Sign in to follow this  
furia

Higher quality c-130

And have a crew chief who sits there and every so often he will make himself a pasty in the microwave and go to the bog!

The finesse of the airforce needs to be punctuated here!

Well figured I would tell you all. I sent a beta of my new C130 to ofpinfo. There is more info there.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpclFrcsSnpr @ Mar. 12 2003,05:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well figured I would tell you all. I sent a beta of my new C130 to ofpinfo. There is more info there.<span id='postcolor'>

Where?

I never liked the old C130, it's poorly textured, very low-poly, and very incorrect is many areas. I opened up the model in Oxygen to take a peek at it, and the model itself makes no sense in many areas, with more than required faces and lots of asymetry to the model. The interior is just a stretched-out Mi17 interior, and the gear well doors are shaped horribly incorrectly.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpclFrcsSnpr @ Mar. 12 2003,20:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well figured I would tell you all. I sent a beta of my new C130 to ofpinfo. There is more info there.<span id='postcolor'>

no offense to the guys at ofp.info cuz they got a great site and updated...but they dont seem to like emails...i sent them 5 times (in the past 3 months) my editor extra "Aircraft Carrier) for helo launches and piston engine aircraft launches. and they NEVER EVER EVER replyed back, or posted it on thier site. my 2 nam missions too...never put those up.... so send it to someone else and give us a link asap. thanks wink.gif

When you post the beta, maybe you should announce it in the A&M complete section, because many people only look in there for addons...

We're making the C-130 BTW.. British Royal Air Force and Argentine versions...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpclFrcsSnpr @ Mar. 13 2003,19:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well for some reason they still havent posted it.<span id='postcolor'>

kep trying m8 it only took me 3 and a half montsh b4 they finnaly got my "editor extra" (sent it 9 times [3 times a month])

BAS MH-47 Chinook is a EXTREMELY interesting ADD ON that incorporates most of the "OPTIONS" that could make a C-130 a really useful and interesting.

Options I already requested such be able to transport vehicles, different seating inside plane and chances to move inside.

It also allow for cargo parachute..............

I would love somebody incorporate this all into a C-130.

I really regret I have not the skills to do so.

This plane could make many important stuff for new maps. Including Ranger missions.

As Spec Ops plane, transport and so...

The glider parachute that in some cases can be used on HALO operations.

On our last war, my squad inserted an 8 men team unoticed on enemy territory very close to enemy possitions by means of jumping from a C-130 from 5000 mt (people on ground did never heard the plane) and opening chutes real close to ground. That insertion was a real success even when enemy was expecting us, they didn't detect our insertion.

I am still wishing to see this plane with all this features incorporated along other refinements as flight instruments and good skins.....

Maybe BAS that is currently working on all fleet used by US 160th Spec Ops unit. Surely they know this elite unit make full use of C-130 on many variants.

Any chance??  tounge.gif

wink.gif

I would love to see BAS make a C-130 but there to busy with other things right now as they said maybe in the future.

And i want a KC-130 damnit biggrin.gif !

My dream C-130 addon:

Realistic, high-quality model, textures, flight model, that is a given.

Custom animations for the back ramp and landing gears.

What would be great is if someone could write a script that would keep the plane at constant altitude with respect to the sea level, so it does not do insane climbs and dives when it goes over hills.

Cargo version - Carries a good number of soldiers in seats and uses some sort of cargo script similar to BAS's and has various built in scripts for accepting and dropping cargo.

Paratrooper version - No cargo scripts, just a full load of troops standing, holding on to the straps, ready to jump out the back. Comes with built in scripts for paradropping troops at a realistic interval.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Furia @ April 24 2003,00:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BAS MH-47 Chinook is a EXTREMELY interesting ADD ON that incorporates most of the "OPTIONS" that could make a C-130 a really useful and interesting.

Options I already requested such be able to transport vehicles, different seating inside plane and chances to move inside.

It also allow for cargo parachute..............

I would love somebody incorporate this all into a C-130.

I really regret I have not the skills to do so.

This plane could make many important stuff for new maps. Including Ranger missions.

As Spec Ops plane, transport and so...

The glider parachute that in some cases can be used on HALO operations.

On our last war, my squad inserted an 8 men team unoticed on enemy territory very close to enemy possitions by means of jumping from a C-130 from 5000 mt (people on ground did never heard the plane) and opening chutes real close to ground. That insertion was a real success even when enemy was expecting us, they didn't detect our insertion.

I am still wishing to see this plane with all this features incorporated along other refinements as flight instruments and good skins.....

Maybe BAS that is currently working on all fleet used by US 160th Spec Ops unit. Surely they know this elite unit make full use of C-130 on many variants.

Any chance??  tounge.gif

wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Unfortunately it is an OFP engine limitation that you can't move around freely in an aircraft while it is moving sad.gif In the BAS MH-47, you can do this because the chopper is stationary.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Unfortunately it is an OFP engine limitation that you can't move around freely in an aircraft while it is moving   In the BAS MH-47, you can do this because the chopper is stationary.

<span id='postcolor'>

I am aware of that. however you surely can move from one seat to other through action menu. So lets say you are sitting inside plane while flying and by means of action menu you can select "GO TO JUMP POSSITION (seat)" where soldier would take a upright  possition such as soldiers ready to jump.

Not 100% realistic but better than actual options (from seated to droping in the sky by means of EJECT)