Lucas Andre (Lunga Gamer)

Script to block mods on the server?

Hello fighters, I have a small problem with my Invade and Annex mission. Some players are using mods not allowed on the server and I don't know how to block the use of mod on the server. Does anyone know or know of any scripts that could help me with this issue? Thanks for the help fighters.

extract from https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/139003-tutorial-installation-configuration-of-arma3-dedicated-server/

If verifysignatures=2 has been declared in the server.config

The currently loaded mission defines the addons that are required by the client to play on the server for that mission

The *.Bikeys found in the servers "keys" folder define what addons you are allowed to connect to the server with (Whitelisting).

Apart from actual addons that are used in missions this should also contain all the Bikeys for any clientside addons that you allow such as Sound mods etc

• Like 1

Just set up the server like this. Have a password on Admin and verifySignatures = 2; enabled in the server.cfg.

//
// server.cfg
//
// comments are written with "//" in front of them.

// GLOBAL SETTINGS
hostname = "Afghan Insurgency.";		// The name of the server that shall be displayed in the public server list
password = "";							// Password for joining, eg connecting to the server
passwordAdmin = "6ff1209daFFG";					// Password to become server admin. When you're in Arma MP and connected to the server, type '#login xyz'
serverCommandPassword = "586748564868fgrhg";		// Password required by alternate syntax of [[serverCommand]] server-side scripting.
admins[] = {"76561198080560664"};

//reportingIP = "armedass.master.gamespy.com";	// For ArmA1 publicly list your server on GameSpy. Leave empty for private servers
//reportingIP = "arma2pc.master.gamespy.com";	// For ArmA2 publicly list your server on GameSpy. Leave empty for private servers
//reportingIP = "arma2oapc.master.gamespy.com";	// For Arma2: Operation Arrowhead //this option is deprecated since A2: OA version 1.63
//reportingIP = "arma3" //not used at all
logFile = "server_console.log";			// Tells ArmA-server where the logfile should go and what it should be called

// WELCOME MESSAGE ("message of the day")
// It can be several lines, separated by comma
// Empty messages "" will not be displayed at all but are only for increasing the interval
motd[] = {
	"", "",
	"Welcome to Altis.",
	"",
	"",
	"Battle against AAF forces and other players..",
	"",
	"",
	"Look out for campers...",
	"",
	"",
	"Get a loadout and get into battle.",
	"",
	"",
	"Keep your ears open for enemy sign..",
	"",
	"",
	"Watch where you step...."
};
motdInterval = 5;					// Time interval (in seconds) between each message

// JOINING RULES
//checkfiles[] = {};				// Outdated.
maxPlayers = 99;					// Maximum amount of players. Civilians and watchers, beholder, bystanders and so on also count as player.
kickDuplicate = 1;					// Each ArmA version has its own ID. If kickDuplicate is set to 1, a player will be kicked when he joins a server where another player with the same ID is playing.
verifySignatures = 2;				// Verifies .pbos against .bisign files. Valid values 0 (disabled), 1 (prefer v2 sigs but accept v1 too) and 2 (only v2 sigs are allowed).
equalModRequired = 0;				// Outdated. If set to 1, player has to use exactly the same -mod= startup parameter as the server.
allowedFilePatching = 0;			// Allow or prevent client using -filePatching to join the server. 0, is disallow, 1 is allow HC, 2 is allow all clients (since Arma 3 1.49+)
filePatchingExceptions[] = {"123456789","987654321"}; // Whitelisted Steam IDs allowed to join with -filePatching enabled
//requiredBuild = 12345;			// Require clients joining to have at least build 12345 of game, preventing obsolete clients to connect

// VOTING
voteMissionPlayers = 99;				// Tells the server how many people must connect so that it displays the mission selection screen.
voteThreshold = 0.2;				// 33% or more players need to vote for something, for example an admin or a new map, to become effective
allowedVoteCmds[] = {};

Then you may add the server keys for allowed mods and those allowed mods only. Having this option set with your Steam ID allows a person to log in as an admin without a password, but only people with IDs in the list.

admins[] = {"76561198080560665","76561198080560009"};

The motd section allows you to add very useful server messages.

So colleagues, the problem is that I hired a VPS, and I only downloaded and installed SteamServer and TADST, nothing else. I looked in the root folder of the weapon on the VPS and I did not find this server.cfg file
I run the server through the TADST application.

Any solution?

Thanks

6 hours ago, Lucas Andre (Lunga Gamer) said:

TADST

I recommend that you find some TADST tutorials. 

The point of TADST is to manage the config file instead of you having to do it manually. TADST writes this file as "TADST_config.cfg" to the relevant profile folder in Arma 3\TADST. Don't edit it manually.

The TADST GUI has many tabs:

VhQwla6.png

The "RULES" tab:

mauATFc.png