Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

Red Hammer Studios

we're still alive...

i'm still working on t-55s update: i'm not just trying to fix bugs, i also invented a new effect.

soul assassin made a nearly full new textured version of the t-55a.

smile_o.gif

Were you thinking of a empty shell ejection visible from a gunner inside view?

Does it make any sense to do?

the modell for the shell is done... i just don't know where exactly it is thrown out on a t-55.

pic by ShadowNX:

nva.jpg

like in the turtle, ... under the shell, he, he. biggrin_o.gif

I don't know either.

i think it comes out where u load it

can you show me a real life pic of that?

ill see if  ican find one but i saw a clip of it happening on tv but it wasnt a T-55

Edit: sorry couldnt find one

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

http://landhell.fpp.pl/of/index.php?PAGE=down&FILE=krab-demo.avi&DIR=ADD PL/HAWK

Here is a link to a video (37MB!!) showcasing a (unreleased) Polish howitzer KRAB that Hawk has made a while ago. If you watch it, you'll see that while in the inside view, you can see the actual shell being loaded into the barrel. IMHO very cool effect. I've just thought this might give you some ideas.

wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]i think it comes out where u load it

Generally the shell is thrown out from the breech where it is loaded, yes. With autoloaders, this would be exactly the same as being loaded "By Hand" except without the loader, obviously.

No, I do not have images or video of this actually happening, it is my general understanding. If this were to actually be implemented in tanks, it would be freakin' amazing.

-AK

Quote[/b] ]i think it comes out where u load it

Generally the shell is thrown out from the breech where it is loaded, yes. With autoloaders, this would be exactly the same as being loaded "By Hand" except without the loader, obviously.

No, I do not have images or video of this actually happening, it is my general understanding. If this were to actually be implemented in tanks, it would be freakin' amazing.

-AK

can you show me a pic of a t-55 and mark the place where it is thrown out?

@ag_smith: thx, i'll d/l it sooner or later smile_o.gif

think he just means that shell are ejected from the breech with in the turret not the actual tank itself like the t-62 and its little hatch

That's what I mean. I didn't realize that spent casings were actually ejected from the turret proper on some models of tank. I mean that the breech was opened, round inserted, fired, breach reopened (Having been closed during firing) and the spent casing pulled free and the gun reloaded. That's what I meant. The empty would rattle around on the floor of the turret most of the time, I guess.

-AK

Wouldn't that fill the turret inside with gases from the smoking, fired shell (don't know if they actually produce any vapors after firing?)?

It just seems a bit strange that they would rattle around the floor.

im sure the loader would secure them somewhere so there not out the way and maybe disposse of the shells when out of the danger zone

theres a fume extracter on the gun so that it removes the gases from the barrel and the breechhence why you dont see huge puffs of smoke coming from the end of the muzzle when the tank fires only really a flash, i know that the t-62 is in the odd position of not having an autoloader but having a shell ejection system which ejects the shell through a hatch in the rear of a turret, but this has the problem that the tank cant not be made nbc proof and fire cause as soon as that wee door is opened the tank isnt sealed anymore, think thats maybe why its the only russian tank that uses that system

theres a fume extracter on the gun so that it removes the gases from the barrel and the breechhence why you dont see huge puffs of smoke coming from the end of the muzzle when the tank fires only really a flash, i know that the t-62 is in the odd position of not having an autoloader but having a shell ejection system which ejects the shell through a hatch in the rear of a turret, but this has the problem that the tank cant not be made nbc proof and fire cause as soon as that wee door is opened the tank isnt sealed anymore, think thats maybe why its the only russian tank that uses that system

I read that this cycle also reduces the rate of fire by a few(?) rounds per minute, so it is obviously very impractical.

it does a bit but its not to bad reduces loader fatigue as he dosnt have to worry about the empty shell casing so after prolonged fight the t-62 might be firing quicker than a t-55 because the loader isnt as tired though its never going to match any of the later models ie t-64 onwards

Don't the T-55's have a tramp on the floor? for exit? They may use it to get read of empty shells?

Just wandering.

@CERO.

Yep exactly what i think, they throw it out trough that hatch on the floor

Don't the T-55's have a tramp on the floor? for exit? They may use it to get read of empty shells?

Just wandering.

@CERO.

ha, that's just what i need. very easy to do in ofp...

Yeah, they'd toss their empties through that hatch most likely. Not while under fire or anything though, but in OFP that doesn't really matter.

As to the fume thing:

Quote[/b] ]Wouldn't that fill the turret inside with gases from the smoking, fired shell (don't know if they actually produce any vapors after firing?)?

Yeah, generally tank turrets stink of the cordite and what-have-you after firing. The empties are removed, but while under fire, I don't want to open a hatch unless I'm leaving through it, you know what I'm saying?

AK

As to the fume thing:
Quote[/b] ]Wouldn't that fill the turret inside with gases from the smoking, fired shell (don't know if they actually produce any vapors after firing?)?

Yeah, generally tank turrets stink of the cordite and what-have-you after firing. The empties are removed, but while under fire, I don't want to open a hatch unless I'm leaving through it, you know what I'm saying?

AK

ok, so we need a new script command for ofp2:<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">pc startStinking true tounge_o.gifsmile_o.gif

If you're new to it, don't forget:

"exec [] "PlayerVomit.sqs."

Stinks some mighty.

AK

If you're new to it, don't forget:

"exec [] "PlayerVomit.sqs."

Stinks some mighty.

AK

haha...

but to stay correct: <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[]exec "PlayerVomit.sqs

wink_o.gif

Yes yes, I keep messing those up.

AK