Sign in to follow this  
PitViper

What vehicles have you owned?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (brgnorway @ Mar. 14 2003,06:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm just wondering - have any of you from US owned european cars? (no flamebaiting)

wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

There are quite a few European cars here in the U.S.

I have never owned one though.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Mar. 14 2003,06:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (brgnorway @ Mar. 14 2003,06:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm just wondering - have any of you from US owned european cars? (no flamebaiting)

On our trip to Spain we rented a Renault Twingo:

twingo.jpg

Let's just say I... was not impressed  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, that's truly an awful car!

Thankfully, they don't produce it anymore!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (madmedic @ Mar. 14 2003,06:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (brgnorway @ Mar. 14 2003,06:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm just wondering - have any of you from US owned european cars? (no flamebaiting)

There are quite a few European cars here in the U.S.

I have never owned one though.<span id='postcolor'>

My advice to you is - don't buy a european car - you have nowhere to park - and you have run out of familymembers, hehe.

However, the second option is to enlarge your family - if that takes too long - just buy a new and bigger family tounge.gif

Problem with European cars in North America is they're always so over priced. Probably because of tarrifs, but look at the VW beetle for example. Its an only mediocer (spelling) quality car even by american standards and it sells for over $20,000 in canada. For that money you can have a Nissan Sentra Spec-V, 180hp 6-speed transmission. And its a high quality car, among the best in the world.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (brgnorway @ Mar. 14 2003,06:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm just wondering - have any of you from US owned european cars? (no flamebaiting)

Owned as in possessed, or owned as beat in a race?   smile.gif

Semper Fi

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cybrid @ Mar. 14 2003,06:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Problem with European cars in North America is they're always so over priced. Probably because of tarrifs, but look at the VW beetle for example. Its an only mediocer (spelling) quality car even by american standards and it sells for over $20,000 in canada. For that money you can have a Nissan Sentra Spec-V, 180hp 6-speed transmission. And its a high quality car, among the best in the world.<span id='postcolor'>

True - it's overhyped, overpriced and rather silly if you ask me.

A beetle with front-engine and frontwheel drive .

I tell you - the world has truly gone mad!

It's silly retro-styling only disguises an ordinary golf!

It's a hairdressers car in my view!

mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (E6Hotel @ Mar. 14 2003,06:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (brgnorway @ Mar. 14 2003,06:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm just wondering - have any of you from US owned european cars? (no flamebaiting)

Owned as in possessed, or owned as beat in a race?   smile.gif

Semper Fi<span id='postcolor'>

Hehe....you tell me biggrin.gif

You can now buy the New Mini Cooper in the US... its kinda funny with those big ass F-450 trucks out there and stuff.

wow.gif7--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cybrid @ Mar. 14 2003,06wow.gif7)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Tex [uSMC] Posted on Mar. 13 2003,23:45

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1991 Mercury Grand Marquis.  5.6 liter V8 <span id='postcolor'>

Sweet, they're so much better though after 1992 with the introduction of the 4.6. Thats one fine machine.

Myself - first and only car, 1986 Mercury Topaz.<span id='postcolor'>

I like it alot; there's something great about a big engine. But, you want to talk about about bad gas mileage? lol, I'm thinking of taking up bicycling again  tounge.gif

Uhh, thats not a big block tex. Sweet V8 nevertheless smile.gif

As for gas milliage, as far as I know that is or is based on Ford's 351ci small block V8. Pretty old technology and a dinosaur design by todays standards, and the fuel econamy is a joke. Thats why I love the 4.6 V8 they replaced it with the following year and are still using now. It was a brand new design at the time and went into a brand new aerodynamic crown victoria/grand marquis. Gets 36 mpg (imperial) highway and is actually more powerfull than the older bigger engine. Current ones are running at 240hp in the crown vic/grand marquis and makes almost 400hp in the mustang cobra.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cybrid @ Mar. 14 2003,06:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Problem with European cars in North America is they're always so over priced. Probably because of tarrifs, but look at the VW beetle for example. Its an only mediocer (spelling) quality car even by american standards and it sells for over $20,000 in canada. For that money you can have a Nissan Sentra Spec-V, 180hp 6-speed transmission. And its a high quality car, among the best in the world.<span id='postcolor'>

VW New Beatle has that quirk of being somewhat of a reborn culture icon. so the primium exists due to how ppl percieve them. mechanically not so surprising, but the image is compensating it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">VW New Beatle has that quirk of being somewhat of a reborn culture icon. so the primium exists due to how ppl percieve them. mechanically not so surprising, but the image is compensating it.<span id='postcolor'>

Ok, true. But in general VWs are nothing special and are all over priced. Even the good old golf could sell for less, its gotta be tarrifs that cause it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cybrid @ Mar. 14 2003,07:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Uhh, thats not a big block tex. Sweet V8 nevertheless smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

you are correct. And, as a matter of fact, I misspoke on another thing also: the 5.6 liter is only in the police model- mine is a 5.0 liter. I had done some research on this a while back, but obviously I didn't retain very well  tounge.gif

edit- It still kicks some serious ass when it wants to, it just requires alot of gasoline if you require alot of performance smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (blackdog~ @ Mar. 13 2003,23:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">thing2%20%206.JPG

I like these..<span id='postcolor'>

In the US, it's known as the "VW Thing".

