Sign in to follow this  
ShadowY

Su-35

I wonder if will have a cargo seat in the bathroom it has...

Im wondering how they got my screenshots, Hmm.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hudson @ Mar. 11 2003,16:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Im wondering how they got my screenshots, Hmm.<span id='postcolor'>

crazy.gif

Lol

Any news of your F/A-18 v1.00 ??

The F18 is in the final stages of testing, I hope. We are currently working on a CBU-87b CEM for the plane (Which has a pop up dialog you can use to pick between 6 preset spread patterns). That should be the last addition. The Su will hopefully be ready for a public BETA at that time. These pics that someone found on my webspace are rather old and dont really show all the work I have done on the plane in the last couple weeks sad.gif The Su shown in the screenshots is actually carrying R-77 missiles now. The fun part will be trying to script one of those bad boys to be launced rearward from the back of the plane :-) O OFP is great!

wow nice scripting u done there with the CBU-87b

But did u ever tried to get the wheels of the plane rolling ??

Hmm...not convinced..looks too small.Mounting ladder is in wrong place..The crew mount from beneath.There is a door underneath with a ladder.Then there is a galley and a rest area, then the cockpit.This kinda gives you an idea of the size  confused.gif

Also the camo is wrong...I believe the camo he has used there is the camo applied to the SU-30MKI, which is a completely different weapons system to the

SU-32FN/-27IB/-34 which is primarily an MPA (hence the galley and crew rest area for long missions over the sea).

I don't know, it just doesn't really look right, too small, and it definately has got the wrong armament fit. And even if it DID carry this armament it definately would not be AIM-120Cs  wink.gif

The SU-32FN/-34 is known as the "Platypus" perhaps  because its nose resembles the beak of a platypus (I think this is why it is called this but I definately see the resemblance) but not in this addon.

su-34-line.gif

(If you picture a man in the same scale as this line drawing standing next to it, then you can clearly see that the addon SU-34 is too small)

This aircraft happens to be one of my favourite of all.I've read up on it a lot and have seen it in RL and nearly (damn gendarmes! crazy.gif  mad.gif  ) been inside it...So please please make it good...I beg you (Hudson). I was very impressed by your F/A-18s and hope that this aircraft turns out even better than they did.Thing is,there have been quite a few potentially excellent aircraft addons that have turned out awful because of a lack of dedication and commitment from the creator ... sad.gif This not only disappoints aircraft enthusiasts like myself but also gives the wrong impression to people that are not familiar with these aircraft, as they download an aircraft that at first sight looks really interesting and exciting to use, install it and  find out that it handles like a pregnant yak or has the completely wrong armament or the completely wrong role or the wrong camo etc...These people will then be misled about this aircraft...They'll go away thinking it's a piece of crap cos they couldn't play with it when in fact had the author made a better job of it,it could have been a very useful addition to the OFP inventory.

Please don't take this personally, I'm not criticising you I'm just trying to send a message to the general addon making community

Well anyway, here are some pretty good pictures :

SU-34@Paris Airshow '99

SU-34@Moscow - Zhukovsky (Ramenskoye) 2001

SU-34@Paris Airshow '97

SU-34@paris Airshow '99

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shashman @ Mar. 11 2003,10:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hmm...not convinced..looks too small.Mounting ladder is in wrong place..The crew mount from beneath.There is a door underneath with a ladder.Then there is a galley and a rest area, then the cockpit.This kinda gives you an idea of the size  confused.gif

Also the camo is wrong...I believe the camo he has used there is the camo applied to the SU-30MKI, which is a completely different weapons system to the

SU-32FN/-27IB/-34 which is primarily an MPA (hence the galley and crew rest area for long missions over the sea).

