Sign in to follow this  
-CCCP-Stalker

East cargo planes

Please tell me what kind of modern East cargo planes do you wanna see in OFP. With pics please. Oh and no HUGE ones (like AN-124)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Munger @ Feb. 27 2003,15:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">An-224. wink.gif

Nah, a match for the C-130 would be good, like the An-12 Cub. The An-3 Colt would also be great for spec ops insertions by parachute etc.

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/row/an-2.htm

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/row/an-12.htm

smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I also vote for the AN-12

confused.gif I have already posted a thread about an east cargo plane....Here

But anyway, I'd like to see an AN-2 Colt and an AN-12 Cub made.

I need a plane not more than 80 cargo places which will be capable to transport 1-2 BMDs. I already know about AN-32 Avon. But I don't need someones plane. I need our's (home made you know smile.gif)

its impossible to transport anything

unless if you a programmer that can rebuild OFP engine lol biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Abrams @ Feb. 27 2003,19:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">its impossible to transport anything

unless if you a programmer that can rebuild OFP engine lol biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

not sure about troops but i do think you can transport vehicles

A-50 Mainstay :

Specifications

Countries of Origin CIS (formerly USSR)

Similar Aircraft E-3 Sentry

Crew Seven

Role AEW

control

Armament tail turret

Length 152 ft, 8 in (46.5 m)

Span 165 ft, 6 in (50.5 m)

a-50.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">its impossible to transport anything

unless if you a programmer that can rebuild OFP engine lol  

<span id='postcolor'>

If I may correct, it is possible .. With the loading script by Kegetys.. It works with his AGS-17 and upminders mortar, why wouldnt it work with tanks??

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (2stoned2kil| @ Feb. 27 2003,21:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Role AEW<span id='postcolor'>

thread name = "East CARGO planes"  wink.gif  tounge.gif  biggrin.gif

I'd like an An-2, and maybe a An-26 or An-72

I agree that A-50 Mainstay doesn't belong to this thread smile.gif

I think A-12 Cub would be a very good addon. Antonov is a bit too big for OFP in my opinion. It would be nice to have real Russian military cargo planes, I don't like the way Antonov has Aeroflot in written on its side smile.gif Don't get me wrong, I still think it's a great addon!

How bout the AN-70? I know it's not even in service yet, but it's a nice plane nevertheless...Check it out, and check out those flower power props, lol biggrin.gif

Official Designation:  An-70

NATO Code Name:  Unknown

U.S. Counterpart:  Lockheed C-130J Hercules (1996)

Specifications

Wingspan:  144 feet, 6 inches (44m)

Length:  132 feet (40.2m)

Height:  52 feet (16.1m)

Cargo Hold:  Length: 62 feet, 5 inches (19m); Width at floor: 13 feet (4m); Height: 13 feet (4m)

Armament:  None

Engines:  Four ZKMB Progress D-27 contra-rotating propfans with 55,200 shp (41,160 kW) each

Crew:  2 to 4

Weights

Operating Weight:  160,935 pounds (73,000kg)

Max Takeoff Weight:  286,600 pounds (130,000kg)

Max Payload:  103,615 pounds (47,000kg) or 170 troops

Performance

Cruise Speed:  466 mph (750km/h)

Max Speed:  497 mph (800km/h)

Range with 44,100 pound (20,000kg) Payload:  3,995 nm (7,400km)

Range with 77,161 pound (35,000kg) Payload:  2,050 nm (3,800km)

Range with Max Fuel:  Unknown

Service Ceiling:  29,527 to 39,370 feet (9,000 to 12,000m)

Required Field Length (Normal):  5,905 feet (1,800m) with max payload

Required Field Length (STOL):  2,960 feet (900m)

Exterior 1

Exterior 2

Exterior 3

Cargo hold

Cockpit

Prop close-up

Well...it's certainly a beauty!  biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cam0flage @ Feb. 27 2003,23wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I agree that A-50 Mainstay doesn't belong to this thread <!--emo&smile.gif

I think A-12 Cub would be a very good addon. Antonov is a bit too big for OFP in my opinion. It would be nice to have real Russian military cargo planes, I don't like the way Antonov has Aeroflot in written on its side smile.gif Don't get me wrong, I still think it's a great addon!<span id='postcolor'>

Antonov is the name of the design bureau (or "make" if you want )...So Antonov aircraft have model designation beginning with "AN-"....The Antonov AN-124 is known as the Condor, not "The Antonov" as I have seen many people call it...Just thought I'd clear up a popular mistake.. biggrin.gif  

wink.gif

While I think the An-12 is the best plane for OFP purposes (it is very similar to the C-130 and C-160 aircraft) I thought the AN-72 would be fun (because it's designed to operate from small fields) and the IL-76 because it's so widespread. IL-76s are more similar to the US C-141, though, which may be a reason to exclude it - though I think it would be a lot more useful than a lot of the planes we already have.

And again.

1. I need something NOT BIGGER than C130

2. How do I make vehicle transportable ? With a script. I have already transported BMD3 via AN124 (it has TONS bugs but it actually works)

3. I don't need western aircrafts smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([CCCP]Stalker @ Feb. 28 2003,12:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And again.

1. I need something NOT BIGGER than C130

3. I don't need western aircrafts smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

1.Well the AN-12 isn't bigger than the C-130, and to the best  of my knowledge, I don't think the AN-32 is either, nor is the AN-70 nor the AN-74.

3.Who proposed a western aircraft?

Someone already said this but i feel the sam way in that the AN-72 looks alot different so i'd like to see that one in game.