II OMEGA101 II

Stranded - Open World Zombie Survival Sandbox [SP] [Released]

Stranded

An event occurred. It's origin unknown. Some say it's just nature restoring the balance. Some say it's a virus from outer space. Some say it's Judgement. Nobody truly knows. What we do know is that one day the dead started to rise. Everyone who dies rises again to attack the living and create more walking corpses. Countries that had the infrastructure managed to withstand the event whereas countries torn by civil war, famine and scarcity were not so lucky. Altis was not so lucky. You are a drifter. A faceless roaming survivor of the aftermath earning a meagre living scavenging and selling loot. You are nothing. A nobody and when you die you become another nobody. Over and over. 

Explore and pillage the island nation of Altis where the further you go the harder it gets. Battle across high risk/high reward loot zones where the better the gear the more dangerous the foe but don't stay out too long. You don't want to be outside a safe zone when night falls. Take on odd jobs. Kill zombies and bandits for money. Build up your cash to buy better gear to take on harder loot zones but beware, If you die you lose it all.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3210541042

Merged_document.jpgMerged_document%20(1).jpg

Merged_document%20(2).jpgMerged_document%20(3).jpg

Gameplay Videos

Mission Summary

Features

- Random Events
- Safe Zones
- Vendors
- Loot Zones
- Tiered Loot system
- Tiered enemies
- Somewhat balanced progression
- Repeatable missions
- Mag repacking
- Ambient, non intrusive, music
- Custom dynamic spawn system that changes depending on day/night cycle.

The main feature of this scenario is what I hope to be re-playable fun that you can either enjoy in short spurts or play over a couple hours.

Future

Whilst this project is functionally completed there is more I would have liked to do with it however due to time constraints / inexperience I've had to cut features out. Over time I would like to add things like a sort of bounty system / reputation system plus expand and add more variety to what's in this scenario.

I can't make any promises, beyond bug fixing support, that I'll continue to add to this project though.

Requirements

- Apex
- Contact
- All free DLC
- Ravage

Reccomended Mods

All these mods are located on the steam workshop.

JSRS Sound Mod
JSRS Reload Sounds
Better Inventory
Death Hit and Reaction Sounds
Enhanced Movement
Enhanced Movement Rework
CE: Movement
CQB Weapon Stance
Dynamic Camo System
Impact
Moving Stacks Rework
No more Soul-Less Eyes
Project SFX: Remastered
Webknights Two Primary Weapons - This mod introduces an unintended consequence in the respawn system whereby the second primary weapon isn't removed.
Rested Weapon Movement
Modernized controls collection
Enhanced Soundscape

I use the above list of mods with this scenario however there are a couple very minor interactions with my scripts.

Bug Reporting / Feedback / Suggestions

Leave a comment here or on the steam workshop page

I greatly appreciate any feedback and/or support.

Change Log

Update: 3 Apr @ 11:15pm

_______ Fixes _______

- Removed some old files that bloated the scenario size. Sorry!

_______ Additions _______

- Added a means to reset your score level (other than by dying and losing your stuff) if you kill Bluflor.

Update: 5 Apr @ 6:44pm

Removed Western Sahara requirement. Completely unintentional!

I've been experimenting with making different versions of this scenario with different dlc's and mods in mind like Western Sahara and RHS mods.

Update: 7 Apr @ 9:42pm

_______ FIxes _______

- Fixed Vehicle Tow script (missing semi colon)

- Fixed lights not turning on in old evac camp

- Added skip 3 hours feature to safehouse sleeping bags & to a chair next to stash table in old evac camp.

- Added tutorial conversations to the Bar Mechanic and Bar Trader to explain some of mechanics of the scenario better.

- Added some items to Loot Zone loot table.

Update: 7 Apr @ 10:23pm

_______ FIxes _______

- Removed accidental addition of western sahara dlc items in the shop menu which caused blank empty lines with prices.

Update: 11 Apr @ 11:26pm

_______ FIxes / Optimisations _______

- Optimised Cleanup script. Reduced stutter (I think) when script runs and script will only delete bodies after certain distance from player. Cleanup time extended to 20 mins per script loop.

- Removed a seperate cleanup loop for mines. Now it's all in one script.

- Made some edits to the respawn script. May help with the damage issues. Please report any more damage issues.

- Fixed Mag Repack script breaking after loading save game

- Fixed SP Respawn Script breaking after loading save game

Update: 13 Apr @ 5:53pm
_______ FIxes / Optimisations / Rebalance _______

- Rebuilt the respawn script to function without a damage event handler. Eliminating the unitended mitigation of damage received.

- Fixed safe zone guard spawns obstructing the entrances to safezones.

- Added some missing mags to the trader list

- Increased vehicle rearm price

- Decreased bounty reward for zed and bandit kills

- Lowered prices for attachments

- Increased money loss when dying

Update: 15 Apr @ 11:20pm

_______ FIxes _______

- Rewrote the add trader script and enabled the trader script to restart upon mission load after saving and exiting. This should fix the shop after resuming a saved game. Please let me know how this goes. This has changed how traders work slightly. You'll now need to look at the laptop in front of the trader to open the shop menu.

Update: 20 Apr @ 1:00am
_______ FIxes / Optimisations _______

- Small reduction of loot crates that spawn in loot zones.

- Fixed jobs completing after death. Now they fail if you die.

- Upped undead rise timer to 4 minutes from 1min 30secs.

- Fixed the cause of the object error message that occurs at the beginning of the mission.

_______ New Features _______

- Added hireable AI in safe zones.

Update: 20 Apr @ 3:10pm
_______ Optimisations _______

- Small change to how the ambient bar radio is restarted on resuming save.

Update: 22 Apr @ 9:39pm
_______ FIxes _______

- Properly integrated the gutting knife into the mission. It can now be bought from Barmen and found randomly on dead bodies and in loot zones.

- Added an animal spawn script.

- Made it easier to see where you need to go to refuel / re arm and repair your car. You can only do this with cars you've bought from the mechanic. To refuel or repair cars found in the world you'll need to buy the fuel and repair box from the mechanic (or loot them).

Credits

Haleks for providing Ravage.
Bohemia Interactive forums, for all the coding snippets, advice and support shared between members.
George Floros [GR] for his excellent scripts, including single player respawn and clean-up
Bangabob and Strider42 for the EOS scripts
outlawed for the mag repack script.
HallyG for the money shop scripts.
R3evo for his simple conversation script.
IndeedPete for his conversation system.
IndeedPete for his drunk script.

Music Credits

None of the music present within this scenario is of my own work. All rights belong to the respective authors of the music played within this creation.

Ambient Noodling - Rabea Massaad - https://www.youtube.com/@RabeaMassaad
Serenity - Das Ungesagte - https://www.youtube.com/@DasUngesagte
MooZe - Stalker OST Soundtrack - GSC Gameworld
Ambient Song - andy othling - https://www.youtube.com/@AndyOthling

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Update, 03/03/2024.

I took a bit of a long hiatus however I intend to release this ........ soon 

The base features have been completed. I've cut some things out because I didn't have the time/experience to implement them such as the conversations and lore elements.

Now I just need to polish this up a bit and do a full test and subsequent bug fixing exercise then this will be ready for release

• Like 1

Update 01/04/2024

I've created a gameplay demonstration video that I've linked in the main post and also here just as a proof of concept.

I'm currently play testing and ironing things out.

I'm linking the video here too 

• Like 2

Updated the scenario to remove the Western Sahara dlc requirement. This was completely unintentional and I left the dlc activated as I was planning on adding in the weapons and clothing and making a separate version at some point.