Sign in to follow this  
Mister Frag

*** new official sound blaster live! drivers

I'm not sure if this will help anyone, but if you are having problems with your Sound Blaster Live! card, check them out.

From http://www.warp2search.net/article....order=0

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Drivers: Sound Blaster Live! - LiveDrvUni-Pack For windows 2000/XP

=>Posted by: NewsFactory.

=>Thursday, March 13 @ 04:39:09 CET

This package upgrades the Sound Blaster Live! driver and enhances the overall product performance on Windows 2000 and Windows XP. The package also upgrades core applications including Audio HQ and Surround Mixer for optimal Sound Blaster Live! performance.

This update:-

Resolves compatibility issues with Sound Blaster Live! products on Windows 2000 and Windows XP

Requirements:

For Windows 2000 and Windows XP users ONLY. Creative SB Live! Series Audio card installed.

Note:

This package can be installed independently and does not require other applications in the LiveDrvUni-Pack to be downloaded.

Older Sound Blaster Live! Experience demo applications may not work properly when updated with the LiveDrvUni-Pack.

Download Sound Blaster Live! - LiveDrvUni-Pack 10/03/2003<span id='postcolor'>

YES it worked biggrin.gif

Just came back from testing, and they actually fixed the crackling noise i had in the vehicles biggrin.gif

No, and as far as I know, there won't be. Creative did update the Media Center application for Windows 98, but the most recent driver on their website is still from the year 2000.

They have those drivers listed on their website now, so enoy. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (amos m @ Mar. 14 2003,00:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They have those drivers listed on their website now, so enoy.   wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Where did you look? I went back to both the www.soundblaster.com and the European site that was mentioned in the news post, and neither site has a Windows 98 version of the driver that is more recent than the 02/05/2000 version. At least not for the Live! cards.

Something must have got messed up when I first installed them as my sound driver was listed as some "emu" thing, only noticed when I went to turn on EAX in Opf and hardware sound wasn't available, I uninstalled then installed again and it worked fine, can't say the crackling is 100% gone but from what I played last night it does perhaps seem better.

Thanks for the news, I can't wait to try this.

Seems like they released a whole load of drivers at the beginning of this month.

Placebo, try changing that registry entry, it decreased my crackling a lot.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Mar. 14 2003,09:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Something must have got messed up when I first installed them as my sound driver was listed as some "emu" thing, only noticed when I went to turn on EAX in Opf and hardware sound wasn't available, I uninstalled then installed again and it worked fine, can't say the crackling is 100% gone but from what I played last night it does perhaps seem better.<span id='postcolor'>

The SoundBlaster Live! cards are based on the EMU1K sound chip, that's why you saw that string -- it doesn't mean that it is emulating something. Nothing is wrong, do not panic! wink.gif

Yea, except sometimes when it lists it as an EMU101 or whatever there is no sound at all. smile.gif

ANyway, I tried these drivers with my Sb live 5.1 DE, and the crackling is pretty bad. I have just switched the Pin0002 back to 0 in the registry and will try again.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Mar. 14 2003,11:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yea, except sometimes when it lists it as an EMU101 or whatever there is no sound at all.  smile.gif

ANyway, I tried these drivers with my Sb live 5.1 DE, and the crackling is pretty bad.  I have just switched the Pin0002 back to 0 in the registry and will try again.<span id='postcolor'>

Did installing these drivers change the TURBO registry setting, or did you do that manually?

Installing the drivers set the TURBO setting back to 1. THen I changed it back to 0 manually, almost no crackling at all, very nice.

Just tried these new drivers. The no sound, then crash bug is still in this version. All I do to reproduce is hop in a chopper and get shot at by shilka.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Mar. 13 2003,06:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm not sure if this will help anyone, but if you are having problems with your Sound Blaster Live! card, check them out.

From http://www.warp2search.net/article....order=0

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Drivers: Sound Blaster Live! - LiveDrvUni-Pack For windows 2000/XP

=>Posted by: NewsFactory.

