Sign in to follow this  
Tales_From_Topographic_Oceans

Finished resistance?

Skip it?...well I guess I could, but it would make me feel so cheap...lol, seriously though. I don't know, it just really pisses me off, it shouldn't be this hard so early in the game. Am I doing somthing wrong? So far resistance is making the origional campaign seem like a cake walk.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (InqWiper @ Mar. 09 2003,04:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">To keep realism at a slightly bearable level the guys at BIS thought " would an average guy on a tourist attraction island have experience with heavily weighted gunship helcopters and advanced weapon systems?" and decide that no they probably would not.

<span id='postcolor'>

Victor had already had experience of war when the russians started invading as you will hear in the start.<span id='postcolor'>

He never mentions using aircraft of any sort though smile.gif

And even if he did, how in hell would he be able to train all of his comrades?  confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I spent alot of time with mafia. <span id='postcolor'>

Yes, I loved Mafia too. It is great--but without a patch, without any support, without any addons or mods, there really isn't much left after the dust settles. I have played Free Ride which is fun but I always keep coming back to OPF.

There's only one software company in the Czech Republic who know how to treat their customers right biggrin.gif

Yep, but unfortunately BIS is quite busy the last time and doesn`t talk to us that much.

*sniff*

Gods, why have you abandoned us sad.gifsad.gifwink.giftounge.gif

'To keep realism at a slightly bearable level the guys at BIS thought " would an average guy on a tourist attraction island have experience with heavily weighted gunship helcopters and advanced weapon systems?" and decide that no they probably would not.'

OK then why in the original campaign, James could go and fly a heli if he liked. Was he specifically trained to fly a heli?

Resistance was dissapointing as you spent too much time in tanks...

Felt it lacked infantry missons.

Not saying it was cack, but was disappointing....

biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cybrid @ Mar. 09 2003,17:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Damn i'm having a hell of a time with resistance. I can't get past the 5th mission or whatever it is where you have to steal the tanks. I have no AT weapons and I'm grossly out numbered. The difficultly is comparable to the last few missions in the origional cold war campaign. I got resistance for my birthday in December, and havn't played it much since. I got frusterated and quit only to play some other games. I spent alot of time with mafia.<span id='postcolor'>

Well her is how I did it.

i snug up behind the castle shot the guard and ran round the back the castle and started to entying mags on the russians(used Bizon you can also youse Ak47/47 just don't kill the guard and ekspect som returend fire) they start running for the tanks and the rest is shotting pratis almost to or tree soldiers stand behind the tent nearset to the carstle and you can see them from where you are laying take them out and whach the Spetnaz dropping form the sky. when they are dead you go down and kill the guards in the town and call in your gruppe which is waiting out side the town. jump ind to the T80 and step on it(remember to make the others take tanks too) and avoide the russians just fire a little on them and they will die. and that is bacicly what you have to do.

STGN

ps. whatch your back.

The problem, there is always 2-3 tanks and maybe a BMP driving around the base, making approaching it almost impossible. My brother managed to beat it by stupid luck. After killing the guys around the castle he sent his whole squad running down the mountain and they were all killed except for himself. He got in the gunner position of one of the tanks, and just by chance the enemy tanks all showed up 1 by 1 allowing him to pick them off. Then when the enemy shot at him they kept hitting stuff that was in the way, and my brothers tank only took 1 hit i think. After killing the tanks he drove freely back to home base as the soul sruviving soldier.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cybrid @ Mar. 12 2003,14:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The problem, there is always 2-3 tanks and maybe a BMP driving around the base, making approaching it almost impossible. My brother managed to beat it by stupid luck. After killing the guys around the castle he sent his whole squad running down the mountain and they were all killed except for himself. He got in the gunner position of one of the tanks, and just by chance the enemy tanks all showed up 1 by 1 allowing him to pick them off. Then when the enemy shot at him they kept hitting stuff that was in the way, and my brothers tank only took 1 hit i think. After killing the tanks he drove freely back to home base as the soul sruviving soldier.<span id='postcolor'>

let your soldier wait out side the town and have some anti tank people whit them. never tryed that except a BMP which drove away again.

STGN confused.gif

I played the resistance missions where you get in the bus, it takes to to the office, then u get in a car and drive away from the town when the invasion starts. That's about as far as I got before I started making my own missions and played lots of MP.

-=Die Alive=-

There are games that I bought, installed, never played, and uninstalled. (IGI, to name one)

The fact that I never played the campaign, but yet played OFP:R almost every day since it came out just shows how good/addictive the MP/SP missions are that the community puts out.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Die Alive, aren`t you ashamed? You just played the intro<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, it was a very good intro too. Much better than the Half Life intro where you're stuck in a subway.

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (interstat @ Mar. 06 2003,23:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Resistance was poor in my opinion.

Where are the heli missions?

O.K maybe the resitance may not of had any helicopters, but maybe they could of been stolen?

Plus, I find it very unbelievable that the Ruskies would be beat so easily by the resitance. Especially seeing as USSR had a massive air superity.

Another thing that was lacking in resitance was the use of all the island, plus you missed out on most of the scenery as you were either stuck in tanks or trucks for a long time. I mean the island in the middle of the river was a perfect layout for some interesting missions.

Red Hammer and Cold War Crisis dumped all over Resitance.

Lastly, why couldn't Victor have a decent sounding voice, one that may sound remotely un-shakesperian english.

confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Hehe... in the mission where you go destroy the v-80's that's how I got out. I stole one of their bigger choppers there (can't remember what it was) when I was being surrounded by reactionary forces and loaded my guys up and flew out of there. As for the resistance not being able to beat the ruskies? Hell, US beat the British with pitchforks, hehe. No offense Brits, we love our neighbors over the pond. smile.gif