Sign in to follow this  
Tvrdi

Price of the game....demo

30€ for a game which is barely a demo and with basic functions is a bit too much. How come they didnt lower the price since there are barely 620 players peak on steam? And since it is obvious now that its just an early showcase, nothing like a full game with all the features. Its a shame and it can only harm future sales of ARMA4.

But it is a demo as you said, and they only have 2 people working on it. And it has countless bugs and network errors, plus a ton of lag. Arma 4 will be the same. Bohemia peaked at Arma 2.

I agree. ARMA 2 was the peak. Im 47 and I remember first Operation flashpoint very well. It was a groundbreaking combat sim. A big step forward in that genre. this is just an embarrassment in every way. Yeah, some features are advanced but thats it. Theres nothing to be hyped ybout.

I am not sure what your aim is here other than to spread toxicity as

I can tell you going from 200 peak players to 600 players means BI is doing the hard work and

it is showing in the player count and that is precisely why they are not giving us "content" as that is easy

and they have clearly comunicated that its a new engine that needs to be tweaked.

So BI keep hammering out those bugs and knock every argument out of these toxic jokers. 😉 

• Like 1

On 5/28/2023 at 5:14 AM, Tvrdi said:

I remember first Operation flashpoint very well. It was a groundbreaking combat sim. A big step forward in that genre. this is just an embarrassment in every way.

Your comparing apples to oranges, OFP was an entire game itself not a "testbed" for the "next game" like Reforger is its a difference in perspective,

plus consider that BI went from working on the engine they created to a new engine.

Considering all the updates they've had and issues they fixed even the couple i reported months back im pretty impressed on how far it has come, the game

yes it is still a game is pretty big regardless of the lack of content aside the many new maps created by modders among other things.

The game is also gorgeous if you have the hardware to support it, your imagination can do wonders here, dont let yourself be to spoiled

where you cant appreciate what you got because you've played other games with more content or features most especially Arma 3 and its predecessors.

$30 is crap your paying pennies for an insane amount of coding and models, you can spend that and more on a Saturday night with your friends

and you get a meal that lasts you what 3-4hrs?

Whereas you've got software developers spending thousands of hours, working on a complex system of code and models

on an engine their still learning and developing.

You must be broke because $30 is nothing for what BI has given us, you have the choice to buy it or not. Unless you've built mods, maps, or have written scripts

in the other Arma games then you really dont have an idea of what time consuming work it is to create something then discover there is a bug in it number 1

and then number 2 how to solve that bug, been there done that.

I'll give you $30, its not about the numbers its about whats behind making a game like this possible.

We are only at the beginning of AR in its development, with the updates constantly coming out and their long lists of fixes, changes, among other things,

imo BI is doing what their supposed to be doing, there isn't another game imo that pushes updates like BI does that i have played.

Even Arma 3 is ....still getting updates consistently to this day since .... 2013!, imo your getting more then your money's worth,

give it time it will come around more content will come, as things get upgraded, fixed, and more optimized it will be easier for everyone BI

and modders to get more content in the game.

Arma 3 was the same way and look at where its now, give it time, the way BI is going at it, it will refine itself into a good game.

Also multiplayer isn't the only thing to do in the game, go into game master place a player and a jeep set the time of day and go travel the map

or some of the new maps modders created, compared to Arma 3 AR has some more immersive elements that only Arma 3 wishes it had.

Fair points but still, a year after release the game is forcing windowed mode and crashes often. Even on stronger rigs as I heard. 30€ is the price in EU. Salaries in eastern/central europe are pathetic so 30€ is like 200$ for you. I will gladly take your generous offer to gift me a steam key of Arma reforger so I can try it and report bugs to devs (thats all I can do to repay). I will send you a PM on this forum.

It is quite reasonable for 30 euros for the game, and Enfusion workbench software. I knew from the very beginning (Day 1) what I was buying, and understood it was a test bed for the new engine. Something I gladly support.

It is quite playable now. Don't know about your forced window mode. Never had that issue. Crashes? Sure it crashes, but that is to be expected in not only early access, but trying to develop the new engine.

