Hey i think the meta of machine guns beating every other gun needs to be addressed and I didn't see any other forums on the topic so decided to make one. The machine guns are just too overpowered to say the least. They have been ruining the fun for me and all my friends who play the game with one friend quitting the game because he keeps dying to people with machine guns and can't even try to give other guns a chance because the machine guns are so strong that there's no point in using any other gun. The thing that bugs me is that they shoot so fast and have so much ammo but also hit harder than most guns while retaining accuracy during long drawn out automatic fire. There's literally no competition when you run into someone jumping around with a machine gun to delete you instantly. The weight doesn't even matter because people just put it on their back and they're running full speed again, at least it seems, but when you run into someone laying down waiting for you with a machine gun it's just over before you can do anything regardless of strategy or aim. I've ran into someone who plays vigor and just uses the Maschinengewehr 3 with the sole purpose of trolling and killing the whole lobby and he does not pick up anything so weight isn't a factor for him, he just gets kills and he can easily run around and delete people with no problem. And so I made this forum to try to see if anyone else is a bit annoyed or would like to see some changes with the machine gun meta that's been in the game for long enough. My advice or suggestion would be to add more weight to them, a lot more weight, maybe less starting fire accuracy, and make the 3rd person crosshairs or cursor separated further for all the machine guns. Would like to see anybody else's suggestions and woes to this machine gun meta 

• Like 2

Less accuracy and more weight is a must. Everyone agrees except for the no skill players that love this meta because all they know how to do is abuse the glitchy running behavior and sprint at you then delete you with an MG3, etc. It is ruining the game and it’s integrity. I’ve been pleading for months on xbox and still nothing sadly. The real outlander community stands with us, we must unite so Vigor can once again be a game enjoyed for all I would gladly balance these weapons free of charge, it’s obvious when you play the game at a high level with a deep understanding which weapons are overpowered, underpowered, or just right. Vigor devs, please help us!!!🙏🙏🙏

• Like 1

On 2/11/2023 at 6:04 PM, Whitelotus_ said:

Hey i think the meta of machine guns beating every other gun needs to be addressed and I didn't see any other forums on the topic so decided to make one. The machine guns are just too overpowered to say the least. They have been ruining the fun for me and all my friends who play the game with one friend quitting the game because he keeps dying to people with machine guns and can't even try to give other guns a chance because the machine guns are so strong that there's no point in using any other gun. The thing that bugs me is that they shoot so fast and have so much ammo but also hit harder than most guns while retaining accuracy during long drawn out automatic fire. There's literally no competition when you run into someone jumping around with a machine gun to delete you instantly. The weight doesn't even matter because people just put it on their back and they're running full speed again, at least it seems, but when you run into someone laying down waiting for you with a machine gun it's just over before you can do anything regardless of strategy or aim. I've ran into someone who plays vigor and just uses the Maschinengewehr 3 with the sole purpose of trolling and killing the whole lobby and he does not pick up anything so weight isn't a factor for him, he just gets kills and he can easily run around and delete people with no problem. And so I made this forum to try to see if anyone else is a bit annoyed or would like to see some changes with the machine gun meta that's been in the game for long enough. My advice or suggestion would be to add more weight to them, a lot more weight, maybe less starting fire accuracy, and make the 3rd person crosshairs or cursor separated further for all the machine guns. Would like to see anybody else's suggestions and woes to this machine gun meta 

On 2/12/2023 at 4:06 AM, fOUr20blUntz said:

Less accuracy and more weight is a must. Everyone agrees except for the no skill players that love this meta because all they know how to do is abuse the glitchy running behavior and sprint at you then delete you with an MG3, etc. It is ruining the game and it’s integrity. I’ve been pleading for months on xbox and still nothing sadly. The real outlander community stands with us, we must unite so Vigor can once again be a game enjoyed for all I would gladly balance these weapons free of charge, it’s obvious when you play the game at a high level with a deep understanding which weapons are overpowered, underpowered, or just right. Vigor devs, please help us!!!🙏🙏🙏

Hei, thank you both for sharing your feedback and ideas with us. We will be doing a full Weapon overhaul this year to balance out all guns, but it will take some time as we want to make sure to do it properly. Currently the tweaks that were done are the most we could do with the time given, but we will be looking into in deeper and address issues we couldn't previously. We hope we will be able to deliver a good balancing system for you 🙂🍅

• Like 2

Yeah supposedly they were nerfed and that's all I ever die to anymore. Seems like mg's are the 725 from modern warfare 2019 where they will get nerfed 34 times and still be overpowered

• Haha 1

Yeah, they're absolutely kidding themselves if they think adding a longer reload time on the lmgs is really nerfing them...

On 2/21/2023 at 1:10 AM, Jasmine104 said:

Hei, thank you both for sharing your feedback and ideas with us. We will be doing a full Weapon overhaul this year to balance out all guns, but it will take some time as we want to make sure to do it properly. Currently the tweaks that were done are the most we could do with the time given, but we will be looking into in deeper and address issues we couldn't previously. We hope we will be able to deliver a good balancing system for you 🙂🍅

Thank you for addressing this post in a timely manner and with a straightforward answer as usual. Thank you guys for sticking with this game for so long, I know you guys have a lot on your plate with all these people complaining and wanting changes, but your efforts are appreciated and they don't go unnoticed. Vigor is a great game. It speaks for itself with the reviews and the long standing player base. I hope to see you guys grow as developers and maybe make a Vigor 2 or continue with the same formula in a different game. If that is in the works, maybe make it for old gen and new gen if possible lol. Anyways thanks again❤️

I mean generally speaking when people complain about stuff, and it gets fixed no one complains anymore? It's not magic. Its just constructive criticism. Honestly with the way the game has been going such as (People with over 10k kills camping with lmgs, picking up a weapon in an encounter and when loading it just puts 9 rounds in and deletes the rest of the ammo, the newb shield with aim assist and a little more health, etc.) I can keep going. But honestly, I've been playing for 2 years now and it's amazing how much stuff hasn't been fixed yet. I'm at the point where if stuff isn't fixed soon, I'm out, and I'm definitely not the only one that feels that way. 

