ArmA 3 - Fallujah 2.0. by Shezan74.Port by ANZACSAS Steve.
- Arma 2 Terrain by Shezan74 ported to Arma 3.
- Permission received directly from Shezan74.
- CUP terrains dependency removed.
- Requires CUP_Core only.
- Uses all Arma 3 features.Lighting ,weather ,AI Clutter params etc.
- Updated Clutter.
- Changed some near textures to better suit Arma 3 lighting etc.
- Fixed destroyed building error!!
- Reduced Haze.

Features
--------------------------------
- 10x10 Km terrain, 4x4 km city terrain
- Based on satellite pictures from real Fallujah area
- Big city (more than 3.000 buildings and growing)
- Houses and palms from ArmA1 to keep high performances and framerate.
- 2 Bridges and 2 dams
- Real based road grid
- Object placement AI-Friendly
- Urban, desert and oasis area
- 330.000 objects placed
- One military airport to the south, one FOB on the northern area (by -[TdC]-Ultimo.it) and another helicopter base in the northern city area.
- World Tools has been highly used in building the city to create environment randomness and bio-diversity.

Copyright 2019[ANZACSAS Steven].This item is not authorised for posting on Steam, except under the Steam
account named ANZACSAS Steven.

Do not re-upload or take any part of this upload without my permission for any reason whatsoever.

Steam Workshop link - 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?edit=true&id=2926828901

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Steven, do you know what the major differences between this one, and the "1.3" version also just released by "tacticool larper" - ?

The 1.3 version is the same as all the others released.They are in Arma 2 form.

A big difference is that all other versions have errors in the buildings classes and corrupts all buildings in all terrains in all of Arma 3 when its loaded.

Other than that , the terrain has been brought up to proper Arma 3 standards and features.

• Like 1

Wasnt CUP the better option tho as we had that addon that made CUP buildings all enterable. Personally it doesnt matter how big a city is or how many building there are if we dont have to worry about insurgents being holed up in them -thats the entire fun of Urban combat

3 minutes ago, froggyluv said:

Wasnt CUP the better option tho as we had that addon that made CUP buildings all enterable

The terrain was made with edited objects residing in unique PBO's.

3 minutes ago, froggyluv said:

Personally it doesnt matter how big a city is or how many building there are if we dont have to worry about insurgents being holed up in them -thats the entire fun of Urban combat

I agree entirely.I intend on looking into it.But the terrain is a big ask as it is.I dont want to make the terrain unplayable though.Alot of ppl are hoping for better FPS in this version due to its already demanding layout.Adding interiors back in WILL hurt performance.Its just a matter of how much.

Great project!

I wouldnt worry too much about performance, on todays PCs Fallujah should run fine mostly, wouldnt it?

Had the audacity to replace all palm trees and all buildings via script once (with same sized but newer assets). Worked out in Singleplayer - for dedicated it crashed the Server 😄

Any effort to replace those aged buildings with enterable versions would be greatly appreciated, even if it would require dependencies like JBAD.

• Like 2

On 2/14/2023 at 5:16 AM, nomisum said:

I wouldnt worry too much about performance, on todays PCs Fallujah should run fine mostly, wouldnt it?

I would have to do some tests.

Had the audacity to replace all palm trees and all buildings via script once (with same sized but newer assets). Worked out in Singleplayer - for dedicated it crashed the Server 😄

I was thinking of using the script/mod myself todo that.Did your script run server side aswell?

Any effort to replace those aged buildings with enterable versions would be greatly appreciated, even if it would require dependencies like JBAD.

I will have to look into it.There is alot of interest in it.

Thanks for your interest everyone!

On 2/3/2023 at 4:56 PM, ANZACSAS Steven said:

The terrain was made with edited objects residing in unique PBO's.

I agree entirely.I intend on looking into it.But the terrain is a big ask as it is.I dont want to make the terrain unplayable though.Alot of ppl are hoping for better FPS in this version due to its already demanding layout.Adding interiors back in WILL hurt performance.Its just a matter of how much.

Maybe releasing a separate Fallujah version with all buildings enterable could work? (As a separate Steam Workshop entry.)

People with high-end modern PCs could try both and pick the one based on their gameplay experience. This'd also fit the mission makers - some of them make CQC scenarios, others - air / armor scenarios with lots of vehicular action.

On 2/15/2023 at 3:59 PM, ANZACSAS Steven said:

I was thinking of using the script/mod myself todo that.Did your script run server side aswell?

I took a look into what I wrote back then and it was Serverside but replacing globally preinit. I suspect running it local only would work way better than what I did back in the days.

On 2/16/2023 at 4:56 AM, inlesco said:

Maybe releasing a separate Fallujah version with all buildings enterable could work?

Yeah that would work.

On 2/22/2023 at 6:39 AM, nomisum said:

I took a look into what I wrote back then and it was Serverside but replacing globally preinit. I suspect running it local only would work way better than what I did back in the days.

Thanks for looking into it.:)

Running the code locally only is an option but there is some super strange side effects from client server mismatch for cover and concealment.