Sign in to follow this  
IceFire

Raven shield (was RS sp demo out.)

COLINMAN,

I've never had ANY problems with my AI men clearing rooms. They seem to do it exceptionally well. With flashbangs, or grenades ... etc.

Well I just aim at the floor at the end of a hallway and press spacebar and tell them to gernade that area, they'll drop a gernade within 5 feet of where you are, not the other end of the hallway. Same with gernading a room, they will open a door, drop a gernade within a foot of the door and stand there as I madly run away saving my own skin smile.gif

COLINMAN

Hmm, whenever I do that it works out fine as they actually throw it where I want them to.

As for clearing rooms.

Try using "breach, flashbang(or nade),and clear on ZULU".

If they still drop the frags right at their feet, then maybe you have a bug.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jinef @ Mar. 09 2003,13:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I know that in real life everything in these missions is preplanned and there is very little deviation from the plan.

Which i think is okay but they should try to add random elements, let's say the terrorist revealed halfway through the mission that there was a bomb in another part of the map or even a whole different area and you had to react quickly. Or the tangos decide to bring in reinforcements.<span id='postcolor'>

If you have read the Rainbow Six novel though, there is no way that the terrorists could bring in reinforcements. A police cordon is set up around the area, along with Rainbow and Military elements.

Then they plan just like SP-forces. Basic assault plan for if they need to do an immediate breech (ie. Hostages start getting killed) and then an in-depth detailed plan.

If in a mission something changed and they found they had another bomb on site, it'd be too late to pull back from the insertion once they had already engaged and taken down tangoes, so they could only hope that they stormed the entire building quickly enough to prevent detonation.

Usually however, observation (both from Hostages they get outside before the entry, cameras, and sniper /observer teams) give them all that sort of information, and the floor plans to the building give them prior knowledge of where the best places to put explosives would be to cause the most damage, so they plan their entry accordingly if there is a threat of a bomb.

I have read the rainbow six novel and i still think the terrorist with all their funding that bush keeps going on about could get a helicopter together and extract while shotting hostages etc. A new type of terrorism, one that ends up eith the CTs pissed off and the terrorists alive! I doubt that even American CT teams would carry a portable AA laucher with them.

I can't believe UBI still don't let the player pick up weapons from dead terrorists. One time I heard they excused themselves by saying "The operatives only use the weapons they are familiar with etc..."

That's BS. If you know how to use a G3, how hard can it be to operate a Mac or a Skorpion etc?

hehe and considering allmost all terrorist-weapons are available to the operatives biggrin.gif

The terrorist might not have kept them clean and have them not zeroed properly.

But still as a last resort i think they should be able to pick them up.

Also the terrorist have weapons that are too good, liker the Mp5 or are they just making the demo file smaller by using all the weapons in the demo to the max.

I like it but it has several flaws that I have a hard time accepting. Most notable:

[*] No, ironsights

[*] No third person view

I like the only-fps-view smile.gif

I consider 3rd-view to be cheating tounge.gif

I miss a real ironsight too confused.gif

And silencers for allmost any weapon?

WTF?

Silenced AK47? -never heard of that before.

A scoped shotgun? -LOL biggrin.gif

To me that "all weapons are customixable" is more a joke  crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shadow @ Mar. 10 2003,16:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Silenced AK47? -never heard of that before.<span id='postcolor'>

*cough* *cough*

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shadow @ Mar. 10 2003,09:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">To me that "all weapons are customixable" is more a joke  crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I'm only going to get the game if there are silenced and scoped flashbangs. Anything less isn't worth my time.

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jinef @ Mar. 10 2003,11:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have read the rainbow six novel and i still think the terrorist with all their funding that bush keeps going on about could get a helicopter together and extract while shotting hostages etc. A new type of terrorism, one that ends up eith the CTs pissed off and the terrorists alive! I doubt that even American CT teams would carry a portable AA laucher with them.<span id='postcolor'>

Not ALL terrorists are well funded. Do you think a band of guys in some Arab country with AK47's and a few rusty, crappy pickups with DSHK's are well funded? Weapons and stuff like that are usually very, very cheap, or even free in some Middle Eastern countries (Pakistan comes to mind, they sell AK47's there for $100 American).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shadow @ Mar. 10 2003,15:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A scoped shotgun? -LOL biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

ben_nova.jpg

My friend's dad has a Benelli M1 with a scope. smile.gif

"I can't believe UBI still don't let the player pick up weapons from dead terrorists. One time I heard they excused themselves by saying "The operatives only use the weapons they are familiar with etc...""

The reasons you cant do it are basically these:

1. Gameplay. If you could change weapons, MP sessions would just turn out to the average fragfest where you didnt care about your ammo or weapons, since you could always pick up new ones. This is not really in line with the atmosphere the game is aiming towards.

2. Realism. I doubt regular SWAT or AT teams would want to pick up an unknown weapon. Yes, they could, but it is extremely unusual. I doubt they would ever find themselves in that situation, so neither should you while playing Raven Shield.

If you want to be able to pick up weapons and Quake spray, there is always Counter Strike.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Mar. 09 2003,14:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm on 1mb and the "female genitalia" at NTL are trying to impose a 1gb per day DL limit, yay a connection I can use for 2 and a half hours a day, yay  mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

stop downloading pr0n. tounge.gif

With more playing the gernading ai needs a lot of work. I was clearing out a room, the one with all the control panels sticking out of the wall. I was at one end and felt a T was behind one of the control panels at the other. I ordered my men to flash that end of the hall, well they walked over, shot the T and then dropped a flash at their feet afterwards crazy.gif Not exactly what I had in mind.

