Sign in to follow this  
stburr91

[SP] D-Day Paratrooper

Normandy, June 6, 1944. 

On the eve of the invasion, Ally paratroopers are dropped behind German lines to secure key road junctions, and bridges.

Your team is tasked with securing a bridge just south of Cerisy La Salle, and holding it until reinforcements can relieve you. 

You will jump into the dropzone south of your target, move to the bridge area, and neutralize the enemy fortified positions, and secure the bridge. 

Link to Mission 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3021883274

Single Player Mission

No mods required, Spearhead 1944 CDLC is required

Mission play time is about 45 minutes

This Mission uses the Normandy map from the CDLC, so the location for the mission is not historically accurate.

Your position will not be shown on the map in this mission, you will be required to navigate overland in low visibility, so this mission may not be for everyone.

Preview video

DUOo6uy.jpg

UE5zPlE.jpg

6aehakN.jpg

8QPCmLl.jpg

FL9jnt4.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This is awesome! Putting this on my TODO list for this weekend.

Looks good man, lovin' the atmosphere.

6 hours ago, kaject said:

This is awesome! Putting this on my TODO list for this weekend.

I'm wondering how people will like this mission, it requires land navigation in low visibility. I did give compass bearings in the task descriptions, so be sure to check those. My advice is, move carefully, keep checking your compass, and make sure your AI teammates are still with you (AI pathing isn't great on the Normandy map). Also, make sure you have subtitles turned on. 

5 hours ago, EO said:

Looks good man, lovin' the atmosphere.

Thanks, it took a lot of testing to get the atmosphere just right, I ended up using both the Spearhead fog, and triggers to adjust the amount vanilla Arma fog.  

• Like 1