Sign in to follow this  
Koolkid101

New choppper!

Its a japanese helo, it almost looks like a cross between a commache and a cobra.

It's a fun little helicopter. I'm really happy to see that someone is doing something a little bit different and unusual. Maybe he could make a version in Resistance markings?

I agree with acidcrash, it looks like a cross between a Tiger and a Cobra.

Koolkid, why you answer your own posts? smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Koolkid, why you answer your own posts?<span id='postcolor'>

Ever heard of *bumb* wink.gif.

Some initial comments:

Overview:

As I said earlier, I like it a lot. Capability-wise, it's like a Kiowa with teeth. However, I do have a few polite comments to make about it:

Good:

Nice high-pitched engine noise. Kinda what I would expect from this chopper.

Good model

Good cockpit for pilot (though the instrument panel seems a little squished)

Needs Improvement:

Textures are pretty basic, both interior (gunner position especially) and exterior. This is my major problem with the helo right now. It looks kind of "messy".

Weaponry is really generic. The OH-1 normally carries TOW missiles. Maybe the "AT Missiles" could instead be changed to the standard BIS TOWs. And the 30mm gun pods carry way too much ammo. I think they usually have at most 500 rounds per gun (for US helicopters) though someone may very well correct me on this.

Need a gunner sight. Right now, there isn't one besides just an image of what's in front of the aircraft with an aiming dot. Something more like the Hokum's TV gunsight might be appropriate.

Overall: biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif out of five.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Johann "onn" Bitsoenn @ Feb. 28 2003,16:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Some problem occured. Missing addon "kegaim9", afaik it is the sidewinder used in Kegetys' Hawk. Will it be fixed / does anyone have same problem?<span id='postcolor'>

I had this problem, but then I pressed "Preview" again and it loaded fine.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hellfish6 @ Mar. 01 2003,00:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Some initial comments:

Overview:

As I said earlier, I like it a lot. Capability-wise, it's like a Kiowa with teeth. However, I do have a few polite comments to make about it:

Good:

Nice high-pitched engine noise. Kinda what I would expect from this chopper.

Good model

Good cockpit for pilot (though the instrument panel seems a little squished)

Needs Improvement:

Textures are pretty basic, both interior (gunner position especially) and exterior. This is my major problem with the helo right now. It looks kind of "messy".

Weaponry is really generic. The OH-1 normally carries TOW missiles. Maybe the "AT Missiles" could instead be changed to the standard BIS TOWs. And the 30mm gun pods carry way too much ammo. I think they usually have at most 500 rounds per gun (for US helicopters) though someone may very well correct me on this.

Need a gunner sight. Right now, there isn't one besides just an image of what's in front of the aircraft with an aiming dot. Something more like the Hokum's TV gunsight might be appropriate.

Overall:  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  out of five.<span id='postcolor'>

i agree here nice add on needs some work i expecially like the guns i do think that the gun pods carry 1500 rounds not sure but sounds right smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hellfish6 @ Mar. 01 2003,00:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Johann "onn" Bitsoenn @ Feb. 28 2003,16:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Some problem occured. Missing addon "kegaim9", afaik it is the sidewinder used in Kegetys' Hawk. Will it be fixed / does anyone have same problem?<span id='postcolor'>

I had this problem, but then I pressed "Preview" again and it loaded fine.<span id='postcolor'>

Whoah. It works like that. But for shure it is a bug :] Big one :]

isn;t that a B-737 cockpit..panel from FS2002confused.gif

What is a 737 panel doing ina chopper. tounge.gif

i like the model.

cheers