Sign in to follow this  
Chance536

Server does not like new mod list

So I have a mod list that works completely fine in a local host but when I load it on my rented dedicated server it just fails hard. I can launch a local server with faster fine. I'm kinda new to this so the rpt file doesn't help me a whole lot. I added it in a spoiler here I'll put my mods param folder also. You can try and connect but no mission loads. I'll add the cfg for the mission too. It looks really bad from what I can tell may be beyond saving.

-mod=@CBA_A3;@CUP_Terrains__Core;@Operation_TREBUCHET;@ace;@CUP_Terrains__Maps;@Operation_TREBUCHET_First_Contact;@FIR_AWS_AirWeaponSystem_;@Operation_TREBUCHET_ACE_Compat;@Zeus_Enhanced;@CUP_Terrains__CWA;@Enhanced_Movement;@Ctab_Blufor_Tracker;@Immersion_Cigs;@HEBONTES_MILITARY_TRAINING_GROUND;@LAMBS_RPG;@LAMBS_Turrets;@JM_s_Structures;@CH_View_Distance;@LAMBS_Suppression;@Em_Buildings;@3den_Enhanced;@Ladder_Tweak;@MBG_Buildings_Killhouses_Arma3_Remaster_;@PLP_Containers;@Modular_Buildings__Laboratory;@Full_Halo_Music_Pack;@Jbad;@Vinjesvingen;@Mickey_s_Music_Mod;@Core__Rimmy_s_Cadian_Oddities;@Splendid_Smoke;@Pook_ARTY_Pack;@Cytech_Core_Assets;@Cytech_Underground_Map;@Advanced_Urban_Rapelling_v2_remade_;@WebKnight_Flashlights_and_Headlamps;@MS_IFF_Strobe;@INIDBI2__Official_extension;@Tembelan_Island;@LYTHIUM;@RHSPKL;@Bozcaada;@105th_Armor_Pack;@Isla_Abramia;@105th_Splash;@105th_Utility_Pack;@A2_Declassified_Fireteam_Zulu;@MRH_Satellite;@Operation_TREBUCHET_First_Contact_ACE_Compat;@OPCAN_3_0_By_Wolf_Of_Tribute_Modding_formerly_LM_;@CUP_ACE3_Compatibility_Addon__Terrains;@DS_Houses;@Task_Force_Arrowhead_Radio_BETA__;@ACE_3_Extension_Placeables_;@ACE_3_Extension_Animations_and_Actions_;@A3_Thermal_Improvement;@Gruppe_Adler_Trenches;@ACE_3_Extension_Gestures_;@LAMBS_Danger_fsm;@No_More_Aircraft_Bouncing;@HEV_Patch;@Keff_s_ONI_Materials_Group;@Freestyles_Crash_Landing;@Zeus_Enhanced__ACE3_Compatibility;@DUI__Squad_Radar;@Operation_Trebuchet_;@GRAD_Sling_Helmet;@Colourful_VR_Entities;@KAT__Advanced_Medical;@M224_60mm_Mortar_ACE_;@Crows_Electronic_Warfare;@DMNS_Optre_Assets;@Breach;@BackpackOnChest__Redux;@New_Mombasa_WIP_;@41st_ODST_MFR__Declassified_Assets;@Niakala;@Fapovo_Island;@Summa;@Lingor_Dingor_Island;@Isla_Duala;
-serverMod=@CBA_A3;@CUP_Terrains__Core;@Operation_TREBUCHET;@ace;@CUP_Terrains__Maps;@Operation_TREBUCHET_First_Contact;@FIR_AWS_AirWeaponSystem_;@Operation_TREBUCHET_ACE_Compat;@Zeus_Enhanced;@CUP_Terrains__CWA;@Enhanced_Movement;@Ctab_Blufor_Tracker;@Immersion_Cigs;@HEBONTES_MILITARY_TRAINING_GROUND;@LAMBS_RPG;@LAMBS_Turrets;@JM_s_Structures;@CH_View_Distance;@LAMBS_Suppression;@Em_Buildings;@3den_Enhanced;@Ladder_Tweak;@MBG_Buildings_Killhouses_Arma3_Remaster_;@PLP_Containers;@Modular_Buildings__Laboratory;@Full_Halo_Music_Pack;@Jbad;@Vinjesvingen;@Mickey_s_Music_Mod;@Core__Rimmy_s_Cadian_Oddities;@Splendid_Smoke;@Pook_ARTY_Pack;@Cytech_Core_Assets;@Cytech_Underground_Map;@Advanced_Urban_Rapelling_v2_remade_;@WebKnight_Flashlights_and_Headlamps;@MS_IFF_Strobe;@INIDBI2__Official_extension;@Tembelan_Island;@LYTHIUM;@RHSPKL;@Bozcaada;@105th_Armor_Pack;@Isla_Abramia;@105th_Splash;@105th_Utility_Pack;@A2_Declassified_Fireteam_Zulu;@MRH_Satellite;@Operation_TREBUCHET_First_Contact_ACE_Compat;@OPCAN_3_0_By_Wolf_Of_Tribute_Modding_formerly_LM_;@CUP_ACE3_Compatibility_Addon__Terrains;@DS_Houses;@Task_Force_Arrowhead_Radio_BETA__;@ACE_3_Extension_Placeables_;@ACE_3_Extension_Animations_and_Actions_;@A3_Thermal_Improvement;@Gruppe_Adler_Trenches;@ACE_3_Extension_Gestures_;@LAMBS_Danger_fsm;@No_More_Aircraft_Bouncing;@HEV_Patch;@Keff_s_ONI_Materials_Group;@Freestyles_Crash_Landing;@Zeus_Enhanced__ACE3_Compatibility;@DUI__Squad_Radar;@Operation_Trebuchet_;@GRAD_Sling_Helmet;@Colourful_VR_Entities;@KAT__Advanced_Medical;@M224_60mm_Mortar_ACE_;@Crows_Electronic_Warfare;@DMNS_Optre_Assets;@Breach;@BackpackOnChest__Redux;@New_Mombasa_WIP_;@41st_ODST_MFR__Declassified_Assets;@Niakala;@Fapovo_Island;@Summa;@Lingor_Dingor_Island;@Isla_Duala;
class Missions {
	class ARMA3 {
		template = OptreTestingRange.hebontes;				// Mission to load (Mission file located in MPMissions, dont write here the .pbo extension, example: MyMission.Altis)
		difficulty = "Recruit";                             // Server difficulty Settings (Recruit, Regular, Veteran, Mercenary)
        class Params {};
	};

