Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

Red Hammer Studios

Excellent. I'm quite impressed with Red Dawn. Sounds very "soviet", and Evil Empire-ish.

RHS's attention to detail, and atmosphere is a rare and wonderful thing in this community.

Thanks guys, ive been out for a while, bloody net and that, but now im back and i finally have broadband, have u changed msn address shadow?

Excellent. I'm quite impressed with Red Dawn. Sounds very "soviet", and Evil Empire-ish.

Ever seen the cold-war movie Red Dawn with Patrick Swayze, Charlie Sheen, Jennifer Grey?

Once it was broadcasted on German TV but they cut off 20min. so you couldn't get the story crazy_o.gif

To complicate things Cubans spoke Spanish, Soviets spoke Russian: all without subtitles.

Fortunately I'seen it with subtitles and complete before.

bye, Arne

2645 post already! Wow!!

"T-72 – dead or it's a very early alpha....

...Also funny how you know that other T72 are better, when did you receive all these t72 to compare?"

- Err, well... I saw some pics, that's how I know. smile_o.gif

- Kenji is working on T-84 and T-90 pack, and he is making a new T-62, right? So... you have only ONE moddeller working on THREE projects???

"^Also i want to add that im impressed by your talent of seeing into the future and on the RHS teams harddisks, amazing amazing^"

- That's why I put that "correct me if I am wrong" remark.

Okay, I have a question – how much time do you normally need to make an addon? One could created a decent box and texture it too in less than 20 minutes.

Add 20 more minutes to betatest and upload it to ofp.info

But how much time would you need to complete a pack of Russian tanks??? It's hard to say… You see, both M60A1 and M1A2 SEP tank addons were completed in less than two months. And RHS had first mentioned their "almost completed" T-80 pack about two moths ago...

Ever seen the cold-war movie Red Dawn with Patrick Swayze, Charlie Sheen, Jennifer Grey?

Once it was broadcasted on German TV but they cut off 20min. so you couldn't get the story crazy_o.gif

To complicate things Cubans spoke Spanish, Soviets spoke Russian: all without subtitles.

Fortunately I'seen it with subtitles and complete before.

bye, Arne

Heh, yeah, I saw it when it came out in the 'Eighties. Yes, I'm that old. biggrin_o.gif It was a good flick, even if it was totally unrealistic.

Quote[/b] ]- Russian T-90 and Ukrainian T-84 packs – dead, forgotten, abandoned, lost… whatever.

- T80 pack – "almost done", like most of RHS addons

- T-72 – dead or it's a very early alpha. Right now RHS's T-72s ain't as good as the T-72B by SeaDemon and ORCS. However, RHS t-72 pack will be much bigger, if they can actually complete it one day before OFP-2.

T-62 – they are making a new model, so it's not even in alpha stage. Since RHS mostly use old Sigma6 tank models as the base of their addons, I have a feeling that the T-62 (much more widespread than the rare T-64) is probably dead.

Or "undead" – oh, those addons from Hell, they really are something!

After talking to kenji yesterday i defintly know the t-84 oplot is being worked on by him, same goes for the t-90s. So there anything but dead.

As for the t-62 hes making a complelty new model as you say lets just say when its finished it should be something very special indeed. anyone who has seen his any of his modeling work will know what i mean.

Keller, if there would be only people like you in the community crazy_o.gif

RHS don´t take it too serious i find it quite amusing what he wrote biggrin_o.gif

Interesting list Keller_777

I'm really asking myself where you get those informations from? rock.gif

...and i won't correct you, just read Shadow NX's post again wink_o.gif

RHS "progress report" – correct me if I'm wrong

RHS "progress report" – correct me if I'm wrong

- GRU recon units, infantry and motorized infantry – DONE!

And they look absolutely amazing – as much as I like ORCS Russian infantry, these RHS units look much better in many ways.

^Correct^

- USSR\Russia Weapon pack – WIP and only God knows what they mean by that.

It might be 99% done, or only half ready… there will be some retextured weapons, and that I don't like at all. Maybe the 12.7 heavy sniper rifle they've mentioned is just a retextured version of the KSVK rifle released a while ago – that would suck. On the other hand, some Aks with optics or maybe even Ak-100s would be useful. (they did make Ak-103 or 105, didn't they?)

