Sign in to follow this  
Gen.Carnage

Rah-66 comanche 1.1 released

Has anyone else had the problem where the dust effect doesnt work. I have trie that dkmm = true thing where I changed true to false but not even that worked. can someone try to help me sad.gif

Seriously though. Whats the point of .bin'ing your .cpp? Do you want to keep your secrets to yourself. The community needs to take a look at addons like this to learn new stuff, and to possibly improve upon it. I really see no reason for it. In future releases, i hope you don't continue this practice. confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">- fixed : AA soldiers didn't fire at Comanche

Just placed one of these lovely babies in the mission editor with a ton of east AA soldiers on the ground. Not a single one fired on the scout helo. Am I doing something wrong or something needs to be fixed. Thanks for the hard work fellas.<span id='postcolor'>

Well, try extracting your gear over them. In stealthy conditions, they wont shot.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you start out "flying" in the mission editor you are able to eject. If you get in the chopper or start on the ground you are unable to eject. It kinda sucks but this can be solved with a script that checks if the chopper is locked (which it is when the door is closed) and then unlocks it.<span id='postcolor'>

Hmm, seems I oversaw there one aspect. Normally you shouldn't get out in the air. In real live no chopper pilot would come to mind to eject out of his helicopter (except ka-50 pilots).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Has anyone else had the problem where the dust effect doesnt work. I have trie that dkmm = true thing where I changed true to false but not even that worked. can someone try to help me <span id='postcolor'>

Do you recieve any error message? If not, what is your benchmark?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Seriously though. Whats the point of .bin'ing your .cpp? Do you want to keep your secrets to yourself. The community needs to take a look at addons like this to learn new stuff, and to possibly improve upon it. I really see no reason for it. In future releases, i hope you don't continue this practice.<span id='postcolor'>

We will continue this practice. There is no vodoo stuff in the config, only regular commands. Most of them (especially the animation) wouldn't be of great use for you anyway, since you would need to have the model also unbinned, which is not an option (every unbinned vehicle of DKM was at least ripped once). So why do we bin it, since there is no secret in it? Cause we wont let ppl play around with that config, all should use the original config.

But if you have a question, how certain things are done..well, simply ask us. Binning the config doesn't mean, that we wont answer questions. We just give no "basic O2 and config"-tutorials, so you should have a rough idea how things work, which you can learn even without this config.

Wow, I just flyed in this baby and I love it!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Also, a thank you for the mission Theavonlady. I learned allot from it, especially what the displays mean. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DestroyerX @ Mar. 09 2003,12:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also, a thank you for the mission Theavonlady. I learned allot from it, especially what the displays mean. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

The Comanche Typerating mission is DKM's, available from their site. I just mirrored it. Thank DKM - not me.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FW200 @ Mar. 08 2003,21:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It looks great and flies even better!!

but:

question.. why do you guys bin the cpp ??

I wanted to see how to code certain animations etc.. smile.gif

Could it be possible that you guys release the cpp ?

Im not trying to steal stuff.. im just curious how you did it..<span id='postcolor'>

there is something like "MOD-secrets" biggrin.gif

Aside from the little problems, it seems everyone is getting the RAH to play ok.

Except me of course lol.

Anyone having trouble with the RAH displaying in RES 1.91?

As you can see from this pic, the "DKM-AIR" shows up ok under "Class", but the RAH is not in the list of units.

This never happend with the older version.

(the rotorwash is working fine with all choppers)

Any ideas???

(tried putting the pbo in RES/Add-ons and OFP/addons. not luck so far.

whatsup.jpg

i have been playing with this chopper all night and found only one bug which has been stated.. i cant eject... now to be honest if u could of had an auto eject thing where if ure chopper is shot up badly it will eject u.. just an idea and it keep it so u cant eject when u feel like it..

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Dark Knight @ Mar. 09 2003,13:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i have been playing with this chopper all night and found only one bug which has been stated.. i cant eject... now to be honest if u could of had an auto eject thing where if ure chopper is shot up badly it will eject u.. just an idea and it keep it so u cant eject when u feel like it..<span id='postcolor'>

Its because of the script that forces you to open the window to let you disembark

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Mar. 09 2003,14:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Its because of the script that forces you to open the window to let you disembark<span id='postcolor'>

Maybe we need one of those little red metal hammers in the cockpit. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 09 2003,13:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Mar. 09 2003,14:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Its because of the script that forces you to open the window to let you disembark<span id='postcolor'>

Maybe we need one of those little red metal hammers in the cockpit. tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

You mean this ? sos2.jpg

tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Mar. 09 2003,13:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Dark Knight @ Mar. 09 2003,13:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i have been playing with this chopper all night and found only one bug which has been stated.. i cant eject... now to be honest if u could of had an auto eject thing where if ure chopper is shot up badly it will eject u.. just an idea and it keep it so u cant eject when u feel like it..<span id='postcolor'>

Its because of the script that forces you to open the window to let you disembark<span id='postcolor'>

thats the problem.. u cant open the door when ure in flight... hence y i said get a auto eject fingy

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Mar. 09 2003,14:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You mean this ? sos2.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

You picked that up at the auto show, didn't you?! tounge.gif

lol... looks like the handle of a 'light-sabre' seeing it has a trigger and all..:)

@WarfareGames.com: Make sure you placed the DKMM_RAH66.pbo in there, no subfolders or such.

