Sign in to follow this  
~Too Tall~

Cargo addon

"Gandalf from 21st Viking Battalion sent us their new addon 21vbCargo using nice scripts. It's a cargoaddon, where you can use 33 vehicles to move more than 130 pieces of cargo, either by sling, or by loading it into the cargocompartments of the cargovehicles, and you can eject cargo from choppers using 4 unsteerable parachutes as you can see on picture.

It's quite exhaustive because every cargo is defined with a weight, vehicules by a space and weight capacity, etc. It works in SP and MP, OFP ver 1.90.

More than never make sure that you read the txt and docs smile.gif"

cargodrops.jpg

Source:www.ofp.info

it says u can "load" cargo on i cant figure out how to do that(after reading the readme) oh well. ill go back to draging an M113 along the ground leveling everything in sight lol

WRECKING BALL ATTACK!!!!! biggrin.gif

I m not finding the cargoobjects crazy.gif

Or am i looking in the wrong place

Where r they ?

i only get the vehicles, not the cargo

the cargo is pretty much anything from the edirot update 102. like place a BIS ammo crate near the helo and fly over it...err hover over it and it will give u the option to pick it up

Well, it doesnt  sad.gif

So there is no special menu in the editor for the objects then ?

/edit

Just tested with a whole different load of objects.

And i dont get any option to pick something up.

I m using 1.91 and i have NO regular addonsfolder.  So i put all my addons in Res\addon.  Works good so far with other addons.

I put an empty V21vehicle on the map, placed some ammoboxes, humvee, brdm, etc but when i hoover over or place chopper next to it i dont get any extra command in my menu.

Whats wrong, damn i loved to use this in my missions  mad.gif

/EDIT 2

NEVERMIND !! I found it. Thx solidsnake, the "very precise" thing did it

tounge.gif

care to share the secret, i still cant get it to work

like do you need to be directly above? to the side? behind? infront?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Acidcrash @ Mar. 11 2003,22:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">care to share the secret, i still cant get it to work

like do you need to be directly above? to the side? behind? infront?<span id='postcolor'>

If your Cargo vehicle has a Rope then you can carry it by being right on top of it at altitude between 5-10 m you must be exactly above and then an option in your action menu comes up,

READ THE README

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Acidcrash @ Mar. 11 2003,16:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">care to share the secret, i still cant get it to work

like do you need to be directly above? to the side? behind? infront?<span id='postcolor'>

ive ONLY got it to work with helos...u have to hover over it @ an alt of 5-7 and a speed of 5 to -5 over the "21vb vehical" or BIS object /amm crate and the thing will appere "pick up M113(cargo)" or whatever u click on that and there ya have it

Do i need the to pick up the vb1 thingy cars or do i use the bis ones?

i have read the readme and still havent figured it out, ive tried hovering, moving vey slow, being high, low touching not touching and am about to gve up confused.gif

(rope?)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Koolkid101 @ Mar. 11 2003,16:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Do i need the to pick up the vb1 thingy cars or do i use the bis ones?<span id='postcolor'>

it ONLY works with teh vb21 vehicals...it doens work with over vehicals i tired pickin up the challenger and thatdidnt work confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Acidcrash @ Mar. 11 2003,22:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">(rope?)<span id='postcolor'>

You can see if it has a rope, when you board the vehicle a Hint appears and gives you info about weight etc.. it will say blablaRope: Yes

There is one doc with the addon with all the vehicles on it.

That doc points out where that specific vehicle is loaded.

To the left, back, etc.

For putting vehicles on the rope make sure you are above 5m height and with the side specified for that vehicle in the document and the action will appear in the menu.

Solidsnake, the readme wasnt too clear about that, so no need for the bold "read the readme" msg !

I read it 5-6 times and still couldnt figure it out.

Admit it, you just got lucky ! tounge.gif

I only seem to be able to get it to work if I start with a cargo chopper on the ground then get out and back in again, fly to the object, THEN try to pick the objects up/load them.

Crippler

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (JAP @ Mar. 11 2003,17:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There is one doc with the addon with all the vehicles on it.

That doc points out where that specific vehicle is loaded.

To the left, back, etc.

For putting vehicles on the rope make sure you are above 5m height and with the side specified for that vehicle in the document and the action will appear in the menu.

Solidsnake, the readme wasnt too clear about that, so no need for the bold "read the readme" msg !

I read it 5-6 times and still couldnt figure it out.

Admit it, you just got lucky !  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

same here i had to figure it out myself and i can only pick stuff up i cant "load it in" like it says confused.gif

@ koolkid: no u cant i tried. and as for tyhe pic..im still tryin to figure that out tath was from OFP.info...apperently u cna do that but i dunno how

Well this is one reason more to have a good C-130 plane  biggrin.gifc130_5.jpg

This new add on just came really timely but it is missing real cargo planes on the avalaible cargo vehicles.

Can this be solved?

I had no problem with it. I start off mission outside empty V21 chopper. When I get in, the script runs. I wait for it to vanish off the screen, take off and fly off a little ways and come back to the object I want to pickup. Hove over it about 6 meters and in the menu it tells me to pickup. To load cargo like ammo, I do the same but hover over the object about 1 meter and I get the menu to load cargo.

Works great, you guys did it again.

wink.gif

great one here make sure you are lifting with in cargo limits or it wont work great job smile.gif