Sign in to follow this  
Guest BratZ

Corsair f4u

Guest BratZ

Just to inform that the Corsair is just about there.

It has the most intricate landing gear yet,having some probs with hidden selections currently.

Beta release soon,stay tuned to

http://internalediting.ofprc.net/modules/news/

Any special requests?

you should re-work that jap one into a zero or soemthing.

and also if u want u can make one with the 20mm cannons (4) i forget what version that was.

The Corsair was only used by the US, mainly the USMC but some Navy. Definetly NOT the Japanese, and AFAIK not the Brits.

The Corsairs in the South Pacific in WWII were the primary killers of the Japanese Zero....Please have enough respect for our Vets not to paint one up in Jap colors.

smile.gif Looks Great...!!  and dont make a fuss about the Japanese one.. its just until he or someone else makes a Zero.. smile.gif no prob with it.. I cant wait!!

well any monkey can know that the japs didn;t use the corsair. Maybe they made a jap version for mp as east.

cheers

Guest BratZ

Sorry if I offended anyone with the Jap markings,was just a matter of using my white base with some Jap markings,just temporary,Zero is planned next

I was just using the Zero looking one for testing and dogfighting.If it offends I won't release it,just that we have no East fighters yet

About 800 Corsairs were used by the RAF and some sold to other countries like France and Canada

http://users.skynet.be/CORSAIR....enu.htm

Brits did use them,I could skin a Canadian one,but the plane is skinnable anyways

The landing gear is fully animated,was pretty complicated,folds back and the wheels turn in,then the doors close

Just having some probs with some hidden selections (keeps turning white)

Has animated canopy and gear so far,I havent done the folding wings yet,but only the Navy version had that anyways.

Beta anytime now

First off it looks awesome and its about time we got some decent WWII planes!  

My only critique is that the blue texture looks a *tiny* bit cartoonish...  if you could lighten it or dirty it up a bit, I think it would "mesh" better in the ofp world.

example...

ib.gif

rafale_3.jpg

They are both "grey", but one the second looks so much more real.  You know?  I think your Corsair would benefit alot from some fine tuning (like the dodge or blur tool in photoshop).

Guest BratZ

The blue Corsair actually only had color and a few lines on it at that time,but I know exactly what you are saying,that was also my first thoughts on the Helldiver also.

The Gray and White versions look better cause of the shadows and such.I am using Paintshop Pro and just learned how to make plane textures (was just color before,lol)

Any tips are appreciated, that is also why the model was skinable,I was hoping the people that didn't make models might like to make skins.

I will release the texture pack as a seperate file,with my psp layers ,that might help get people involved,so I hope some great textures may come.And clans can use their own textures and maybe people will make the Canadian version versions and such

If you like making textures,I sure could use some for the final versions.This is the whole idea of me releasing a Beta version...was hoping for a little contest and peoples best skins can go in the final version,or just keep them as seperate packs also,author can have all credit

corsair.jpg

bombrack.jpg

i was thinkin shouldnt it only have 3 prop blades (4 didnt come until the F4U-4 with teh 4 20mm cannons that replaced the 6 .50s) and about the "dirt and wear marks" yes i agree, also some burn marks form the machinguns.

here m8 here is a PERFECT site for ur model right here

Guest BratZ

Yes I planned on building the 3 prop Corsair ,but the US Navy blueprints that I used had the 4 blade and 6 gunholes.I also read stories that soldiers painted a 7&8th gunhole to scare the Japs into thinking they were messing with a 8 gun plane.

Originally it had 4 20mm and 2 50cal

When the engine got bigger (F4U-4) it had to have the 4 prop blade.The Corsair was originally a Navy ordered item,but it wasn't good on the carriers at first and was mostly used by USMC.But the Navy and Marines had different requirements that they wanted.

http://users.skynet.be/CORSAIR....WII.htm

I been on the site you posted,but outta all the sites I been on the Bent-Wing Bird Site is the best yet.

http://users.skynet.be/CORSAIR-F4U-CFS2/

I should just put the three prop like I wanted to.And I already has 6 gun flashes and 6 gunholes and gunhole smoke already textured,so I am not too anxious to change that.

