Sign in to follow this  
TheConfessor

CUP AK Top Rails

I'm making a little replacement addon for CUP assets for my campaign, and I have stumbled on modding AK rifles. CUP Weapons has railed versions of AK, but those rails appears only if scope is attached to the rifle, and I would like to make those rails visible at all time. If someone would show me where to look, it would be a great help. Thank you.

Long story short, you wont be able to. If they are set up how I think they are the rails are permanently hidden unless an optic is mounted on the weapon.

Well, you could technically, but it would require you making an invisible scope attachment set up in such a way that the "eye" memory point simply aligns with the iron-sights of the AK and at the correct position.

Alternatively you could define the hidden rail as a hiddenselection in the config and try forcing it into view, but I have no idea if that would work or if it would be overwritten by the animation source within the model.cfg. It would also require you to know the named-selection in the model which unless CUP are willing to part with that info could theoretically be anything.

I see. Oh, well, looks like I'll have to use railed AK rifles as default ones and deal with it... Thanks.