Sign in to follow this  
jimsolo

Medics, Support Waypoint, and a splash of RTB...

Hello all.

Its been years since I played Arma3 and dabbled in Mission Editing but I have returned once again.

Forgive me if this is a ignorant question as I am a bit rusty...

I am trying to drop a few Medics at a Base with a SUPPORT Waypoint as I would like them to respond to HEAL requests.

The problem I run into is they either take off on foot across the darned map or drive to BFE and sit there.

Any scripting I conjure like for example "setCurrentWaypoint" or Triggers just seems to mess up the SUPPORT ability.

Also as a side note, forcing them to respond in vehicles seems to break SUPPORT as well as they just arrive, getout and stand there next to the wounded without treating them.

I could honestly live with them staying on foot if I can find a way to limit the SUPPORT range or a solution for RTB'ing after long range support requests.

I should also note these Medics would Ideally respond to both AI and Players as its a CoOp mission.

Thanks in advance for any insight or education anyone can provide.

On 3/20/2023 at 2:33 AM, jimsolo said:

Hello all.

Its been years since I played Arma3 and dabbled in Mission Editing but I have returned once again.

Forgive me if this is a ignorant question as I am a bit rusty...

I am trying to drop a few Medics at a Base with a SUPPORT Waypoint as I would like them to respond to HEAL requests.

The problem I run into is they either take off on foot across the darned map or drive to BFE and sit there.

Any scripting I conjure like for example "setCurrentWaypoint" or Triggers just seems to mess up the SUPPORT ability.

Also as a side note, forcing them to respond in vehicles seems to break SUPPORT as well as they just arrive, getout and stand there next to the wounded without treating them.

I could honestly live with them staying on foot if I can find a way to limit the SUPPORT range or a solution for RTB'ing after long range support requests.

I should also note these Medics would Ideally respond to both AI and Players as its a CoOp mission.

Thanks in advance for any insight or education anyone can provide.

Support WP has always been somewhat broken. if its not AI driveing/pathing that bumbles it,its that it just wont work rite(especially with AI calling for request)

Example: Vehicle repair truck is on support wp

another vehicle gets damaged..

support vehicle will drive there sometimes,stop near the broken vehicle...

broken vehicle AI need to do the repairing but dont...

strange thing..you as the player enter as a passenger that vehicle and get out,THEN the AI complete repairs...

My solution(which is only applicable to players) which ENSURES AI follow Support WP,is this....

Use the request transport support module,and instead of using a typical helo,use the classname of a repair,rearm or medic vehicle. Call it when needed and it will come to your location,then when finished repairing,enter the vehicle,end the support call and the vic returns back to its original location(and despawns if virtual)

Forget about AI helping each other ,they cant even order each other to rearm if they ave a pistol in inventory. For my missions i use event handlers to reduce damage and often infinite ammo on friendly vehicles,to simulate a more formidable force.