http://myaccount.dropsend.com/share/920e3f54656768d6cae3a4be1dcf182f

Hi, have you tried your mod list without it being set as a servermod?

I also rent a server but i never use -serverMod and never have issues.

40 minutes ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Hi, have you tried your mod list without it being set as a servermod?

I also rent a server but i never use -serverMod and never have issues.

Yes I tried the server mods I think about halfway through my testing. It seems its not loading the mission. This error sticks out to me.

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.\na3_characters_f

So I tried a clean install on the dedicated server same error even with vanilla missions. So then I tried a clean install on my PC using FASTER to quick setup a server, also same error. I almost wonder if something is wrong with arma Server's download right now. Thats 2 clean installs giving same error no mods installed or loaded.

8 hours ago, Chance536 said:

on my rented dedicated server

Who are you renting from?

Mods... your trying to load to many mods imo.

1. Start with vanilla, does it run any mission, can you get on the server and play without issues?

2. If you want to add mods, then start small, add a couple go from there, works? Can play? yes? ok next mod, works?, yes? repeat.

Keep adding mods til you run into an issue.

Sometimes its certain mods in combination of others that make things not work right.

I would keep it simple, as someone whom has spent 6 months back in the Arma2OA days compiling a mod of 250 mods into

a single mod and then trying to determine what mods arent working or why theirs a conflict, i can tell you that more isn't better.

You cannot add all that at once and expect it to work in a go, yes it works local for you, but the server is not setup like your machine

thats the problem, so you need to make sure the mods are the same, all versions, make sure that the server's

vanilla files/DLC are the same as yours.

If the server's game files can be updated do that, if its not the latest version then make sure, contact the GSP about that, unless

theres a gamepanel with a steam updater (like a verify integrity of cache) you can use.

Whatever the mission/s your playing should only require those mods running and loaded that means anything extra leave out

of the commandline until you get the mission working.

My rule of thumb when editing missions, if you plan on playing a mission with certain content (mods) aka external assets

other then vanilla then only run those mods that are to be in the mission, everything else must not be loaded or you get an

addon dependency.

This is an old subject with servers and players that like to run 50+ mods at once on their server, and get errors,

yes start small work your way up.

Lastly it could be an issue whom your renting from, it could be a server issue, looking at your rpt its a mess, lose the mods,

go vanilla, give the game what it wants, then make sure it runs, then add mods from there.

The error

4 hours ago, Chance536 said:

na3_characters_f 

is an old error its nothing new, you can really ignore this, its really a3_characters_f  which i get on my server i rent

but i have no issues running anything, of course i also dont have alot of mods, about 5 at most.

But the na3_characters_f is a vanilla error thats been reported on the feedback tracker for many years, the issue as mentioned

could be related to the server itself, as you said local works fine for you.

• Like 1

So I did get this working I went mod by mod and redone it. I realized I had 3 client side mods active on the server, I don't know if they were the cause or not. I also added no maps other than the one I needed to start with. The other maps I'll add as needed. I went about 5 mods at a time and tested a test mission I made for each addition of mods, that is dependent on the added mods. The rpt file still looks kinda scary but everything is running and seems stable. So I'm gonna go with if it aint broke don't fix it. I wish I'd found an easier solution to tell everyone, but I didn't. I did end up with the entire mod pack installed minus the maps and a 1 or 2 small things I decided I would never use.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chance536 said:

The rpt file still looks kinda scary but everything is running and seems stable.

Good, rpt may be spammed with alot of mods, so a tip is to just turn the logs off for the server you can do this

in the server.cfg with this code which should already be defined in it, you just have to change what it says.

Look here for more info on the server.cfg https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3:_Server_Config_File

timeStampFormat = "none";               Set the timestamp format used on each report line in server-side RPT file. Possible values are "none", "short", "full".

Why you want to turn the logs off?

Overtime if the rpt is being spammed into it will eventually effect performance, the file will go from kb, to gb in hours and

start to eat up the servers ram, i recommend to set the rpt to none until you need to use the rpt to check for errors or see what

issues are coming up for a problem you may be dealing with, like a mission not loading ect,.

• Like 1

I did not know this. Thankyou I will change that right away, that may explain why I needed to restart the server when it was on antistasi every few days.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Chance536 said:

that may explain why I needed to restart the server when it was on antistasi every few days.

Possibly, worth a try anyways i always have my rpt off on my rented server, and only use it when

the mission im trying to play isn't loading.

I've had it in the past with Arma 1 and Arma 2/OA when i rented a server then that missions i built with a ton of script in them

with the rpt on would spam errors and such, the file got large, but it happened after several hours of play.

If a mission is heavily scripted, requires some to many mods, and your running other mods on top, that rpt

is going to lose its mind 😄