Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

Red Hammer Studios

Anyway.. rest assured.. you won't be dissapointed.. it is great to have tank battles with resistance T-54/55's...

And the crews are one of the best units I have seen made for OFP.. wink_o.gif

Well NV´s are good to, but i more thought of Dust protection Goggles.

Yes but they are as rare as nv googles, never seen them in a pic... so i think its rater not representive

Yes but they are as rare as nv googles, never seen them in a pic... so i think its rater not representive

You will laugh at me but in Rambo 3 there was a scene with one, and it looked damn cool. biggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif

You will laugh at me

oh how right u are. Blackdog actually purchased a russian tanker hat with working NVG's but it turned out later that they were actually used by paratroops so as said b4 i havnt seen a tanker with either gogles or nvg's.

wow_o.gif Then make some Paratroopers that way  wow_o.gif

Just Take the Tanker you posted (1Month ago??)

and turn them into Paras  smile_o.gif

Can you post that pic again? if you know what i meen?

There where 3 versions Wood/desert/can´t remember nr3  biggrin_o.gif

They had Flakvests.

Why shouldnt they mount it on a almost 100% similar tanker cap?  rock.gif

Ok i must say i just saw it on drawings about soviet army gear however it would look nice, and i also think that in the soviet era some of the important tank units had them for sure.

Why shouldnt they mount it on a almost 100% similar tanker cap?  rock.gif

WHat the NVG´s?

Dunno to expansive  rock.gif

Maybe the paras are SF so they have higher priority to get better equipment?

Thats right but if we make addons with influence of the russian financial crisis then we dont need any An-94 rifles ( too expensive ) no Kasatkas ( too expensive ), no havocs ( too expensive in larger numbers ), and also no specops with nv googles or the modern gear who is availeable but not very coomon in the troops because of money shortage.

After all noone would cry i guess if there were a normal tanker and one with nv googles...maybe even a google one dunno...

Thats what i was thinking...every one is on the "everything needs to be 150% Realistical" TRIP.

Thats the point. Ofp won´t make so much fun without NV at night for example..Hell you couldn´t even fight good at night!

And i hope you guys will implant the NV and the Normal Goggles.

Would be really great

Quote[/b] ]Ofp won´t make so much fun without NV at night for example

They would still have the default night vision goggles provided by OFP.

To me its a bit of a trade off, if your in a tank in the middle of the day, I would bet there isnt a single self respecting tanker that would have NV mounted on his head. It would be too clumsy and bang into shit in the tight confines of an armored cabin (not to mention making looking through any persicopic device nearly impossible...at night, it would look OK, but (at least in my case) 90% of the missions I play are durring day hours when night vision isnt needed. You can use the default ones at night in game or you look silly in the day with new ones on. Infantry doesnt have much of a choice but to lug them around, but if your in a tank, I could see no reason to have them on unless it was dark and you were using them. May as well stow them in the cabin of the tank and avoid the hassle.

Since pulling off a decent pair of head mounted night vision goggles would add at least 100 polys (probably MUCH more), the trade off to make the units look good only at night just isnt worth it in my oppinion. Just my 2 cents.

Damn...i think we are talking about different things here.

All i want is a cool looking pair of Protective Eye Gear for the Tanker sad_o.gif

No new modeled NVG´s at all!

I think everyone get what you want Sxep  wink_o.gif  and im still not sure how it would look if we include it then it wouldnt be possible to take it off... its pretty sure that the tankers will be avble to take the caps off so maybe we also include the dust googles.

how about some kind of coughing effect if your standing to close to a firing tank(with dustwave script) and have the goggles up?

blues.gif

I don't like shit that clutters the menu or cough scripts............................ just my opinion though.

Yes right that is also why i didnt wanted them on the tankers, the possibility to take off the cap would only work via init line in the editor so maybe we also could make agoogles/no googles thingy...

he still hasn't posted a picture since none of us has ever seen russian tankers with goggles.

Well that would work ok i suppose cos i don't like all that stuff cluttering up the Action menu either

i dont think there is a need for goddles i have done a two day search and found no pics with russian tank crews with goggles

this is only eye protection i found

bmp0209_02.jpg

this is a great cargo position

bmp_ogon_0229.jpg

bmp_0222_01.jpg

mosb105_full.jpg

good pics of russian soldiers

thats where the pic from shadows avatar is from i always wondered about that

can we get this guy

rifle06.jpg

When your bored ..Sorry this is offtopic..read this.

an interesting site.

What really happens...

Allthrough it sounds crazy

EDIT: wow_o.gif I suggest some one reads this (link) and piches me in the arm pls wow_o.gif That guy has good arguments!

LOL Oh damn! hehehe Yeah pls!

rifle06.jpg

Well this aint a Tankcrewman

bmp_re_0221_01.jpg

But?

FOUND ONE!!!

bmp_re_0301.jpg

TAKE THAT BLACKDOG  biggrin_o.gif

And i think you don´t see Goggles very often because of these windshields

bmp_re_0310_01.jpg

Oh and whats this tanks name??

photo-cn01168.jpg

looks cool

THis would be a cool camo suit?

rifle_ap_0325_01.jpg

Or like the Guy left

naz06_full_zu23.jpg

T-62, actually. . . look at where the fume extractor is on the barrel.