soul_assassin

Red Hammer Studios

look @ shadow's avatar, has the guy googles? tounge_o.gif

the crew will look like this

look @ shadow's avatar, has the guy googles? tounge_o.gif

the crew will look like this

good observation ;)

Wauw! any chance to get the crew with goggles?  ghostface.gif

No ! Please don´t add that annoying and useless action "Raise Goggles" and "Lower Goggles" smile_o.gif

Looking good smile_o.gif

sorry....useless??

BAS made them useFUL!! they added a scirpt that effected the soldier if he was or was not wearing them. Thats a nice little feature. They arent useless.

Don´t think I didn´t see that before, you think it´s useful I think it´s sacrificing gameplay above a minor little feature that adds a bit of realism.

...Maybe make it permanent on 1 - 2 crew´s ?

I agree with that, I see no problem if they are static or at least make them so only mission makers can activate them when they want.

So what.

I don't see the problem of just ONE line in the Action menu. Where do you sacrifice gameplay there? I wouldn't want to miss that feature. I see the problem when you have a chopper where you can move every tiny part and then have 4-5 lines in the action menu. But that one line... and I am sure your computer can manage that. Better don't use Inquisitors high LAG weapons on them. That's what is slowing down your computer.

So what.

I don't see the problem of just ONE line in the Action menu. Where do you sacrifice gameplay there? I wouldn't want to miss that feature. I see the problem when you have a chopper where you can move every tiny part and then have 4-5 lines in the action menu. But that one line...  and I am sure your computer can manage that. Better don't use Inquisitors high LAG weapons on them. That's what is slowing down your computer.

Who talked about the action slowing down the computer ?

I talked about gameplay, what I´m referring to is that you have this Action in your action menu that serves really no major purpose in the game. It is positioned on the top of your action menu and when you really need to do a REALLY important action that is below it you tend to miss, and lose time so when you are in life-or-death situation you tend to die. There are other useless action in the menu like "Put your gun on your back" but this action is on the bottom and cannot be erased without changing the game engine.

I didn't only write about slowing down the computer.

And yes I had this problem. For maybe five minutes then I got used to it. The only life saving action I use is reload which I can access via the keyboard.

But for the trouble I got a real cool feature and with the BAS script I even got a reason to use it.

As I said when there are many lines in your action menu I share your opinion. But one line doesn't do any bad. And I really don't know what oh so important action I could miss because of it. Enter vehicles is often somewhere in the lower part of the menu too.

The relative postion of "livesavers" in the action menu can make a difference and adding fancy stuff to the action menu can screw up gameplay on certain occasions. On the other hand i personally think this should not be over-emphasized; how many times did you find the time to scroll down to "eject" before turning your chopper into a smoking scrapheap?

There are many ways to die in OFP, and not executing the livesaver action in time is just another challenge in OFP do or die moments. Also, those addonmakers who actually create and release these addons which continue to stretch the boundaries of the OFP engine are spending waaaaay more time thinking about these action menus then I am anyhow. I trust their STOTAT and their effort.

And oh, RHS, this will be the very first time i'll do this in this forum:

WHEN CAN I DOWNLOAD MY F***ING TANKS?

;-)

TopCover

I didn't only write about slowing down the computer.

And yes I had this problem. For maybe five minutes then I got used to it. The only life saving action I use is reload which I can access via the keyboard.

But for the trouble I got a real cool feature and with the BAS script I even got a reason to use it.

As I said when there are many lines in your action menu I share your opinion. But one line doesn't do any bad. And I really don't know what oh so important action I could miss because of it. Enter vehicles is often somewhere in the lower part of the menu too.

Now supose you are under attack and are retreating to a Helicopter. You get close to the helicopter and the "Get in" action pops up below the "Raise Goggles" action so in the rush you activate the "Raise Goggles" instead of "Get in" and in the confusion you still ask yourself what happened you didn´t get in the chopper or instead you try again. By that time you may be dead.

Even worse you get close to the chopper and the action "Open Door" or "Open Window" pop up plus the "Get in" and the "Raise Goggles" action, now you have quite a problem there.

Exactly, the "get in" command is a lifesaver too. A lot of times you have to sprint to a moving APC and try to enter it to get cover when an MG is shooting at you. Then the action menu starts screwing around and the "get in" command only flashes on the screen. The last thing you need is a lower goggles command on top of the get in.

As I said - I don't like too many action. But one doesn't do any bad. I know on BAS Rangers/Deltas the topmost action is raise/lower goggles. You can easily get used to it.

But I think we won't agree on this topic so let's talk about something else. Will we ever get an RHS AddOn?  tounge_o.gif j/k

OK little video...nothin special. nice touch with the music, though wink_o.gif

it was 64mb when i had to download it ;)

yeah... figured i might as well put in the music... dunno why. it makes the video lovlier i guess (if that's even a word)

56k link (3.24mb)

Reminds me a Quentin Tarantino movie or something - where the carnage on the screen is juxtaposed by a happy soundtrack. Cool video, the tanks look great.