I don't know, it just doesn't really look right, too small, and it definately has got the wrong armament fit. And even if it DID carry this armament it definately would not be AIM-120Cs  wink.gif

The SU-32FN/-34 is known as the "Platypus" perhaps  because its nose resembles the beak of a platypus (I think this is why it is called this but I definately see the resemblance) but not in this addon.

su-34-line.gif

(If you picture a man in the same scale as this line drawing standing next to it, then you can clearly see that the addon SU-34 is too small)

This aircraft happens to be one of my favourite of all.I've read up on it a lot and have seen it in RL and nearly (damn gendarmes! crazy.gif  mad.gif  ) been inside it...So please please make it good...I beg you (Hudson). I was very impressed by your F/A-18s and hope that this aircraft turns out even better than they did.Thing is,there have been quite a few potentially excellent aircraft addons that have turned out awful because of a lack of dedication and commitment from the creator ... sad.gif This not only disappoints aircraft enthusiasts like myself but also gives the wrong impression to people that are not familiar with these aircraft, as they download an aircraft that at first sight looks really interesting and exciting to use, install it and  find out that it handles like a pregnant yak or has the completely wrong armament or the completely wrong role or the wrong camo etc...These people will then be misled about this aircraft...They'll go away thinking it's a piece of crap cos they couldn't play with it when in fact had the author made a better job of it,it could have been a very useful addition to the OFP inventory.

Please don't take this personally, I'm not criticising you I'm just trying to send a message to the general addon making community

Well anyway, here are some pretty good pictures :

SU-34@Paris Airshow '99

SU-34@Paris Airshow '97

SU-34@paris Airshow '99<span id='postcolor'>

Do we understand the words "Work in progress"? This is exactly why I dont like to post screenshots or even threads anymore on my work. I understand your trying to help but your pointing out the obvious. All things I allready know and things that HAVE TO BE MODIFIED either because of the game engine or the models limitation to detail. I tried sticking the ladder behind the front wheel but it wasnt happening. To complex animations to pull it off. Maybe when the day comes that I can post some screens of a work in progress that is sharing weapon proxies with another of my works in progress then I will start to share my work with others, untill then you guys are just to damn picky for me. I am planning on supplying extra logo/decal textures with the Su-34 so players can choose between Russian/Czech/Ukraine/Uzbek/Indian/Chineese logos. But I dont say things like this because I know someone all amped up to show just how much they know will come post about how this plane isnt even full scale production and only serves in the soviet airforce. All things I know but damn me for trying to make things a little more dynamic for you ingame.

Jeeeeez! Taxi for Mr.Hudson me thinks... wow.gif

I'm not posting this cos I think I'm " all amped up to show just how much (I) know"...That's just a stupid pointless thing to think and say..If you look at critiscism that way then I think you got some growing up to do man...Come on!mad.gif

I merely posted my observations...If you are not happy with an addon that you are working on, why post pictures of it on the net and then go crazy when somebody criticises it?? AT LEAST be able to take constructive criticism like a good addon maker would, not just immediately go on the defensive like that as if I had spat on your work.

If you bothered to read my post and not immediately switch into raging bull mode when you came accross the first sign of criticism : </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Please don't take this personally, I'm not criticising you I'm just trying to send a message to the general addon making community <span id='postcolor'>

Maybe you'd prefer it if I had said something along the lines of :

"hey dude your addon roxx man, it's fuckin wikkid I'm gonna blow up things with these coool missiles and stuff" ??

Maybe that's the sort of feedback you want...Well good luck accepting "feedback" like that...IMO there's way too much of it goin around, but maybe that's what addon makers like...

Maybe you should know that that addon is about 10% done there mr smartass, and the pics that were put on OFP.cz were never intended for the public. So while you go off thinking your so smart remember that you are actually assuming that you know what is going on with the addon. I had allready mention in the post above your origional one that the pics shown were using the wrong missile and the ones I plan on using are R77. So go ahead and rant and rave about all you know, I read the same webpages. I dont know about you but when I sit down to play OFP I am there to play a game. Not a FS2002 or Flanker 2 type of sim. If you want a buleprint spec aircraft from me for OFP your gonna be in for a long damn wait. I dont have the time or patience to make a addon to RL specs. Why dont you give it a try?

Closing at the request of the maker of the addon smile.gif