Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

Red Hammer Studios

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Soul_Assassin @ 21 May 2003,21:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ok here is what I propose, lets get people involved in our team  biggrin.gif  from now until saturday whoever comes up with the best name for the new group will have the privelage of joining the Beta Team  biggrin.gif . Fire away people<span id='postcolor'>

Red Star Studios biggrin.gif

i dont know... i think Red Star studios is good. You could be something like CCCP Studios or CCCP soldiers (i personallly like the first one, unless CCCP is alredy taken)

the_unknown_one

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ 21 May 2003,20:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Soul_Assassin @ 21 May 2003,21:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ok here is what I propose, lets get people involved in our team biggrin.gif from now until saturday whoever comes up with the best name for the new group will have the privelage of joining the Beta Team biggrin.gif . Fire away people<span id='postcolor'>

Red Star Studios biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I already explained y we need to change the name... y u people make such a big deal confused.gif after all it is in no way going to affect the addons we produse...

i think Red Elite Studios is the best name. 'cos we have to change the name. it is our deal with sga...

When i read all this trouble about this merging of teams it makes me and my team feel like the unwelcome guests on this party.

For example when two companys are merging they mostly use a new name which shows that there a new big player together.

Sooner or later the new brand will be as popular as their old.

If all this confusion goes on this way i think its better to let things be like they were and thats it...

Anyway i must say im not pleased with the way Stalker announced this and i wasnt asked if its the right time, im sure it wasnt.

just my 2cents

Band Of Comrades

Soviet Addon Academy

Kremlin Graphics Bureau (KGB)

Soviet Order of Flashpoint Addons (SOFA)

Revolutionary Addons Cooperative

Flashpoint Addons Gulag (FAG)

Please keep realistc people, most of that sounds more like an Clan name.

I like Red Elite Studios, but Soul and some others said people would think that sounds arrogant confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shadow NX @ 21 May 2003,21:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">When i read all this trouble about this merging of teams it makes me and my team feel like the unwelcome guests on this party.

For example when two companys are merging they mostly use a new name which shows that there a new big player together.

If all this confusion goes on this way i think its better to let things be like they were and thats it...

Anyway i must say im not pleased with the way Stalker announced this and i wasnt asked if its the right time, im sure it wasnt.

just my 2cents<span id='postcolor'>

I disagree with practically everything you said.

You yourself said:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The fact noone ever heard from us is good, it means our Security worked<span id='postcolor'>

The reason why I'm for keeping the name is simple:

1. Everyone knows the name Red Star Studios Already

2. RSS's banner and logos are already recongnized and associated with quality addons.

I recognize SGA's banner but I cannot relate it to anything specific. But according to your own quote, that was somewhat intentional on SGA's part.

There's nothing insulting about 2 great teams merging and retaining the better known name and image. It's done in business all the time.

You won't be any less considered by having your name associated with RSS.

However, if this is really such a fuss, then go ahead and change the name.

As for the overall idea of merging, it's great! Between all of you together on one top-notch team, the synergies should really result in great work.

Don't hesitate to merge over a name, whether it's kept or changed.

smile.gif

One proposed by corporal_punishment was:

Uncle Stalin's Addons -> USA biggrin.gif

Youre right Avon, but believe me after the new pics and website redesign you will know the new name ( whatever it will be ) as well and it will be burned into your mind  tounge.gif

However the way this merging was announced was not the best way i think  confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shadow NX @ 21 May 2003,20:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">When i read all this trouble about this merging of teams it makes me and my team feel like the unwelcome guests on this party.

just my 2cents<span id='postcolor'>

Sorry if I have offended u and your team in some way. I didn't mean this. Sorry confused.gif

And I really thing that Red Elite Studios won't go. Eastern Block Studios, Easter Block Addon Studios (EBAS= Eastern BAS tounge.gif ), Lenin's Forge Productions will sound better IMO.

About merging. I take my words back. We haven't merged. Forget about it people. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif Let Shadow NX announce it like he wants (no sarcasm, just a proposition)

Shadow and Stalker, I suggest you guys shmooz this out in private and just glance back here for some other name suggestions until you decide on one for sure.

Whatever it is, we'll indeed all get to know it well in no time, I'm sure.

Heres some ideas...

-Red Hammer Addons

(retains some of the old name but gives a new flavor)

-Soviet Strike Addons

-Red Bear Studios

-Iron Curtain Studios

-Red Steel Studios

Most of these retain some sort of 'Cold War' feel...not sure if your after that effect or not, but just a few ideas off of the top of my head.

Hammer & Sickle Studios (HSS)

Hammer & Sickle Addon Studios (HSAS)

Red Storm Studios (RSS wink.gif)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suchey @ 21 May 2003,21:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Heres some ideas...

-Red Hammer Addons<span id='postcolor'>

Hmm, how about Red Hammer Studios?

And about the confusion here, dont see me as the bad guy here, i just wanted to say we could have that announcement more strategic...so far noone knew this is going to be posted today.

The merging is done, the news are posted lets live with it and make the best out of it

I like Red Hammer Studios as well I think we will end the discussion here.

Since Sychey is the winner he gets to beta test, but hey wait a sec...Suchey already was a beta tester so...too bad for anyone else

Well, a little perestroika never happens without a little pain... as long as Spetsnaz aren't sent to raid the parliament, you should be alright.

This looks like the repeating 1993 seige of the white house in moscow

Everyone against the wall...those with clean hands will be shot.

you know what, I think Red Star Studios is still the best name. If you havent merged then dont change it but Red Star just plain sounds way cooler. biggrin.gif