Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

Red Hammer Studios

Sigma...was it you that did the leopard C2's?..and if so ..will they be getting a make over as well?

Well, actually, Peiper from BWmod made the Leopard 1 series, and I converted his Leopard 1A4 and 1A5 into the Canadian versions:

Leopard C1 (Leopard 1A3)

Leopard C2 (Leopard 1A5 with Canadian conformal turret armour)

Uparmoured Leopard C2 (Leopard 1A5 with applique armour rated to withstand a US M829A1 at 1km).

I really didn't do much to them except make them olive green, add the applique and the bustle to the C2 series (badly, I might add. . . it was only my 2nd OFP project, and sort of an experiment to learn what I could do) add Canadian markings, and edit the CPP values to be more realistic, and reflect Canadian ammo. (c6 coax, for one)

Yeah, they're getting a serious upgrade. I'm close to releasing a Leopard C1 that's totally remodelled and completely retextured and reconfigged. It does have Peiper's old interior though, but that's it.

Anyway, this is sort of off-topic. . . if you want to discuss the Leopard upgrades, make a separate thread for it, and I might be enticed to post some screens. (it's about 96% complete and looking and running sweetly).

Just ask some of the guys who have been working their asses off for months getting them ready for release, they'll tell you time and again what several months of working your ass off will do to a set of addons. . .

Not to mention what it will do to your ass wink_o.giftounge_o.gif

Well, actually, Peiper from BWmod made the Leopard 1 series, and I converted his Leopard 1A4 and 1A5 into the Canadian versions:

Leopard C1 (Leopard 1A3)

Leopard C2 (Leopard 1A5 with Canadian conformal turret armour)

Uparmoured Leopard C2 (Leopard 1A5 with applique armour rated to withstand a US M829A1 at 1km).

I really didn't do much to them except make them olive green, add the applique and the bustle to the C2 series (badly, I might add. . . it was only my 2nd OFP project, and sort of an experiment to learn what I could do) add Canadian markings, and edit the CPP values to be more realistic, and reflect Canadian ammo. (c6 coax, for one)

Yeah, they're getting a serious upgrade. I'm close to releasing a Leopard C1 that's totally remodelled and completely retextured and reconfigged. It does have Peiper's old interior though, but that's it.

Anyway, this is sort of off-topic. . . if you want to discuss the Leopard upgrades, make a separate thread for it, and I might be enticed to post some screens. (it's about 96% complete and looking and running sweetly).

mmmmmmm...no need fir its own thread now really ...you answered what was needed to know..they're getting a face lift to match your other great tanks (Im a big fan of them)..and thats great to hear (dunno why this would be off topic though rock.gif )...anyways...I do have one request...the sounds for the loepardC2's had two major glitches...1) there was a skip in the sound data that sounded like a scratched record skip,(was annoying after playing with them so long) and 2)...the sound of the engines was just too loud and low in frequency( it actually hurts the ears after awhile) some people actually refused to use them, simply because of the noise...thought you should know)...if you could eliminate that "skip" and lower the Db of the engine..it would be alot better. What I did was de-pbo it and swapped the engine wave file with another tank(could only find a ww2 tank wave file outta all these tanks which I thought was strange?...they're mostly all Ogg files??)...and it seemed too soothe my ear drums biggrin_o.gif ...enjoying them immensily now smile_o.gif.looking foward to yer nice new beasties with baited breath smile_o.gif

They'll still use ogg files, why would you only want a wav? if you wanted to change it, you'd just have to go into the config.cpp and rewrite the name of the file you want it to access.

--the sounds, BTW, are BWmod's. . . I quite like them personally, but I understand why you don't.

It's off-topic because this thread is about RHS, not Northstar.

OK, the site is updated for real this time... images on the left navigation menu are now text to increase loading time, as well as 2 new news posts.............................................................

We didn't like'em anyway (or at least i think tounge_o.gif) .... we might release them as an SDK like the AH-1 BAS did but I can't make any promises...

it has been delayed for so many times and for such a long time, that i actually don´t really care what it might be...

Allright, folks. Small hint about the big suprise that is coming with T-55 pack: "It's name starts with B and ends with E". Over and out . :]

B-EMP-E?

Bees? A bee addon? Lotsa buzzing and stinging?

Brie? No, that would be the French mod.

OK, I give. crazy_o.gif

B-Beta Release-E of something your working on right now?

I seriosuly have no idea, please enlighten us wink_o.gif

Lol i dont even see where this letters appear in the bonus pack  rock.gif   tounge_o.gif

About the crews, well... at first i wanna say i love sucheys naval forces great work i just play with em when i make a mission, BUT the tankers are not really what i have in mind when i think of a russian tank crew.

So i had a long talk with some members and i think we have two options atm.

First is release the tanks with sucheys tanker and leave it that way.

Or option two release it with sucheys but make it a rhs_crew.pbo so it can be replaced later.

The old crew is not completly forgotten cause from its look it really looks like a russian tank crew, so we need to see if we can fix them but lots of lil things need to be done cause the base we used was not too good.

One thing is sure they wont come with the tanks if we decide to release them soon, so i would more bet on the update option.

On the other hand everyone can see it that way...the more time we need for the first release the more time we have finish all the other stuff in the meantime...means lots of releases in very short time later  smile_o.gif

I know that some are a bit disapointed about the tanks still not released, and in fact they could already be released if i wouldnt keep them back till they are 110% perfect.

Its much better to have a perfect addon than one with bugs... hope thats not only my opinion.

Yes i can understand the delay to try and make them bug free because no one really likes an addons with too many bugs but remeber "Good things come to those who wait".

So take your time and make them as good as possible

The time is not just use for bug fixing, it also gives us the ability of adding new ideas.

Like my idea of giving the Rebel tanks FIA markings and handpainted looking numbers wich really looks great ( thanks to Soul_Assassin ).

Maybe we also can make it possible to set Jihad markings on them like some Chechen rebel tanks have it.

Well 1 half of me is shouting RELEASE IT GOD DAMNIT!!

But the other again is saying ...take your time and make them perfect.

...i have a bidding *layes down on knees* Please make a tanker with Goggles! sad_o.gif

Oh ok sounds like an cool idea nice little details like that add more Atmosphere to an mission and the Addon overall. And Shadow the Certain File you wanted is ready

Oh I don´t mind the wait, I feel like I´ve given up already and don´t care anymore... wink_o.gif

Just kidding, take your time and make them perfect, there´s no rush...

I would love to see them with nv googles on the caps but not everyone thinks like me rock.gif