Sign in to follow this  
CuteQA

Tear of the sun

Anyone has seem this yet? It is not bad, and i think it is good story also good for OFP mission maker! smile.gif

Ps: I think the computer animation F/A-18's shape in this movie is a littlebit strange biggrin.gif

not yet. it does look pretty good. wasn't there another war movie Bruce Willis was staring in? i thought it was another WWII movie (not Heart's War)

I'll probably see it this week with my sister. My parents saw it and they say its good.

Just played the trailer. I recognized the Hans Zimmer music from recent MOM entry Platoon Commander mid-mission dig-in cutscene. smile.gif

Overall, review are leaning towards negative or mediocre at best for this film.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Mar. 10 2003,09:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">movie trailer, synopsis and etc.<span id='postcolor'>

In clip #1, Willis' buddy is holding a wonderful device that seems to receive satellite photo images in real or almost real time, visually conveying enemy positions and strengths.

Food for addon thought. smile.gif

more like GPS system with position memory function. If i heard correctly, the intel guy is showing Bruce how fast enemies are approaching in discrete times. which can be done in OFP via scripting.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Mar. 10 2003,10:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">more like GPS system with position memory function. If i heard correctly, the intel guy is showing Bruce how fast enemies are approaching in discrete times. which can be done in OFP via scripting.<span id='postcolor'>

It looked like there was a screen with photo recon on it.

Is there any such real device in use today?

Would make a great up-to-date addon to replace OFP's current GPS device.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Mar. 10 2003,07:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and has to make some decisions.<span id='postcolor'>

AHH! American special forces trying to make decisions!

*dives under desk*

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jinef @ Mar. 10 2003,11:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">*dives under desk*<span id='postcolor'>

Now there's a European decision for you! tounge.gif

the movie is pretty good. It kinda becomes unrealistic at the end, but it is a higly enjoyable movie. I got almost fired to go c it ( I am suspended lol).

Nothing personal, but when you are the most powerful and prosperous country everyone hates you. It's probably out of jealousy and envy (synonym ?).

If this film even comes out in the UK, i'll go see it. However as i have not seen it can't say much about it apart from my first impressions, which are undoubtedly sceptical.

I havent seen it myself but I will see it soon. I hope it isnt another Behind Enemey Lines. Well at least not too much hollywood stuff put in...

Saw it last Friday. The fighting scenes in this movie were a complete joke  sad.gif , you guys should of saw me in the theater. I was all over the floor during the firefight and when the enemy ran across the field shooting at the same time... hahahaha.. omg! you'll know what I mean when you see it  wink.gif

Throughout most of the movie I just sat there going "Why o' why would they ruin a perfectly good war movie like this." So much potential.

The middle cqb battle was pretty exciting, and didn't make me roll my eyes and groan, but the end battle. Very much a let down. Well worth seeing in the theater even for it's faults.