Also they don't reconize enemy gernades. I was one land right in a doorway during a firefight, well I ran away, but all the ai guys stayed bunched around the door and died. Other than that things seem pretty good.

Oh yeah I also hate how if you want to toss a gernade you automatically ready another one instead of switching to you primary. I want to toss a flash and go, but after you toss a flash, it takes time to ready another flash, then you can switch to your smg only after the second gernade is readied, then put away...totally making using a flash useless by the time you are ready to go.

COLINMAN

longinius has the point. also, it might be that unless you are in dire situation, you don't want to tamper the scene. although you know who the terrorists are, after the operation is over, you still need to make some report, and if things are mixed up it gets a lot more hectic.

and no iron view...sigh....i want a grenade with scope... tounge.gif

I really like the sp ( and the mp ) demo of RvS .

It is one of the FEW games I`ll buy this year for sure .

The enemy Ai is no longer uber-marksmen and all the weapons and attachments is another thing I like .

The Ai also runs around a little bit more ( though in the sp mission the terr are not that bright and kind of edgy I guess....lol " I`m getting out of here " , " Enough of this " ) .

Also since the game uses the unreal engine then it is easier to mod then Rouge Spear I guess , and the lifetime should be

rather satisfying for the game .

And of course I bet there will be mission-packs down the line.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Necromancer- @ Mar. 10 2003,17:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Mar. 09 2003,14:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm on 1mb and the "female genitalia" at NTL are trying to impose a 1gb per day DL limit, yay a connection I can use for 2 and a half hours a day, yay  mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

stop downloading pr0n.  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL shush biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> I have read the rainbow six novel and i still think the terrorist with all their funding that bush keeps going on about could get a helicopter together and extract while shotting hostages etc. A new type of terrorism, one that ends up eith the CTs pissed off and the terrorists alive! I doubt that even American CT teams would carry a portable AA laucher with them. <span id='postcolor'>

No, of course they wouldn't, but think about it logically. Terrorists board the chopper, take off, go to fly away. CT team contacts Airforce. Airforce jets intercept, blow the helicopter out of the sky before the terrorists can get away.

Plus, small arms fire can still take out any helicopter a terrorist faction could get a hold of while it was sitting on the roof.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> I can't believe UBI still don't let the player pick up weapons from dead terrorists. One time I heard they excused themselves by saying "The operatives only use the weapons they are familiar with etc..."

That's BS. If you know how to use a G3, how hard can it be to operate a Mac or a Skorpion etc?

hehe and considering allmost all terrorist-weapons are available to the operatives <span id='postcolor'>

Familiar with... I think they mean familiar as in "Know that the gun isn't going to Jam on them, and that the sights are actually accurate."

Besides, when you have a MP5 which you have trained with repeatedly, and have it zeroed in to a tight grouping at 75 yards, why would you want to pick up a weapon that is "Spray and pray"? You'd be likely to take out hostages.

Also, you can't guarantee that the terrorists haven't booby-trapped their weapons. When a CT operative carries enough ammunition on them to complete the mission, why do you need to pick up guns, which would also be evidence afterwards during the mission.

And Tex... that guy in the pic is lucky he's dead... it looks like that would hurt otherwise wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Frizbee @ Mar. 11 2003,04:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Familiar with... I think they mean familiar as in "Know that the gun isn't going to Jam on them, and that the sights are actually accurate."

Besides, when you have a MP5 which you have trained with repeatedly, and have it zeroed in to a tight grouping at 75 yards, why would you want to pick up a weapon that is "Spray and pray"?  You'd be likely to take out hostages.

Also, you can't guarantee that the terrorists haven't booby-trapped their weapons. When a CT operative carries enough ammunition on them to complete the mission, why do you need to pick up guns, which would also be evidence afterwards during the mission.<span id='postcolor'>

Hmm booby-trapped their guns.....

so when would they be able to do that?

After you've killed them but before they hit the floor and drop their guns? wink.gif

I don't know about you, but if I was out of ammo for my primary weapon and there was a perfectly good rifle lying on the ground infront of me with some full mags on a dead body, I'd pick it up without even thinking. An enemy's rifle is far better than throwing rocks if you ask me  tounge.gif

Anyway, I still think there are no excuses for not being able to pick up enemy ordnance.

As for the scoped shotgun and silenced AK.

Like the site Avon referred to: the silencer is very rare, even for Spetznaz. The scoped shotgun: I hope you are firing slugs and not buckshots. If you need a scope to hit someone with buckshots (very short range-ammo) I'd seriously consider using eyelenses or glasses biggrin.gif

While on the subject of weapon-customisation:

-Never heard of 26rnd mags for the USP40. Will there be 24rnd mags for the Mk23 then? tounge.gif I know there is a 3rd party 30rnd mag for the Beretta but I find it hard to believe that a team like Rainbow is using a mag that is not recomended by the brand of the gun itself smile.gif

I don't know about the rifles, but a pistol with a long mag (i.e. 30 rnd 9mm) makes the gun awfull to handle. I tried one for my Beretta 92FS. I will buy it, but just for fun. Its terrible to use if you are expecting to hit anything (wrong balance of the weapon).

You got both a H&K MK23 and a Beretta 92fs ( Inox ) Shadow..( just wander since it is in your sig )

What happened to the special edition of the beretta you wanted to buy .

( Sorry for off-topic in the thread )