^Hard to tell a % number, but to my knowledge its only the SVD variants that we wait for but according to last statement of the maker on icq i think they are as good as done.

The 12.7mm rifle is not a reskinned KSVK, its a new V-94/OSV-96 rifle model with new textures.^

- Russian T-90 and Ukrainian T-84 packs – dead, forgotten, abandoned, lost… whatever.

^why? both are still projects of us, i think even more close to release than the T72s, the 84 will be in the T80pack since these vehicles are pretty close to each other model wise^

- T80 pack – "almost done", like most of RHS addons smile_o.gif

^true, our manpower is limited so it takes its time, as long as we need to work for our money we got limited time to work on things believe it or not^

- T-72 – dead or it's a very early alpha. Right now RHS's T-72s ain't as good as the T-72B by SeaDemon and ORCS. However, RHS t-72 pack will be much bigger, if they can actually complete it one day before OFP-2.

Âgain, why dead? more a beta actually, the textures are still not good enough and they need riders, suspension effects well the usual shit, model wise they are done.

Also funny how you know that other T72 are better, when did you receive all these t72 to compare?

I give a shit about who got a better one, making this stuff is a hobby, that you get the outcome is more a nice side effect for you^

T-62 – they are making a new model, so it's not even in alpha stage. Since RHS mostly use old Sigma6 tank models as the base of their addons, I have a feeling that the T-62 (much more widespread than the rare T-64) is probably dead.

Or "undead" – oh, those addons from Hell, they really are something!

^Yes they get a new model, Kenji decided that this is better and since its his decission you better live with it.

We modify old Sigma tanks, meep wrong again most of these tanks we work on are either remodelled by sigma himself or are complete new models made by him, for example T80s or 90s differ totally from old versions he released^

- T-55 – really is an excellent pack, the best Soviet tank addon I've ever seen in OFP.

The funny thing is that some RHS members often claim that they don't want to release crappy betas 'cause many players will get on their nerves complaining about various bugs they would find in those early betas. BUT you know that T-64 is a beta, T-55 ain't "final" yet. smile_o.gif

T-64 pack – that "early beta" got better since the first release. I like it a lot.

^Thanks, yes well we arent super humans you know, so we may have bugs in our addons, but what would you do if you release and lots of bugs show up wich never happend in a few dozent test sessions?^

- Soviet military truck and UAZ pack – well, I donno… dead?

^wrong again^

- Mi-28 pack – jeez, rest in peace good old Havoc!

^Yeah yeah, see sentence above^

- Soviet helicopter pack: from Ka-29 to M-24 and Ka-60… missed in action. They do have many casualties among their addons, don't they?

^Ka-29, was availeable to us as beta but the maker left the comunity and taken it with him, Mi-24... you will be surprised... Ka-60, we had one, then PSC was hired by BIS and asked us to not release it, it was done

- The secret stuff – Soviet AA pack: the Shilka we've already seen from far-far away, and Zu-23, and Zsu-57-2 (like in FDF mod), and Zu-23 on a truck. Chances are very high that all of these addons are half ready, but RHS don't release crappy early betas, so you might as well consider them "dead" – won't see them before OFP-2 comes out, that's for sure.

^ah this game is getting boring, take one of the answers i gave above^

- BRDM pack – RHS didn't have enough spare parts for those armored scout cars.

So this project is cancelled. Don't worry - SPetsnaz mod will release their BRDMs soon enough.

^Yes true, have fun with them^

Su-25 - Special du jour: "Cuisse de Grenouille" – and the Frogfoot was a victim, I'm afraid

^True, wow at least once^

- the last, but not the least – pilot pack is done, but it sucks.

^How do you know, by the 2year old screens?^

Have a good day!

^Thanks, you too...^

^Also i want to add that im impressed by your talent of seeing into the future and on the RHS teams harddisks, amazing amazing^

C'mon people, especially Keller_777, don't you understand that it will take them longer when they just keep on answering "when it's done" to your's whining about release date...

