Sign in to follow this  
peanuckle_00

The iraq pack released!

Okay so I've compiled all the desert addons so that when you want to make multiplayer missions you don't have to provide tons of links for all your pals who want to play with you. I gave it an iraqi theme to keep current with what's going on right now and the iraq pack is born. There's an iraqi army, desert vehicles for both sides, some buildings(targets) but the only thing you won't find is American desert bdu soldiers. That is left up to you to decide who you want to fight Iraq with. You could go with BAS, you could go with SEB, whomever you go with is up to you to make the pack smaller. Credits have been given out to the respective addon makers and I hope all goes smoothly in that area. None of the files have been edited from their original purpose.

Edit: the pack will be hosted at the site www.ofpgamer.com in about an hour. It is now 7pm pacific time.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (peanuckle_00 @ Mar. 03 2003,03:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Okay so I've compiled all the desert addons so that when you want to make multiplayer missions you don't have to provide tons of links for all your pals who want to play with you.  I gave it an iraqi theme to keep current with what's going on right now and the iraq pack is born.  There's an iraqi army, desert vehicles for both sides, some buildings(targets) but the only thing you won't find is American desert bdu soldiers.  That is left up to you to decide who you want to fight Iraq with.  You could go with BAS, you could go with SEB, whomever you go with is up to you to make the pack smaller.  Credits have been given out to the respective addon makers and I hope all goes smoothly in that area.  None of the files have been edited from their original purpose.

Edit:  the pack will be hosted at the site www.ofpgamer.com in about an hour.  It is now 7pm pacific time.<span id='postcolor'>

Kewl! Sounds like a good pack... Just curious but is the Iraqi Army guys a new addon someone made or just an old one that has been touched up? I've been waiting ages for someone to make a good Iraqi Army addon.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

In terms of age its old. I however never heard of it before i caught up with my pal "the man" on gamespy. I told him to get msn so he could send it to me to finish off the iraq pack. It took some time but he did and thats when I knew the pack was complete. By the way this pack requires ofp 1.91

1.91? NOOOOOOOOO!

1.91 is a Beta! Not everyone has it installed!

1.90 please! crazy.gif

Ox I haven't tested out whether or not it will work with 1.90 but I have this feeling that it will. Until results can be verified I will however still keep with the latest update just to be safe, beta or not. You can test it to see for sure.

OK, I'll try it out under 1.90 and let you know if I have any problems. wink.gif

Does this have actual Iraq infantry or something new like that or is it just every desert unit ever made for the US side?

EDIT: Finally! Someone made Iraq troops! I have 90% of the other stuff but that alone was worth it.

smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Garritos @ Mar. 03 2003,08:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Does it have these fellas in it??<span id='postcolor'>

Are there any documented pics where modern Iraqi soldiers are wearing ka'afiya head covers?

not that I know of, infact I find it really hard to find any Iraqi infantry pictures on the net.  All I can ever find are armored pictures but I must admit I havent spent alot of time researching.  These guys were accually released almost a year ago but they are still the only iraqi infantry i have found for ofp.  I hope to release a mission soon containing BAS deltas and my own "iraq pack", I hope I can find more accurate infantry before I release it.

They do wear headcovers in bad weather such as sandstorms.

Sounds good.. How realistic is this BTW? Do the Iraqis drop their weapon and flee or surrender when they see you? Does an error message occur when French and Iraqi soldiers are placed on the same map as opposing sides in the ME? Do the Iraqi divisions make massive retreats and loot and pillage their own villages en route? Has the bell tower sound been replaced with an Allah-ou-Ahkbar (sp) ??

These may seem trivial to some, but I feel OFP is at its best when realism is up there, so I had to ask. wink.gif

Konyak

hmm.. nice to see a Iraq pack, will there be a West gulf unit pack also soon?

if yet, i should wait because there is somthing new coming (not from BAS)

A great idea as it is, I see no enthusiasm in this pack... to me it is just a collection of addons...