My game runs pretty well. I have a server up and running with some pretty good results. I've changed my steam recommendation to no to yes as a result of the latest updates to the game. It has improved vastly from a year ago. I hope they meet their milestones in the next year, and we can look forward to ARMA IV soon after.

• Like 2

Many are reporting game forcing windowed mode. Saw in some forum and youtube comments. If I set full screen it still forces windowed mode.

Maybe a fix to the forced windowed mode issue :

Go to settings, set the Window mode to "Windowed" (if it isn't already).
Then lower your resolution to something like 1280x720 (something smaller than your screen).
Switch back to "Borderless fullscreen" in Window Mode.
Now set the render scale to 100%.

Now the game should stay in borderless fullscreen forever. Just don't touch the Window mode option anymore, or that will make the issue come back. If it does just repeat the procedure.

55 minutes ago, Shurilex said:

Maybe a fix to the forced windowed mode issue :

Go to settings, set the Window mode to "Windowed" (if it isn't already).
Then lower your resolution to something like 1280x720 (something smaller than your screen).
Switch back to "Borderless fullscreen" in Window Mode.
Now set the render scale to 100%.

Now the game should stay in borderless fullscreen forever. Just don't touch the Window mode option anymore, or that will make the issue come back. If it does just repeat the procedure.

Thanks BTW, there is an issue with running, players can run like they are olympic gold medalists and the fatigue is almost not there. Feels like its not milsim but some fps arcade. Also desync is sometimes horrible.

That is because the "Stamina" model is not being applied yet. It may not be built yet, or applied yet.

Y'all have to understand that lots of components are not plugged in to the engine yet. They are DEVELOPING them. You all need to get a clue.

For example, the flight model. Sure there are helicopters on the workshop, but have you noticed flying is a total pain. That's because the flight model is not in the game. The guys creating the helo's have done a fantastic job, but without the proper aerodynamics, and flight modelling, it's very hard to work correctly.

Still has constant disconnects and session errors long after release. They need to fix this first, maybe in 8 months, they could add more content.

On 5/30/2023 at 3:02 AM, Gunter Severloh said:

Your comparing apples to oranges, OFP was an entire game itself not a "testbed" for the "next game" like Reforger is its a difference in perspective,

plus consider that BI went from working on the engine they created to a new engine.

Considering all the updates they've had and issues they fixed even the couple i reported months back im pretty impressed on how far it has come, the game

yes it is still a game is pretty big regardless of the lack of content aside the many new maps created by modders among other things.

The game is also gorgeous if you have the hardware to support it, your imagination can do wonders here, dont let yourself be to spoiled

where you cant appreciate what you got because you've played other games with more content or features most especially Arma 3 and its predecessors.

$30 is crap your paying pennies for an insane amount of coding and models, you can spend that and more on a Saturday night with your friends

and you get a meal that lasts you what 3-4hrs?

Whereas you've got software developers spending thousands of hours, working on a complex system of code and models

on an engine their still learning and developing.

You must be broke because $30 is nothing for what BI has given us, you have the choice to buy it or not. Unless you've built mods, maps, or have written scripts

in the other Arma games then you really dont have an idea of what time consuming work it is to create something then discover there is a bug in it number 1

and then number 2 how to solve that bug, been there done that.

I'll give you $30, its not about the numbers its about whats behind making a game like this possible.

We are only at the beginning of AR in its development, with the updates constantly coming out and their long lists of fixes, changes, among other things,

imo BI is doing what their supposed to be doing, there isn't another game imo that pushes updates like BI does that i have played.

Even Arma 3 is ....still getting updates consistently to this day since .... 2013!, imo your getting more then your money's worth,

give it time it will come around more content will come, as things get upgraded, fixed, and more optimized it will be easier for everyone BI

and modders to get more content in the game.

Arma 3 was the same way and look at where its now, give it time, the way BI is going at it, it will refine itself into a good game.

Also multiplayer isn't the only thing to do in the game, go into game master place a player and a jeep set the time of day and go travel the map

or some of the new maps modders created, compared to Arma 3 AR has some more immersive elements that only Arma 3 wishes it had.

You can always give me 30 $  if you have spare ones. I need to pay my taxes and buy lollypop for  my niece