I didn't get it all done this week,but I have all weekend to work on it now.

BTW the bottom plane you posted has the 6 gunholes,but thats the Goodyear version anyways,not many of those were made

And hey that site you posted,if you click on the plane it brings up detailed drawings,nice,I didn't catch that before

The RAF definately did NOT use the F4U Corsair..lol...I'm sure you mean the Royal Navy wink.gif Just like the USAAF didn't use the Corsair, but the US Navy did. Also, it wasn't really the Royal Navy,it was the Royal Australian Air Force (which really was part of British forces) and also the RNZAF (same thing). Just my 0.02$ wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (BratZ @ Feb. 28 2003,12:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BTW the bottom plane you posted has the 6 gunholes,but thats the Goodyear version anyways,not many of those were made

And hey that site you posted,if you click on the plane it brings up detailed drawings,nice,I didn't catch that before<span id='postcolor'>

detailed drawings? lol those are the actual blueprints for it...thats why i gave it to ya wink.gifwink.gif

"These original blueprints were supplied by 1st Lt. MOChance USMCR VMF-312."

not tryin to be an asshole (this time lol) just tryin to make sure my favorite plane of WWII in the pacific theater get dones corectly/close to it

Guest BratZ

Oh sorry for my European misinformation.I just assumed the Royal Navy with RAF like markings would be called RAF?

http://users.skynet.be/CORSAIR....AVY.htm

From the looks of the names of some of the carriers these came from,most are US carriers? Again,glad you caught me,I haven't made the RAF skin anyways,or whatever term I should be using...RN?

RNZAF was New Zealand ,dunno maybe I will just stick with the US versions then

Tootall,thanx for the information,help is appreciated.Escpecially if we catch a major defect that may spoil the authenticity of the addon.I would much rather have the 3 prop blade like most I see and I am going to do that.Even tho I modeled mine from US Navy blueprints of the F4U-4

I will let ya know how it goes

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (andy_aws @ Feb. 27 2003,18:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Corsair was only used by the US, mainly the USMC but some Navy. Definetly NOT the Japanese, and AFAIK not the Brits.

The Corsairs in the South Pacific in WWII were the primary killers of the Japanese Zero....Please have enough respect for our Vets not to paint one up in Jap colors.<span id='postcolor'>

Please have respect for our vets and stop playing this - (war-bloody-soldier misery and hardship and death to millions of soldiers in wars since the dawn of civilizations )- simulation.

forgot to mention the countless number of people who died from military equipment that this game is fully based on.

jesus christ. patriotism is one thing, but analistic nationalism (almost racist) is another thing.

loosen up people..its a freakin game.

cheers

literaly no, but figerativly yes.

if you dont agree with what i said, then say it in a constructive way, dont just find sarcastic things to say.

cheers

Guest BratZ

And a Japanese Zero Corsair isn't all that unrealistic.Maybe I was planning a mission where Japs took over a base. If they captured Corsairs would they drive them using the US decals?

I doubt it

Just like when the Brits captured a Zero, did they drive it with Jap markings? Nope ,it would get shot down from their own people

I agree with Deadsoldier,the point is he making anyways. Its just like ...how many Vietnam vets died from Huey parts failure...you don't see all the relatives saying they hate Hueys and don't put them in the game.

Reminds me of an old fashioned guy I worked with at a Ford Dealership,he despised the Subaru Brat I was driving saying the Japs backstabbed us,looking at what he was driving is a Ford Ranger, I pointed out that Ford Ranger are far from american vehicles anymore and are mostly Mazda parts and in the same sense he shouldnt be waving the American flag on it either

And they did us in Pearl Harbor but thats ok for us to nuke their civilians? This is still on topic of the controversial Japanese skin.

But don't worry I am making a Zero