Snadow NX shut 'em up by giving them a candy (=picture)... wink_o.gif

Keller_777... its a wonder your stay on these forums has lasted longer than a week... grow up.

Snadow NX shut 'em up by giving them a candy (=picture)... wink_o.gif

I have a feeling this would cause the opposite

your probably right

And sometimes even create such "angry" users like keller.

Mod teams are allways showing beautiful pictures of much more beautiful addons in it. All those addons are looking 110% done.

And then 1 year after, no release.

Why not telling whats missing on that addon, so it may look done, but ppl can understand, why it is not.

---

On the other hand...... can you please stop whining keller...

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

I hope the mod team realizes that this is one guy on a crusade to make you release things sooner and not the whole community bitching and moaning.

Sometimes it seems that these issues get confused by some people.

hehe, he realy is not helping much I think he just likes to hear himself and wether he yaps or not about or speed and progress it doesn't change the speed or progress of our work other then that we have to reply to the comunity to asure that he is wrong it is quite sad, and I hope he can find a new hobby

to the rest of you thank you for the support, this post is problebly the most active because of you guys caring so much about our work and I thank you

Go RHS, your stuff looks great and great things are worth waiting for.

Keller_777, it must have taken you a while to type all of that with one hand rock.gif

C'mon people, especially Keller_777, don't you understand that it will take them longer when they just keep on answering "when it's done" to your's whining about release date...

When did I ever do anything like that? wow_o.gif

Latest news from the frontline:

American tank crews would like to express their sincere appreciation of RHS war efforts.

Here is what one of them, commander Bob Hammer, has to say:

"Of course we like what they do. We love those neo-Soviet engineers! Their best armored units really stand no chance against our new Abrams M1A2 SEP. Things were different when we had M60A1 - it was kind of hard to fight those T-64s on equal terms, but not anymore. I can already see the golden tops or Moscow churches through my commander's optics – this war will be over very soon!

And here is what a T-64BV commander Ivan Vodkin has to say: ""%$^& RHS! &@$*$ mother *%&@ you &@^^#^ T-80 pack &@*# $% ASAP!" (unfortunately, we were not able to provide an adequate interpretation of his statement due to a large number of native untranslatable puns)

end of transmission

smile_o.gif

TO: Shadow NX - thank you very much for your report.

To: snypa

"C'mon people, especially Keller_777, don't you understand that it will take them longer when they just keep on answering "when it's done" to your's whining about release date...Snadow NX shut 'em up by giving them a candy (=picture)...  wink_o.gif "

-No, it won't take them any longer.

-What you call "whining" I call "constructive criticism".

Did I violate Forum rules? Did I offend anyone?? Nope.

(BTW. Why, oh why did you have to turn Swissmod into a Full-conversion?!)  crazy_o.gif

offtop - NEW BRDM-2 AT from Spetsnaz mod

(can you open this link?)

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/_hosted....id=1990

Keller_777 I think you are whining and I think you offended RHS team by your "consrtuctive critism", but I don't want to whine or smap this topic with you.

If you want to talk about this well and 'till over, send me a PM with your MSN so we can talk over there...

BTW: I wasn't part of Swissmod when they were making the mod. I joined after release to make campaign for it. So don't talk about things that you don't know about...

yours, sincerely,

- Snypa

biggrin_o.gif

-What you call "whining" I call "constructive criticism".

Personaly I would call it bitching.

Quote[/b] ]Did I violate Forum rules? Did I offend anyone?? Nope.

Look in my Sig, you might learn something of it.

Quote[/b] ](BTW. Why, oh why did you have to turn Swissmod into a Full-conversion?!) crazy_o.gif

Do you like bitching on people?

Quote[/b] ]Keller_777, it must have taken you a while to type all of that with one hand

Ouch that had to hurt tounge_o.gif

But I don't think he understands it wink_o.gif

@ RHS

Ignore Keller, maybe that will make him stop posting trash wink_o.gif

EDIT:

thx.gif

Think about this one Keller.

back on topic:

we descided to release a few surprises with the infantry that we think would be suitable for them. xmas_o.gif