Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

Ofp xbox edition delayed again!

Hopefully it will be worth the wait. And hopefully it will be better then GR on the xbox. Which is pretty damn good for a console.

Hoz

BIS cant fuck microsoft with ther crap ofp software.

U wanne deal with microsoft u have to program well and thats the point they cant.BIS are noobs there are still big bugs in ofp and they still cant fix it.Thats way it delay.

here read this note from suma:

customer:

Q: I play Resistance on high detail terrain and visibility of about 2500m - which should be of no problem, as I'm playing on very powerful computer. Still performance seems to be very slow, especially in some missions. What can I do?

suma:

A: Use lower terrain detail settings (like "Normal"), especially when using increased viewing distance. Terrain detail level "High" requires a lot of memory and CPU resources, and it was included mostly in anticipation of hardware that will be available several years from now.

What in the fuck will that be, videocard from NASA.

You see they cant fix problems.

BIsuck

bye

tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (borgkov @ Mar. 08 2003,20:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">bye<span id='postcolor'>

Toodaloo!

borgkov clearly you do not wish to be a member of this forum, wish granted.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (borgkov @ Mar. 08 2003,20:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Q: I play Resistance on high detail terrain and visibility of about 2500m - which should be of no problem, as I'm playing on very powerful computer. Still performance seems to be very slow, especially in some missions. What can I do?<span id='postcolor'>

Reduce detail, get a better computer tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What in the fuck will that be, videocard from NASA.<span id='postcolor'>

I dont think NASA does videocards, the last time I checked they still use computers from the seventies in the launch room.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You see they cant fix problems.<span id='postcolor'>

You think having settings for very very high detail, which does not run on any present day computer is a problem? I dont see why it would be, except if it somehow hurts your ego when your brand new computer cant after all run all games at the highest detail level possible.

Sure there has been bugs in ofp, and alot of them, but I would say that most of them have been fixed already.

I like having those super high detail settings there. OFP is a sure classic, which means I will be playing it years after. Just a moment ago I was playing Carmageddon 2, a rather old game now, and I would very much like it to have had support for higher resolution than 640x480 and a view distance setting. It would have seemed crazy at the time the game came out, but now it would be a very nice thing to have. Same thing goes to so many classic games out there, I would want Thief (2) to support 32bit color, System Shock to support more than 640x480, etc. etc.

Sure, OFP isnt bugfree. But on my PC its running very good, even if i play in High Res. Landscape detail is always on normal, because the most missions are developed in that mode. It has influence on the mission.

But borgkov wants to play CS until he is 13 tounge.gif

I play in normal mode, too, because the landscape has the most realistic appearance there.

In high and very high, there are too many little bumps and hills, like after an attack of hundreds of crazy moles crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MP Studio @ Mar. 08 2003,21:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But borgkov wants to play CS until he is 13  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Please don't mock the afflicted biggrin.gif

I find it amusing that the people who might express disdain towards BIS for the heavy hardware requirements are the same sort that will whinge at a company because their games from a few years back look terrible compared to newer games.

BIS made a decision to produce an engine that will scale as harware becomes more powerful. That is a great thing, in my opinion.

I just cant believe they are making an Xbox version. Isnt that like putting gold paint (OFP) on a turd (xbox). It might look good, but it's still a turd (xbox).

I think BIS will do a good job with the xbox version. I can't see them releasing a half-arse game.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SFG @ Mar. 09 2003,05:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think BIS will do a good job with the xbox version. I can't see them releasing a half-arse game.<span id='postcolor'>

It's a great, groundbreaking game that changed tactical gaming forever, but it's also full of bugs and incomplete features that turn off a great deal of gamers. You cannot deny this.

But saying the ground detail is the worst problem gives this guy away as a troll. If he was real OFP player, he'd know that the real problems are the clipping bugs, no join-in-progress multiplayer, lack of addon management, all the weird "works only on a full moon" scripting issues and the overall weapons balance. I think BIS is working on these things and isn't going to disappoint us, so we just have to wait.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (toadeater @ Mar. 09 2003,22:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SFG @ Mar. 09 2003,05:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think BIS will do a good job with the xbox version. I can't see them releasing a half-arse game.<span id='postcolor'>

It's a great, groundbreaking game that changed tactical gaming forever, but it's also full of bugs and incomplete features that turn off a great deal of gamers. You cannot deny this.

