Sign in to follow this  
gatordev

Radio in and out sounds...where?

I've found previous threads/posts where various people have mentioned how they play the various crypto beep and radio static sounds when using playSound.  However, the various methods I've seen them use in the past doesn't seem to be working and it gives me a "sound not found."  I can playSound other SFX sounds, but when I've tried to play the various sounds like "in2a" or "out2a" or "squelch," they don't work.  Did these sounds get a name change?  Are they located somewhere else that I need to call them differently?

I've been reading through the Wiki and older posts, but the answer has eluded me.

@gatordev I have no issue using "in2a" or out2a" configured in CfgRadio as such:

Spoiler

class CfgRadio {
    sounds[] = {radio_beep_to, radio_beep_from};

class radio_beep_to
	{
	name = "radio_beep_to";
	sound[] = {"@A3\Dubbing_Radio_F\sfx\in2a.ogg",db+12,1.1};
	title = "";
	};

class radio_beep_from
	{
	name = "radio_beep_from";
	sound[] = {"@A3\Dubbing_Radio_F\sfx\out2a.ogg",db+12,1};
	title = "";
	};
};

then just use in script like this:

player sideRadio "radio_beep_from" or [playerSide,"HQ"] sideRadio "radio_beep_to"; etc.

Of course you need a radio to use sideRadio

5 hours ago, panther42 said:

Of course you need a radio to use sideRadio

I was trying to not have to use sideRadio because my understanding was that it required you to pre-generate any chat radio messages in an external file and not inside the editor.  Using one of the sideChat commands in a trigger is just easier to edit when I have pre-made triggers that I'm editing.  If I'm mistaken, I welcome the correction.

However, I did try using playSound3D, and that did work because it allows me to specify the path.  I don't see a way to do that in the Wiki for playSound.  I'm not sure if playSound3D will cause issues in MP, but since I just make my own missions for SP, I guess this will work for now.

Thanks for the help.