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Mar. 14 2003,00:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (blackdog~ @ Mar. 13 2003,23:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">thing2%20%206.JPG

I like these..<span id='postcolor'>

In the US, it's known as the "VW Thing".<span id='postcolor'>

I know that smile.gif

In Germany I know they are either the Type-191 (or 91) and the Kubelwagen...

I dont know why I like that one though. Maybe its because its orange....

#1. 90 Ford Mustang 5.0 (wasn't in the greatest condition, but still had a set of steel balls attached. Got it from my uncle for $10. Lasted about a year until i wrecked it.)

#2. 98 Dodge Avenger (from my brother for $1,000)

#3. 94 Ford Ranger XL Pickup Truck. (Currently driving this. He's my best friend smile.gif )

I can't drive yet but this is what my dad owned

(since i was born or in age to recognize cars  tounge.gif )

a Mercedes Benz , old crap they dont produce it anymore

a Chevrolet Camaro

a Subaru impreza

and now he owns a Mercedes , E-Class

Eclass.jpg

(note: he didnt own all of them at the same time, he always traded his old cars, the hardest to trade was the chevrolet camaro, no one wants an 8.0 in europe tounge.gif )

Still on my first car, Mazda 929

mazda_929.jpg

No, mine isn't a cop car, but this was the closest I could find to my model.

The old pile of junk is well past retirement age  tounge.gif

Peugot 406 and a paradox mountain bike from halfords

thats's all i've ever owned

My cars on the timeline:

Opel_Corsa_007.jpg

Reliant fast buggy. My first car. I loved it biggrin.gif

Lot´s of sexual explorations in it had to be done with windows down and shoeprints on the inner roof got me into trouble more than once. BTW it is still alive. I sold it to a friend and it is still running wild with its 1.2 litres engine with 45 HP. Max Speed 160 km/h. Weight 840 kilos.

My next one:

The Mercedes 123 with 280 engine.

Mercedes-Benz_W123_medium.jpg

Mine exactly looked like the middle one on the pic. It was yellow and the interior was black leather. I bought it from old people and it was in excelletn condition. Agreat car. Unfortunally I crashed it into a tree on a rainy day but again if i wasn´t in that car I would have been probably killed. He gave his life for mine.

I decided towards agile driving once more and bought me a Mini !

mini.jpg

Very much fun while heating the roads with it. If the definition funcar ever was invented it was certainly the mini to take the price. Very fast, good acceleration and the handling is awesome. One minus point: You need to have child sized hands to work at the engine biggrin.gif

Still have it. My girlfriend has taken it over. She would never exchange it to another car.

This is my present car for daily use, the Alpha Spider Twin Spark:

alfaspider96_f.jpg

No comment needed. It is a sexy car.

I already showed you my leisure car but for the ones who missed it it´s a MB 280 SE from 1970:

mb280se.jpg

If anyone from germany knows a Delta HF intergrale in good condition give me a shout. I search for one of these rally cars.

2000 Ford F-150 pickup

I leased for 2 years before a Ford Expedition, but I needed more cargo space so I went for the pick up that I own now.

SierraC3.gif

-=Die Alive=-

A 1990 Silver Ford Fiesta MkIII 1.1 LX.....

getinmk3.jpg

And I still have it, although half the car has been rebuilt. Previous owner fucked the engine (so it got rebuilt), and people have a penchant for crashing into me. Still the body work is almost brand new thanks to that. Say what you want, but I love it, reliable, and I can push 110mph out of it on the motorway! (Needless to say, that's not too bad for a 1.1!wink.gif

After I've finished paying back my student debts, (Another 2 years), I'll think I'll save up and get myself a Lotus Elise. (Å23,000) Bargain!

Elise_type_25.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm just wondering - have any of you from US owned european cars? (no flamebaiting)

<span id='postcolor'>

1996 Volvo 850 Turbo

2001 Volvo S70 GLTSE

2003 Audi A4

i love 850, i still enjoy it more then others.