up and walk out with em   confused.gifbiggrin.gif

This pack has a lot of potential, but there seem to be quite a few glitches:

* When you place a group of Taleb soldiers, you get this error - No entry 'config.bin/CfgVehicles.talebLAW'.

* In the two Taleb choppers, the first person view has a pair of glasses superimposed over it

*Sorry, off topic*

How do you split files like WinZip can, using Power Archiver?

open PA, make new archive drag and drop your file. In the "multiple disk spanning" choose "1.4 Mb"

biggrin.gif

At this point, the Taliban have to be placed 1 by 1 and then they will work...no groups can be placed.

-I see no groupings for the Northern Alliance?

-The mortar view gets blocked by your hat so you cant see anything

Good potential in this pack but the trucks look ugly with retexes and the helis are awful looking IMO.

confused.gif

I think the Taliban should be on the East side, and the Northern Alliance should be Resistance.

I also think they should all have "Arab" looking faces.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (madmedic @ Mar. 14 2003,11:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think the Taliban should be on the East side, and the Northern Alliance should be Resistance.

I also think they should all have "Arab" looking faces.<span id='postcolor'>

Remember, the Taliban also fought the Soviets.

Well some of the Taliban appear to be on the east side...

I found a bmp and field gun so that kind of messes up if you want to fight soviets.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I also think they should all have "Arab" looking faces<span id='postcolor'>

Afghans are not arabs. Some of them are actually quite caucasian looking.

I agree it has potential, but i realy hope more random faces can be used in any update, all Taleb units have glasses and look the same???

The beards kind of loook like the ones you can buy in joke shops (alongside those big fat fake cigars and false teeth lol sorry no offence tounge.gif )

I dont think every resident in Afghanistan has a beard!

Perhaps give some units white/grey beards and some without, otherwise they look identical.....

I like the backpacks with rpg rockets, the marking on the T-55 are cool, but the helo and truck textures suck.

I think with a little more time with the textures, maybe subdue the ones for the vehicles definately, it would be a very good and much needed Afghan add on pack.

I think that there is missing addon in the pack. I don't have the AfghanEveron and the pakistan Mirage2000 that suppose to be in taliban.

Alright about the strange error showing up here is the fixer the addon maker have find the bug and update the cpp but you need to DL the cpp and de pbo the error pbo and updat the CPP with the new 1 and with the bike yes its hovering a little bit but just open the model in 02 and put the bike down a little bit save it pbo it and done.

here is the update with the autor's txt:

Taleblaw message FIX : I found the problem from the no entry/taleblaw message. Unpack the taleb.pbo file, overwrite the config.cpp , and repack it (it will take some times. Use unpbo and makepbo, avaible at this site: ). Sorry for this.this config.cpp filego here for the edit tools

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ZIKAN @ Mar. 15 2003,11:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I dont think every resident in Afghanistan has a beard!<span id='postcolor'>

Under strict muslim law all men must have a beard.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Mar. 15 2003,19:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ZIKAN @ Mar. 15 2003,11:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I dont think every resident in Afghanistan has a beard!<span id='postcolor'>

Under strict muslim law all men must have a beard.<span id='postcolor'>

This is true, but not a giant Santa-like beard. If I remember correctly it has to be at least the size of your fist. In Afghanistan (under Taliban rule), men without beards the sizes of their fist's would be imprisoned until a beard of that size grew. But since young adults (16-20) might not have enough time to grow a beard, they would have a smaller goatee or something like that.

And whoever said they are Caucasian looking as well, well the default BIS faces aren't. tounge.gif

Taliban!

We do not fear your weapons, we got anti-air, anti-tank and anti-personell weaponryyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!

I think I will wait until the author releases V1.1 of this pack until I implement it in missions.

A lot of potential, but a lot of glitches at the moment.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Necromancer- @ Mar. 15 2003,22:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Taliban!

We do not fear your weapons, we got anti-air, anti-tank and anti-personell weaponryyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!<span id='postcolor'>

But you don't have ansewering machines...

tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Johann "onn" Bitsoenn @ Mar. 16 2003,16:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But you don't have ansewering machines...<span id='postcolor'>

Haha. Just found that MP3 collecting dust on my disk.