Sign in to follow this  
tracy_t

Someone please make sa-6 or sa-11!

Hi,

I was looking up Russian AAA weaponry on:

http://www.aeronautics.ru/nws001/ruairdef001.htm

and I think each and every one of those weapons look amazing.

3 questions:

1. Apart from the SA-13 and Tunguska, are any of these weapons in development for OFP?

I already have the SA-13 addon (with yellow rocket tubes, natch) and it's good, but not perfect; it just looks too "clean": mind you I couldn't do any better.

2. I note DKM's Tunguska has a rather small radar compared to "real life" (http://www.aeronautics.ru/tunguskam19.jpg)

Polite request: could you update the addon's radar dish to be a bit bigger, lol - it looks like a buzzer at the moment. Apart from that the addon rocks. And it's bloody scary too! It makes the Shilka look like a shandy drinking fairy.

3. I understand Tunguska's are in active use in Chechnya. I'm making a chechnya mission using CoC at the moment using the UCE russian soldiers and ASF terrorists. I want to make the mission as authentic as possible. Does anyone have any links to web pages detailing modern russian street fighting tactics & the Tunguska's use?

Thanks for your help.

What I've read Russians use Shilkas and Tunguskas (Shilkas more often) in urban areas like Grozny. They are much more precise than artillery and bombs so they can be used to take out snipers and support infantry during assaults.

But back to your original question. Unfortunately you can't make moving turret with missiles that are visible. Missiles that come from tubes like in Tunguska can be made. So making for example Gainful is quite impossible, unless someone makes a script...

I think now that we've got SA-13 Gopher and the 2S6 Tunguska there's no need for other sams. Oh and by the way, the DKM 2S6 is about twice as big as sigma's T90

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (N.o.R.S.u @ Mar. 14 2003,13:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What I've read Russians use Shilkas and Tunguskas (Shilkas more often) in urban areas like Grozny. They are much more precise than artillery and bombs so they can be used to take out snipers and support infantry during assaults.

But back to your original question. Unfortunately you can't make moving turret with missiles that are visible. Missiles that come from tubes like in Tunguska can be made. So making for example Gainful is quite impossible, unless someone makes a script...<span id='postcolor'>

Actually, while that was true prior to all the new scripting fan-dangled-ness that was added in 1.85+, you can now simulate the proxy by changing its texture with a script which turns it invisible, so it works just like the proxies for say the hellfires/mavericks atm, it also means we can have multiple missile/bomb type weapons on vehicles, and even the AT-3 back on the BMP-1 turret!

Sounds good, I wonder could it be possible to add missile weapons to cars with scripting.

Well someone's working on a Hawk SAM and someone else is working on a Rapier (forgive me but I have forgotten their names  confused.gif ) and on both these systems the missiles are visible.Also I hope that when these much needed addons are released that  the associated radars and not just the launchers themselves are released too, as I have only seen pictures of the launchers.Would be a shame to work so hard and produce such a realistic looking launcher only to release it without the most important part of the system...

smile.gif

Woohoo! my 100th post! biggrin.gifwow.gifsmile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wonder @ Mar. 14 2003,14:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think now that we've got SA-13 Gopher and the 2S6 Tunguska there's no need for other sams. Oh and by the way, the DKM 2S6 is about twice as big as sigma's T90<span id='postcolor'>

There's an SA-13 for download? Man, I must've had my head in the sand...where can I get it?

its part of the maac and marfy MT-LB pack, cant think of their site atm sorry sad.gif

D'oh! *slaps forehead* Of course it is! I've already got that pack. I was getting mixed up with those Russians and the whacky alphanumeric designations we give their vehicles... wink.gif

Can someone make me a thing where the anti air gun is controlled by radar so I don't have to aim at the plane it'd make my life easier. Of cousrse you can't always hit it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shashman @ Mar. 14 2003,16:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well someone's working on a Hawk SAM and someone else is working on a Rapier (forgive me but I have forgotten their names  confused.gif ) and on both these systems the missiles are visible.Also I hope that when these much needed addons are released that  the associated radars and not just the launchers themselves are released too, as I have only seen pictures of the launchers.Would be a shame to work so hard and produce such a realistic looking launcher only to release it without the most important part of the system...

smile.gif

Woohoo! my 100th post!  biggrin.gif  wow.gif  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Hawk SAM : Colonel Klink

Rapier SAM: Colonel Klink/Falklands Mod

biggrin.gif