Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

Red Hammer Studios

I dont like the trouble about the Havocs...

DKM better let the textures be like they are now so the cammo/style will fit to the other DKM addons.

We decided to use foto style textures and keep our other stuff the same way so it wont look as an stylemix.

Just my 2cents... sad_o.gif

Guest DKM-jaguar

I know what you mean, shadow, but it would appear that some poeple wont stop complaining that our version is crap already and i have just about had enough of it. It seems they are drawing comparisons with the intention of starting some form of....hostility between DKM and RHS. People should realise that although the addons are made widly available, they are not the sole customers. We make the addons so we can play with them. If you, the public dont like them, thats fine. we are not in some form of popularity contest and we will not conform to your every whim.

I love both of them, it's nice to have some variety on the choppers. I am sure they will both be equally good, i do not doubt the competence of neither team, especially not DKM since i know what they can do if they put their minds to it smile_o.gif

I know what you mean, shadow, but it would appear that some poeple wont stop complaining that our version is crap already and i have just about had enough of it. It seems they are drawing comparisons with the intention of starting some form of....hostility between DKM and RHS. People should realise that although the addons are made widly available, they are not the sole customers. We make the addons so we can play with them. If you, the public dont like them, thats fine. we are not in some form of popularity contest and we will not conform to your every whim.

Calm down... where do you read people saying your Havoc is crap???

See it that way we make the stuff like we want it, no matter what others say and so you should keep it.

The Commanche was brilliant for example and if those other Commanche someone has in the making is released the same thing starts again, thats life wink_o.gif

Oh and i think there is no doubt that there is no hostility between our two teams, maybe we even could work together on some stuff...

those other Commanche someone has in the making

this "someone" is BAS... they have to work hard and for a long time, if they want to make a rah66 which is nearly as good as ours...

Oh and i think there is no doubt that there is no hostility between our two teams, maybe we even could work together on some stuff...

Bingo! smile_o.gif

Guest DKM-jaguar

I would love that.

"We are the wooorld, we are the children we are the ones to make a better day just you and i" *cry* so beutiful. Let's all hug for community peace.

Seriously good that there is no hostility between these two great teams. That's one thing that is bad with add-on making. Sometimes it seems as a competition about who can do the best things. Both teams keep up the excellent work and remember "We are the world we are the children, we are the ones to make a better... ugh who am i kidding....."

I envy you guys who can make addons~! I really hope i could have the same talent to make a addon, but i dont know how to do those 3d things at all. Keepp the good work~~ biggrin_o.gif

I envy you guys who can make addons~!   I really hope i could have the same talent to make a addon, but i dont know how to do those 3d things at all.  Keepp the good work~~ biggrin_o.gif

Lol.. Just download O2 .. follow some tuts :P and then you can also model !! Then learn to make textures and some basic cpp and you should be able to make some nice addons too wink_o.gif

Still hard for a single cell animal like me to learn it tounge_o.gifcrazy_o.gifsad_o.giftounge_o.gif

those other Commanche someone has in the making

this "someone" is BAS... they have to work hard and for a long time, if they want to make a rah66 which is nearly as good as ours...

brsseb , and what do you mean nearly as good as ours

are you making a RAH-66?  rock.gif

I envy you guys who can make addons~!   I really hope i could have the same talent to make a addon, but i dont know how to do those 3d things at all.  Keepp the good work~~ biggrin_o.gif

Make missions, not addons. smile_o.gif

I can make models in 3DSmax but they are basically crap. And i never botherd to learn o2... anyways cute QA like your wallpaper smile_o.gif

Keep it up all you crazy modders biggrin_o.gif

Hey, they both look great. Well done RHS, you guys have always had my respect becuase you are working on stuff that is not just the same old US stuff. I really hope this project works out for you.

i wold prefer to see this helcicopter fighting DKM's RAH66! that would be great!

once again, good work Red Hammer Studios!

Ours, BTW is going very well, and i would apreiciate it if you didnt spit on the hard work of my colleuges by drawing comparisons on products that arent finished and you dont know jack about, thank you very much  biggrin_o.gif.