• Like 2

On 5/2/2023 at 11:44 AM, UncleSlippyFist said:

I mean generally speaking when people complain about stuff, and it gets fixed no one complains anymore? It's not magic. Its just constructive criticism. Honestly with the way the game has been going such as (People with over 10k kills camping with lmgs, picking up a weapon in an encounter and when loading it just puts 9 rounds in and deletes the rest of the ammo, the newb shield with aim assist and a little more health, etc.) I can keep going. But honestly, I've been playing for 2 years now and it's amazing how much stuff hasn't been fixed yet. I'm at the point where if stuff isn't fixed soon, I'm out, and I'm definitely not the only one that feels that way. 

Now now, let's not let common sense get in the way of things around here.

While playing last night I had a similar discussion with my duo partner.

If the weapon rebalancing the Devs are talking about isn't done right, lots of people will be done with the game.

People with 10k plus kills running the meta all the time and lobby wiping gets boring AF.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2023 at 4:35 PM, eKLaB said:

Now now, let's not let common sense get in the way of things around here.

While playing last night I had a similar discussion with my duo partner.

If the weapon rebalancing the Devs are talking about isn't done right, lots of people will be done with the game.

People with 10k plus kills running the meta all the time and lobby wiping gets boring AF.

Well to be honest I think I am done with the game it just keeps getting worse and worse. So annoying getting dropped by a guy with 5 kills because he's in a corner and gets aim assist. Glad I've been around two years working my kpe up just to get screwed by some new guy with extra benefits. THANKS BOHEMIA FOR MAKING A HALFWAY DECENT GAME NOT FUN AND BASICALLY UPLAYABLE!!!!!

• Like 1

More so this season than last I'm getting 1 tapped from players with 0 stats.

I watched a raincoat literally snap on to my character as he turned around, then shoot me dead. 

• Like 1

On 5/28/2023 at 11:31 PM, eKLaB said:

More so this season than last I'm getting 1 tapped from players with 0 stats.

I watched a raincoat literally snap on to my character as he turned around, then shoot me dead. 

I have talked to several players like this and these new players aren’t sticking around because the game gets harder after their new account buff wears off. Once that happens most of them quit. For most people Vigor is a 4 star game for a month at best and then it is uninstalled forever and forgotten. I keep trying to support the community and push the devs in the right direction and listen to new players for feedback on ways to improve. Nothing productive gets done, we’re still waiting for our first ever new shelter improvement. Anyone else remember when shelter customization was “coming soon”??? I get the feeling the devs hands are tied by the publishers. Only put out micro transaction content because that is the only way they make money. Well people don’t want to spend money on trash so give the people a better product, look at the success of Fortnite, and people will give you money quicker than you can take it for your cosmetics. So please, after all these years of Vigor spiraling down hill, can we get some answers to why this game has been such a disappointment for so many????

The game becomes hard because of the unbalanced weapons, most of which are out of reach for the newer players.

Shelter customisation? You mean the option to go from looking like a shak to a house right?

That was the shelter customisation players were given 🤷

Personally I could care less about shelter customisation and cosmetics and would gladly take improvements to the game over those.

But sadly at the end of the day "it's a free game" and money has to be made on it and quality is left lacking at the expense of the quick buck.

So everyone should quit so the publisher moves on or makes a change?? The devs seem to have their hands tied

I feel the player base has been slowly dying off in the last couple of seasons.

Which has seen an increase in the nerfing of various things within the game to force people to buy crowns to improve it.

I think we can all agree on that. They just keep beating the same dead horse expecting different results.

I chose the apk mod pack to use the crown because I needed to use it to improve while the player base was slowly dying out in recent seasons, greatly affecting the speed in the game.

Last night I played for a few hours on Sagbruk, Gronthem, and Myren. And what shocked me the most was the number of players who did not have the battle pass. In each lobby there were only one or two and I was usually ONE of the two. That is pretty sad when you consider that most battle passes give you more crowns than you pay, and you can actually pay for one and roll it into season after season with a little discipline.

Frankly I think Bohemia should reserve better quality guns and consumables for players WILLING to support the game - I didn't say pay to win, I suggested advantages for game supporters that help keep the bills paid. There are plenty that invest nothing, but complain endlessly. To those people I say you can all SHUT THE HELL UP! For those who do contribute, I don't disagree with your points, but I think (I don't really know) the game may need more paying customers before they can take on everything everyone wants. I know it costs a fortune for my tech team, and all we do is maintain the systems, network, and software for a healthcare system. I can only imagine how expensive it is to development and maintain, not to mention host a 7/24/365 a multiuser online game. And in our everything is free world (free email, social media, and so on) some just don't get it.

Do you want a game with ads every round or every few minutes? That can happen if folks are not willing to help prevent it.