@All those guys who want to eject from a chopper:

There is only one choppertype you really can eject from and that is called KA-50/52. This chopper has an ejectionseat and all equippment to make it a safe thing to eject.

ALL other choppers have not such a system and are designed under the aspect, that the helicopter cell and the pilot seat will take off most of the impact energy of a crashing chopper.

So normally your best method to survive is to stay in your seat. BTW you wouldn't be able to open the doors of the Comanche since the downwash would force against you (and guess who is stronger).

If you fly in a height, where you could eject saftely (and you would be able to get out) you should think about taking a plane, since choppers are for low level flights, using the terrain as cover. If you are flying low you can also make a quick landing most of the time.

BTW: chopper pilots don't have parachutes, so ejecting would be allways the badest of all opportunities.

That is why we disabled the eject option, unfortunally we cannot force the AI to stay in.

I hope ppl see now why this is disabled.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 09 2003,12:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DestroyerX @ Mar. 09 2003,12:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also, a thank you for the mission Theavonlady. I learned allot from it, especially what the displays mean. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

The Comanche Typerating mission is DKM's, available from their site. I just mirrored it. Thank DKM - not me.<span id='postcolor'>

Ok, thank you DKM. tounge.gifsmile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rastavovich @ Mar. 09 2003,14:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">@WarfareGames.com: Make sure you placed the DKMM_RAH66.pbo in there, no subfolders or such.<span id='postcolor'>

Ya, that was installed ok.

I just dumped OFP & Res and reinstalled with 1.90 and it works great now smile.gif

DKM, dont beat yourselves up because of 1 or 2 tiny bugs.

This is by FAR the best chopper out for OFP!

I can't believe how clear you got some of the textures/pix

sweet.jpg

That's just amazing lol.

All in all an excellent addon, once again I congratulate all of you (DKM) on your hard, and pioneering, work for OFP...

I do however have 1 problem with this addon (and only cos I am a realism freak...)

Why do you still have the US Marine Corps Insignia on your helo? It is only being used by the US Army...

see here:

FAS.org DOD-101

and here:

Boeing Official Site

and here:

Army Document about the RAH-66

just shareing the info...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why do you still have the US Marine Corps Insignia on your helo? It is only being used by the US Army...<span id='postcolor'>

As you might have noticed, only the "black" Comanches have the "Marines" insignia on it, all others have a "Army" on their baydoors. Since the Comanche isn't in service, we have a certain freedom of painting on it what "might be".

correction thre are at least 5 RAH66 attack/scout helos in service with the US Army right now. try again wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">(every unbinned vehicle of DKM was at least ripped once)<span id='postcolor'>

you should feel special that ppl want to rip your addons. its when ppl DONT try to steal addons is when u should worry that mabe they suck wink.gif

and hey that M109 that someone took the body of ur ADATS and changed it to an M109 pallidin. that was awsome. i still have it. i love that tank! so let ppl "steal" your scripts and shit. they make some other cool addons with it. yes i agree they should ask u first but still. and sorry to sound like a dick here. but get off ur high horse. yes u made a really cool helo with spiffy new scripts and options and gizmos and gadgets. great job. but share those scripts with the rest of us. u think bin-ing the config will stop ppl? lol they can and they will get it. its just bin-ing it delays the process.

FYI: The M109 Palidin rip had horrible textures and generally, sucked.

DKM: Would you please make a script that allows us to open the door in flight?

~Too Tall~,  you are missing the point:

- the scripts are not binned, so everyone can use them freely

- 5 Prototypes I don't call "in service"

- What high horse you are talking about, I said allready that we share (most of) our knowledge if ppl ask us, but we wont do a "Config writing/O2 moddeling for beginners"-tutorial.

- And no, i don't feel special if someone rips a model and this rip looks like shit and doesn't match the original in any way (not every rip, but some). Learning from others is ok and appriciated, since it is the same way I learned how to write configs/scripts. But silly copying/ripping is not, you wont even have a great learn effect from that.

why did 'someone' feel the need to make a 'binning tool', why did BIS give us an MLOD to ODOL converter? think about it...

as rasta said; we are under NO obligation to give you anything, that doesant mean we won't, if asked nicely.

threatening to break open the config and 'stealing' the content will only render you one thing: our lack of cooperation.