Maby the guys who made this (Was it you Peanuckle?) could mail all of the addon's authors and ask them if you could compile it into an "uberpbo" utilising the ability to add custom vehicle classes to "clean it up" like having all of the Iraqi soldiers under "Iraqi - Men" rather than mixed in with the normal man class...

and getting the nameing sorted into the "officially" recognised military formats... like M163 Vulcan, rather then vulcan and so on...

A great start, but maby a little more effort in getting this into a proper pack that can run smoothly, and with the maximum realism available

I think those Iraqi Soldier's came with a Desert Island or something like that.

Of course, the first work of a Gulf War mod also reminds me of them...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (OxPecker @ Mar. 02 2003,21:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">1.91? NOOOOOOOOO!

1.91 is a Beta! Not everyone has it installed!

1.90 please! crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

confused.gif You can safely install 1.91, just because its "beta" doesn't mean it's not better than 1.90. smile.gif

Safely? Even though BIS states it is a beta and cannot take responsibilty for any problems an install might cause?

Even though I know people who have had problems with it, and have seen numerous problems posted here?

No thanks, I'll wait for a non-beta patch thanks. I'll just go without addons requiring 1.91 until then. wink.gif

Dead meat I agree with you completely. I don't have the capability to clean this up but I did the best i could to release a nice compilation. I know any of you could do better giving these things their own class in the editor and everything. So please do. When that pack comes out I'm going to ditch this one.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (OxPecker @ Mar. 04 2003,02:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Safely? Even though BIS states it is a beta and cannot take responsibilty for any problems an install might cause?

Even though I know people who have had problems with it, and have seen numerous problems posted here?

No thanks, I'll wait for a non-beta patch thanks. I'll just go without addons requiring 1.91 until then.  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

when you buy the game it says they are not responsible for anything that happens to your pc i have been using 1.91 sense it came out and it works fine smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SGTKOPP @ Mar. 16 2003,16:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i have been using 1.91 sense it came out and it works fine smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Ditto.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Konyak-2 @ Mar. 03 2003,13:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sounds good..   How realistic is this BTW?   Do the Iraqis drop their weapon and flee or surrender when they see you?   Does an error message occur when French and Iraqi soldiers are placed on the same map as opposing sides in the ME?   Do the Iraqi divisions make massive retreats and loot and pillage their own villages en route?   Has the bell tower sound been replaced with an Allah-ou-Ahkbar (sp) ??  

These may seem trivial to some, but I feel OFP is at its best when realism is up there, so I had to ask.     wink.gif

Konyak<span id='postcolor'>

Umm....I guess you're joking about all that...but I'll take the bell sound seriously. smile.gif

Actually what you're talking about is the Azan, pronounced "Athan" with a strong 'th". It's the call to prayer.

I think you guys are taking it all way too stereotypically...and judging Islam by the people and not by the religion itself. People such as Saddam pretend to be true muslims, but you'll soon find out the truth.

But still...I don't think Saddam will allow that in his army, since he talked about himself as being God, and everybody should submit to him. In every home, there should be a picture of saddam no smaller than 22 inches on the wall. Plus, every year they go to the rich people's houses and steal all money and/or take away their property.

Anyway, I personally would only be satisfied with this Iraq Pack if it's totally realistic. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Konyak-2 @ Mar. 03 2003,13:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sounds good..   How realistic is this BTW?   Do the Iraqis drop their weapon and flee or surrender when they see you?   Does an error message occur when French and Iraqi soldiers are placed on the same map as opposing sides in the ME?   Do the Iraqi divisions make massive retreats and loot and pillage their own villages en route?   Has the bell tower sound been replaced with an Allah-ou-Ahkbar (sp) ??  

These may seem trivial to some, but I feel OFP is at its best when realism is up there, so I had to ask.     wink.gif

Konyak<span id='postcolor'>

Allahu Akhbar means "God is great!". It's also the thing Muslim suicide bombers yell before blowing themselves up in some market.