Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

Red Hammer Studios

Quote[/b] ]I saw some other team working on Coldwar era VDV units, so i dont know maybe they also work on normal infantry, dont wanna double our work if theres a chance they release coldwar infantry before us.

In some cases, and the emphasis is on some, in regards to infantry, merely patches can be changed, that and camouflage uniforms. The equipment hasn't changed a whole lot.

In regards to the screenshot of the Motor-Rifle infantrymen. That's fantastic. The VSR [sometimes called "Schoefield" and I have no clue why] is great. The Flora pattern, outstanding, although as has been mentioned it has one or two many creases and/or wrinkles, but it looks amazing nonethless. Judging from what I can see, they've both got AK-74 rifles... in orange fiberglass. Prompts the question: "Are you making your own rifles?" I know I've seen screens of them before... back when RHS was called RSS.

Edit:

The hands DO look kinda off. Perhaps changing them back into "Default" hands would be the best choice.

-AK

Yeah i think it isnt too hard to make some decent coldwar era troops from them but atm its more a question of time... sad_o.gif

About the inf, yeah hands should be normal ones i think to allow people to have the hands that come with custom faces for example...

The weapons are placeholders, there will be the RHS weapon base pack coming with the infantry, later a pack full of upgraded ones ( PKM with 1pn58 nightscope for example ).

The RSS pack was mainly Counterstrike converted weapons the pack we work on atm is completely new, im afraid it isnt as perfect as Earls ( model wise ) but it will have only hig resolution textures so it doesnt look too bad tounge_o.gif

If we get an agreement from DKM we would love to have the Kord and NSV in the pack also  smile_o.gif

Two thumbs way up. Sounding excellent.

Quote[/b] ]PKM with 1pn58 nightscope for example

*Immense feeling of joy.*

AK

PKM with 1pn58 nightscope for example

... im afraid it isnt as perfect as Earls ( model wise ) but it will have only hig resolution textures so it doesnt look too bad tounge_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif

I will definitly love that!

Quote[/b] ]If we get an agreement from DKM we would love to have the Kord and NSV in the pack also  smile_o.gif

Dito! biggrin_o.gif

The Kord is sutch an excellent weapon for defending bases etc. Would be great you could get this agreement!

Mfg MEDICUS

Now, I don't know if this is outside the "Realm of Possibility" for anything less than a total conversion, but breaking down Mortars and the like for proper employement later, including things such as the NSV and KORD heavy machineguns for manpack - hopefully in a supporting role for an upcoming attack, I don't know if that's possible for anything less than the aforementioned Total Conversion. Surely, its not a lot of work, but it'd add a lot, I am sure of that. Perhaps it could be considered, after some of the more 'pressing' concerns have been taken care of - IE: newer tanks, if you've got 'em on the go, and these infantrymen.

AK

so are these guys close to done or just beta or something, they look fantastic guys, by far the best units ive seen for ofp.

A lil update

soldiers.jpg

soldier1.jpg

infantrynest2.jpg

infnest2.jpg

T-62 M1 with some anti RPG attachments

crewt62m1.jpg

Big thx to DKM for their OK to use the DshK and Kord in our Weap pack!

Absolutly stunning! wow_o.gif

These, together with HYK's US soldiers, will make for some really nice updates to Flashpoints soldier stable. smile_o.gif

Don't find the right words for that ..... just beautiful! wow_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Big thx to DKM for their OK to use the DshK and Kord in our Weap pack!
And that are definitly great news!  smile_o.gif

Great work ... and thx a lot!

MEDICUS

Thx everyone smile_o.gif

Btw, it may seem like all soldiers wear this beige flak vest bu thats because pics only show a few of the types from the final pack, most soldiers will have a more modern flak vest with cammo pattern like the Officers on the pics have it.

Feel free to post suggestions or critic, so we can discuss

Hmmm, perhaps i'm a little bit "oldschool", but i like that beige flak vest smile_o.gif Looks great!

are your units wearing the same VSR pattern like UCE's units?

only same in the sence it is VSR hehe, some will have the Flora B pattern

i really need to work on those anims someones missing a stomach in one of those pics biggrin_o.gif

Thx everyone  smile_o.gif

Btw, it may seem like all soldiers wear this beige flak vest bu thats because pics only show a few of the types from the final pack, most soldiers will have a more modern flak vest with cammo pattern like the Officers on the pics have it.

Feel free to post suggestions or critic, so we can discuss

These units look great, however I feel obligated to take you up on the critique offer...

Please take the RD-54 backpacks away from them. These packs are only available to VDV paratroopers and GRU Spetsnaz (and maybe some scout units); but the regular Motor-Rifle troops (and that's what your pack is) have to do with good old "sidor" packs (circa WWII). That's a mute point though, because the motor-rifle units keep their belongings in the vehicles and don't carry anything on their backs except for RPG/AGS assistants and such who have special packs. If you were to model those, I would have been most impressed.

Other than that, it looks like another outstanding production from RHS!

Peace,

DreDay

If all critiques/constructive criticism were as nice and well-worded as that, my job would be a lot easier. smile_o.gif

If all critiques/constructive criticism were as nice and well-worded as that, my job would be a lot easier. smile_o.gif

Refreshing.

Agreed smile_o.gif

DreDay thanks for making that point we will look into it biggrin_o.gif