It seems people are always putting DKM down, until they produce stuff like the RAH66, which is probably the best heli for OFP so far. Oh, but you want to forget  that...

Edit: after reading some of those posts that were comparing the two, the comparers didn't even know the correct position of the rear wheel, but yet still think they can evaluate our addon against some grainy old pics! Just what is your problem with DKM? why always trying to say "they are ok, but this is better..." when you cant tell that from screen shots. Anyway, this is about RHS, so lets not make it into  "have a go at DKM" day.  rock.gif

I wasn't trying to compare the two to eachother. The only reason I did a side by side comparison was because canadianterror said something mean about rhs mi28 and how it didnt look good.

i am sure your mi-28 will be a great addition to OFP, along with the RHS one. thats why i put the little 'disclaimer' below the picture.

sheesh.

Quote[/b] ]Edit: after reading some of those posts that were comparing the two, the comparers didn't even know the correct position of the rear wheel, but yet still think they can evaluate our addon against some grainy old pics! Just what is your problem with DKM?

I didn't do comparing sad_o.gif

and i think people just want to help addon maker to find mistake place smile_o.gif

Sorry about that Jaguar, I didn't mean to start a war or something. I'm just saying the textures on your's is a bit too cartoonish, but I never said that your's is worse. Some people may not like how the RHS one doesn't fit in with the OFP world b/c of the photo textures, really depends on someone's taste. Hopefully your's will have loads of cool scripts tho, that's what I'm really looking forward to in your addon. smile_o.gif

Guest DKM-jaguar

I wasnt mad at any single person, it's just the general attitude of people toward our model. Today I have been around so many forums saying "dont bother with DKM's one, just download RHS's" [not quite like that, but they basically meant that.] It just gets to me, as people said exactly the same thing about the comparison between our and BAS's RAH66. The hours and months of work on these things.. it is incredible. Of course you can have your opinions on how it looks and which seems to have the most work put into it, but when people go slagging addons off without a clue what they are on about, it pisses me off no end.

And if there is one thing I can promise, this MI28 will have so much stuff it will look like it came out of a dedicated game like Apache Vs Havoc biggrin_o.gif

But I really do like RHS's and I would love to coperate with them in the near future with some of ourt projects.

I wasnt mad at any single person, it's just the general attitude of people toward our model. Today I have been around so many forums saying "dont bother with DKM's one, just download RHS's" [not quite like that, but they basically meant that.] It just gets to me, as people said exactly the same thing about the comparison between our and BAS's RAH66. The hours and months of work on these things.. it is incredible. Of course you can have your opinions on how it looks and which seems to have the most work put into it, but when people go slagging addons off without a clue what they are on about, it pisses me off no end.

And if there is one thing I can promise, this MI28 will have so much stuff it will look like it came out of a dedicated game like Apache Vs Havoc  biggrin_o.gif  

But I really do like RHS's and I would love to coperate with them in the near future with some of ourt projects.

That game sucked/s smile_o.gif

And wasn't it Commanche vs Hokum? Maybe I'm thinking of a different game...

Guest DKM-jaguar

Yes, you are thinking of a diferent game.

i think it was quite good. My point is, it will have many more features than RAH66 did and not just for show, i mean practicle ones. Opening all the windows and having a "use cupholder" action is all very nice, but it really isnt that usefull.

No offence to any addon with a cup holder!! biggrin_o.gif

I never said anything mean about the chopper, I said the original tank preview wasnt that exciting.(the tanks look good, they just dont look much different)

I said the mi-28 looked good actually(real good!)

Please get my rants in order if you are going to use them at a later date!  biggrin_o.gif

Both choppers are wonderful.

And I will download both when they are ready.

One thing: DKM´s Comanche is the best helicopter for OFP.

There is no chance that the new MI-28 could be bad or something like that.

I know it will be great!

Go on with that fantastic work, DKM and RHS!

MfG Lee