Jonssonsson

Execute a script each time a player plants an explosive

I have been trying to think of a way to execute a script (playSound or say3d so nothing fancy) each time a player controlled unit plants an explosive in a MP scenario. Could this be done with the event handler? I was thinking that maybe doing this with AnimChanged, but the animation for planting an explosive might be used for other actions...

Also, this should be ACE compatible and I know ACE has it own system for planting explosives so it might make a difference.

Any ideas?

ACE has this cool event you can hook into:

[
	"ace_explosives_place",
	{
		params ["_explosive", "_dir", "_pitch", "_unit"];

hint str _this;
	}
] call CBA_fnc_addEventHandler;

Can't remember whether it fires on each machine or just for player placing the explosive.

• Like 1

A stupid question perhaps, but how would I use that script in practice?

Also, that would only work when using ACE and I want this feature to work with and without ACE.

For vanIlla, Fired EH can happen everytime one fires, including plant or throw.

• Like 1

Thanks for the tips _foley and POLPOX. I dabbled with ace_explosives_place and Fired EH and I think i got it working according to my expectations.

Fired EH did it for vanilla, but it did not work with ACE. At first, ace_explosives_place did not seem to work with ACE at all, but then I realized that the script does not fire when placing an explosive but rather when you are setting the trigger to the explosive (only if you set a detonator as the trigger, does not work for timer for some reason).

So I placed this to unit's init for which I want my script to fire each time the unit plants an explosive (in vanilla) or sets a trigger to an explosive (with ACE):

this addeventhandler ["fired", {if((_this select 1) in ["Put"]) then {  
this say3D "mysound";  
};  
}];

[  
 "ace_explosives_place",  
 {  
  params ["_explosive", "_dir", "_pitch", "_unit"];  
  this say3D "mysound";  
 }  
] call CBA_fnc_addEventHandler;

This at least seem to work according to my fairly limited testing.