=>Thursday, March 13 @ 04:39wow.gif9 CET  

This package upgrades the Sound Blaster Live! driver and enhances the overall product performance on Windows 2000 and Windows XP. The package also upgrades core applications including Audio HQ and Surround Mixer for optimal Sound Blaster Live! performance.

This update:-

Resolves compatibility issues with Sound Blaster Live! products on Windows 2000 and Windows XP

Requirements:

For Windows 2000 and Windows XP users ONLY. Creative SB Live! Series Audio card installed.

Note:

This package can be installed independently and does not require other applications in the LiveDrvUni-Pack to be downloaded.

Older Sound Blaster Live! Experience demo applications may not work properly when updated with the LiveDrvUni-Pack.

Download Sound Blaster Live! - LiveDrvUni-Pack 10/03/2003<span id='postcolor'><span id='postcolor'>

Maybe these drivers has caused so much trouble for me.

When I'm playing first the sound goes away and then BAM the computer reboots...NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEM WITH MY GF3 and SBlive5.1 driver from my disk!

Strange indeed...

smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (BergHoff @ Mar. 15 2003,13:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Maybe these drivers has caused so much trouble for me.

When I'm playing first the sound goes away and then BAM the computer reboots...NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEM WITH MY GF3 and SBlive5.1 driver from my disk!

Strange indeed...

smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yep, that problem was introduced in the last version of SBLive drivers and is still here, though usuall the sequence goes:

1) Shilka fires at you

2) Sound stops

3) Blue screen in WinXP (or reboot if auto-restart)

I am about to try the 'turbo' registry thing to see if it effects stability, not just the 'Hardware acceleration' noise problem. There have been a few threads about these issues in the past.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Mar. 14 2003,19:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Mar. 14 2003,09:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Something must have got messed up when I first installed them as my sound driver was listed as some "emu" thing, only noticed when I went to turn on EAX in Opf and hardware sound wasn't available, I uninstalled then installed again and it worked fine, can't say the crackling is 100% gone but from what I played last night it does perhaps seem better.<span id='postcolor'>

The SoundBlaster Live! cards are based on the EMU1K sound chip, that's why you saw that string -- it doesn't mean that it is emulating something. Nothing is wrong, do not panic! wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

No I mean it was listed here......

sb.jpg

(Where it now says "SB Live! Audio [A400])

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (R. Gerschwarzenge @ Mar. 15 2003,03:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What does that Turbo setting actually do?<span id='postcolor'>

Technically I don't know,

from my observations: EAX still seems to work, 5.1 surround works, sounds are maybe clearer, almost no crackling or none at all. crazy.gifsmile.gif

After reading this thread I went and checked and it was back to Turbo 1 for me in "current control set", so I've changed it to 0 and will try Opf a little later when I've caught up with this place smile.gif

I also have turbo 0, but the crackling is on the same reduced level for me, as with the previous drivers. No improvements, but on the otherhand things also haven't turned worse. Some crackling here and there (mostly with addons using very noisy engine sounds) but in generel on an acceptable level. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Greg @ Mar. 15 2003,16:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I am about to try the 'turbo' registry thing to see if it effects stability, not just the 'Hardware acceleration' noise problem.  There have been a few threads about these issues in the past.<span id='postcolor'>

Reporting back... The 'turbo' setting does not effect stability. The game still crashes as usual. However, since HW Accel (OFP sound option) is now less noisy, it may be a viable solution to enable this mode as it is stable.

Damn that bug Greg mentioned is annoying, i have exactly the same problem. When you lower the hw acceleration in dx diag to basic level and disable the hw acc in game then game sounds good but when shilka start shooting everything goes to hell. Increasing the hw acc in dx diag and enabling it in game is better but crackling is unbearable, either way im fu..ed. I´m seriously thinking to get rid of that damn soundblaster, can anyone recommend some good soundcard.