But saying the ground detail is the worst problem gives this guy away as a troll. If he was real OFP player, he'd know that the real problems are the clipping bugs, no join-in-progress multiplayer, lack of addon management, all the weird "works only on a full moon" scripting issues and the overall weapons balance. I think BIS is working on these things and isn't going to disappoint us, so we just have to wait.<span id='postcolor'>

Well said. And don´t forget general inaccuracies in almost every unit and piece of equipment! Plus wierd AI.

But honestly don´t think BIS are working on the problems, if they thought they were important they would have fixed them looong ago.

Except the addon management, Suma or Maruk mentioned that they were planning this (along with shaders).

The graphics engine is just fine.

On XBoxs can you play with detail settings?

does this mean that there will be a standard detail setting? That would be good, because i am assuming it would be quite good.

Close im 31.

Second i hate mono games like half life CS.

I been busy with a little bug site, will release it next week on the link below.I also report these bugs to bis but no reply.

BIS if your country wanne join the EEG community, make things better.

and dont lie.  wink.gif

DOA Borgkov Ofp missions

bye

Guest ####

Okay everyone is dissing the Xbox, but they are using a PC. Looks like it is time for me to breakout the hand puppets and explian something to you kids.

First an Xbox is basicly a PC dedicated to running games, it uses a modified version of windows that has fewer secondary functions to perform so it runs smoother (fewer drivers and sub processes). The video card is a GF3 and the sound is a sound blaster 5.1 audigy. Both of which are married to the motherboard which provides higher bus speed between componants.

Second the biggest problem with doing a game like Flashpoint and putting it to console is that the game has to be able to run from the DVD rom directly, this means that a copywrite protection system like FADE is unuseable.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (#### @ Mar. 10 2003,16:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Okay everyone is dissing the Xbox, but they are using a PC. Looks like it is time for me to breakout the hand puppets and explian something to you kids.

First an Xbox is basicly a PC dedicated to running games, it uses a modified version of windows that has fewer secondary functions to perform so it runs smoother (fewer drivers and sub processes). The video card is a GF3 and the sound is a sound blaster 5.1 audigy. Both of which are married to the motherboard which provides higher bus speed between componants.

Second the biggest problem with doing a game like Flashpoint and putting it to console is that the game has to be able to run from the DVD rom directly, this means that a copywrite protection system like FADE is unuseable.<span id='postcolor'>

You need to stop playing with hand puppets and take some CS classes. tounge.gif

The Xbox doesn't use a "modified version of Windows" it uses the Win2K kernel and DirectX, which is basically a stripped down version of Windows. It has a 733mhz P3 processor and slow 64mb DDR RAM. It doesn't use an SB Audigy for sound, it uses some custom audio processors, which is still basically the same as on-board sound on modern motherboards. The graphics system is not a GF3, it is a custom 300mhz chip, with a "media" co-processor which is optimized for gaming and video.

The XBOX has no advantage over modern PCs in graphics anymore. If developers geared games toward the top PC spec right now, the XBOX would wind up looking like the SNES. As someone here already said, I think they may even need to dumb-down OFP somewhat to get it to run adequately on the XBOX.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (toadeater @ Mar. 10 2003,20:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Xbox doesn't use a "modified version of Windows" it uses the Win2K kernel and DirectX, which is basically a stripped down version of Windows.<span id='postcolor'>

Err.... whats the difference?

Guest ####

Seems like it is fall this year.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SFG @ Mar. 10 2003,21:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (toadeater @ Mar. 10 2003,20:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Xbox doesn't use a "modified version of Windows" it uses the Win2K kernel and DirectX, which is basically a stripped down version of Windows.<span id='postcolor'>

Err.... whats the difference?<span id='postcolor'>

I think "modified" means that it is somehow improved or changed, where as "stripped down" means the same as an existing product but missing functions.